• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Develop better habits?

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Greetings fellow human types!

I hope you are enjoying your experiences so far here on the forum with us today.

Most of our behaviour is habitual. And as human beings we tend to be reluctant to change.

If you want some tips on developing more satisfying habits, you could do FAR worse than checkout the site I have for you for free today!

Here's a little taste -

In fact the VERY first of 30 suggestions is something I have been experiencing more & more with regular practice - namely the experience of flow - different for everyone and here is what that site has to say -

Happy People Experience Flow Often

Flow is a state of complete absorption and full involvement in the present moment. It is marked by intense concentration, a sense of timelessness, and a loss of self-consciousness. It’s a deeply healing and enjoyable state and one that greatly contributes to our happiness.

Sonja Lyubomirsky, a leading happiness researcher, explains some of its benefits in her book The How of Happiness:

"The experience of flow leads us to be involved in life (rather than be alienated from it), to enjoy activities (rather than to find them dreary), to have a sense of control (rather than helplessness) and to feel a strong sense of self (rather than unworthiness). All of these factors imbue life with meaning and lend it a richness and intensity. And happiness.”

Sounds like a book well-worth checking out!

Anyway, without further mystery or confusion, here is the site that advice comes from -

31 Habits of Happy People – Backed by Science & Psychology

Enjoy the reset of your browsing!

:)

Martin

Spam, wonderful spam (bloody vikings!)
Small progressive changes to routine work best in my experience.