• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Deucalion, the Greek Equivalent of Noah and the Great Flood

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
It's My Birthday!
Because what you are calling trash is rock solid evidence that a global flood never happened, and if you were interested in truth more than in faith you would care in my view.

Why should I care if there isn't physical evidence of a flood, when the entire bible is chock full of miraculous events?

What's true is: there is not evidence of a flood. AND The bible describes miracles.

It sounds like YOU don't care about the truth that the bible has miracle after miracle after miracle after miracle....

And, why should I care about your view about the flood? Why does your opinion about that, matter in any way to me?

Seriously. You don't believe the bible is true. You have proof the bible isn't true. I can't prove to you the bible is true. And I think that's a really good thing. It cultivates faith. Faith is an absolutely true method for communion with God.

Yes, that means you or others will be excluded if you cannot cultivate faith. You personally are always welcome to join with us bible-folk. But, if you don't like it, or whatever. Fine. Why should I care?

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
All that needs to said to these nay-sayers is one word, "miracle" followed by the words "have pleasant rest of your day." :)

I care absolutley nothing about pictures from the grand canyon, and soil samples or any of that trash that critics want to preach about. Why in the world should I? I have perfect faith and it is the one of the most powerful forces in the known universe.
If you want to claim that your God is a liar that is fine with me.

You see it is not just the magic that you want to believe in. It is the endless evidence that it would have left behind.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Why should I care if there isn't physical evidence of a flood, when the entire bible is chock full of miraculous events?
Because you are calling your own God a liar when it comes to events like the Flood.
What's true is: there is not evidence of a flood. AND The bible describes miracles.

It sounds like YOU don't care about the truth that the bible has miracle after miracle after miracle after miracle....

And, why should I care about your view about the flood? Why does your opinion about that, matter in any way to me?
Once again it is not the evil behavior or your God that is a problem Though it really should bother you. Such a question makes your own morals questionable.

Seriously. You don't believe the bible is true. You have proof the bible isn't true. I can't prove to you the bible is true. And I think that's a really good thing. It cultivates faith. Faith is an absolutely true method for communion with God.

No, faith is not a pathway to the truth. That has never been supported. But it is easy to show that faith is a pathway to self deception.
Yes, that means you or others will be excluded if you cannot cultivate faith. You personally are always welcome to join with us bible-folk. But, if you don't like it, or whatever. Fine. Why should I care?
Why would a God punish people for thinking rationally? Why do you keep claiming that your own god is so immoral?

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
It's My Birthday!
Why couldn't it have come from the Akkadians? If I remember correctly they develop writing long before the Hebrews did. And where did ou get the idea that they had nothing to gain? They got a cool flood story. Ancient cultures copied from each other regularly. That is one heck of an unjustified assumption on your part.

Because the flood was not part of the original story. It was added around 1100BCE.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
It's My Birthday!
Because you are calling your own God a liar when it comes to events like the Flood.

Nope. it was a miracle. your scientific garbage is meaningless

Once again it is not the evil behavior or your God that is a problem Though it really should bother you. Such a question makes your own morals questionable.

Nope. It's not evil. You need to read the story in the original language. You also should understand the obvious bias of a Christian translator who wants to prop up the "OT" as a "curse" (Galatians 3:13) so that their super-messiah can rescue everyone from the evil OT.

That means quoting anything in english at me is pretty much a waste of time.

No, faith is not a pathway to the truth. That has never been supported. But it is easy to show that faith is a pathway to self deception.

The truth is the bible is chock ful of miracles your scientific garbage is meaningless.

Say bye-bye to anoher atheist talking point. Pretty soon there will be none left and you and your "pals" will have to converse with each other because none of us theists will care one tiny drop about what you're whining about.

I can imagine those convos. All one liners, and whiners. Boring.

Why would a God punish people for thinking rationally? Why do you keep claiming that your own god is so immoral?

What's the punishment? What are the damages? What are you talking about? Do you believe in God now?

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Nope. it was a miracle. your scientific garbage is meaningless
Boom! There goes an irony meter blown up by a person using a scientific device while denying science. It does not get much more hypocritical than that. Just because you do not understand something does not make it garbage.

Nope. It's not evil. You need to read the story in the original language. You also should understand the obvious bias of a Christian translator who wants to prop up the "OT" as a "curse" (Galatians 3:13) so that their super-messiah can rescue everyone from the evil OT.

That means quoting anything in english at me is pretty much a waste of time.
Language cannot change basic facts. Yes, if that God was real he would be very very evil. And this has nothing to do with Jesus. Jesus or no Jesus, the God of the Old Testament is wicked and incompetent.
The truth is the bible is chock ful of miracles your scientific garbage is meaningless.

Once again your very presence here demonstrates that you are breaking the Ninth Commandment.
Say bye-bye to anoher atheist talking point. Pretty soon there will be none left and you and your "pals" will have to converse with each other because none of us theists will care one tiny drop about what you're whining about.

LOL! You refuted nothing. You only demonstrated your own ignorance and arrogance.
I can imagine those convos. All one liners, and whiners. Boring.

Are you talking about yourself again? You have been whining quite loudly.

What's the punishment? What are the damages? What are you talking about? Do you believe in God now?

No, no sane person could believe in an evil God. And I do not know what the punishments would be. We are discussing your made up god.

danieldemol

Premium Member

The Bible doesn't contain miracles, it only contains stories of miracles, not that i would expect a science and reason denying apologist to be able to tell the difference in my view.

Callisto

Hellenismos, BTW
As opposed to a blimp for example. Truly an amazing parallel.
1970s Ford Country Squire wagon. Those things were like personnel carriers. LOL

Ford Country Squire wagon.jpeg

Attachments

• Ford Country Squire wagon.jpeg
    Ford Country Squire wagon.jpeg
    56.6 KB · Views: 25

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
It's My Birthday!
Personally I find the wonders uncovered by science to be incredibly meaningful. The complexity of the universe is awe inspiring.

It's beautiful and meaningful in the appropriate contexts which are many.

It's completely meaningless garbage coming from an atheist criticising the legitmacy of the bible.

If you will please notice the intentional wording of what I said:

"... your [ @Subduction Zone 's ] scientific garbage is meaningless. "

Who, what, when, where, and how, are all important for establishing apprioriate context.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member

It's completely meaningless garbage coming from an atheist criticising the legitmacy of the bible.

If you will please notice the intentional wording of what I said:

"... your [ @Subduction Zone 's ] scientific garbage is meaningless. "

Who, what, when, where, and how, are all important for establishing apprioriate context.
Thank you for making your error clearer. Do you really think that it is my evidence?

You screwed up. It is everyone's evidence. Evidence cannot be owned.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
It's My Birthday!

It's YOUR scientific garbage. I didn't screw anything up. Your stupid objection about a flood, doesn't matter. And you know it. That argument is DOA, forvever now. Kiss it goodbye. Just like all your other one-liner crapolina.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
It's YOUR scientific garbage. I didn't screw anything up. Your stupid objection about a flood, doesn't matter. And you know it. That argument is DOA, forvever now. Kiss it goodbye. Just like all your other one-liner crapolina.
No. You are projecting again. You ran away from the evidence like a coward.. If it was garbage you could have refuted it.

And once again. I do not own the evidence.

Ironically you quoted yourself. So for once you may have been right.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
It's My Birthday!
No. You are projecting again. You ran away from the evidence like a coward.. If it was garbage you could have refuted it.

It's a non-sequitar. If it was a miracle, then a lack of evidence is proof of God. It doesn't undermine it.

And once again. I do not own the evidence.

It's evidence of a miracle. Good work affirming the bible. Are you going to start a faux-atheist forum? Maybe they'll setup a faux-atheist dir for you too?

Ironically you quoted yourself. So for once you may have been right.

Everyone knows my posts are meaty. Heavy. Thick. They will sustain the faithful through the bitter winter. People complain because my posts are too long. Not because they're vacant, voids, heartless, faux-atheist drivel.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
If it was a miracle
In the East, there's a concept of siddhis, or powers. Their understanding is that power to perform what can be called miracles can be developed by ordinary people through extensive austerities and practices. From that perspective, a miracle is not proof of God.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
It's a non-sequitar. If it was a miracle, then a lack of evidence is proof of God. It doesn't undermine it.

It's evidence of a miracle. Good work affirming the bible. Are you going to start a faux-atheist forum? Maybe they'll setup a faux-atheist dir for you too?

Everyone knows my posts are meaty. Heavy. Thick. They will sustain the faithful through the bitter winter. People complain because my posts are too long. Not because they're vacant, voids, heartless, faux-atheist drivel.
If you want a serious discussion then you need to realize that even if you claim that it was a miracle there would often be evidence of that event.

You can keep claiming that it was magic, but eventually magic becomes a lie.

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
It's My Birthday!
If you want a serious discussion then you need to realize that even if you claim that it was a miracle there would often be evidence of that event.

You can keep claiming that it was magic, but eventually magic becomes a lie.

Ignored. I'm busy discussing something with an intelligent and thoughtful RF'er.