• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dessert as separate meal and request for recipe

Am I the only person who eats dessert as a separate meal? I usually eat a big dinner, and I am too full to eat dessert with my dinner. So, I eat a separate meal made up entirely of desserts hours later. I don't sleep regular hours or sleep that well, so most people probably couldn't do what I do even if they wanted to. Anyway, when it's dessert time, I usually eat various sweets, such as ice cream, cake, snack cakes, cookies, candy, etc. In spite of this, I am actually underweight, probably mostly because of my metabolism but also because I don't eat breakfast or lunch. I have a recipe request to ask of my fellow forum members. Do any of you have any ideas for a really big and sweet dessert that I can make? I don't cook or bake, so I'm just looking for already-made and probably cold products that I can put together in a delicious way. Any ideas would be much appreciated. Thanks.

HerDotness

Lady Babbleon
You actually eat nothing until dinner and then lots of sweets after that?

Sounds to me as though you could easily be underweight due to malnutrition.

lunamoth

Will to love
Ice cream Sundays are great in warm weather. Cookies and chocolate (with tea) are my favorites in the winter. Even if you don't bake, it is easy to make fresh cookies from the pre-made dough found in the refrigerator section of the store.

I also eat similar to you, except I have coffee for breakfast and a sandwich or salad around 3:30 in the afternoon. I eat a healthy dinner and sweets at night. I am slender, too , so maybe something about our metabolism leads us to our eating pattern.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Eton mess,buy some Meringues,preferably with a chewy center,Raspberries and some whipping cream,put the Raspberries in a bowl and sprinkle a little sugar on them and leave for an hour or so,this will make a natural syrup,break the meringues into pieces then whip the cream into soft peaks,put some of the Raspberries and syrup in a serving glass then the meringue and top with the whipped cream,take a spoon and fold the mixture once or twice and eat.

You are probably right, HerDotness, that my lifestyle is most likely not healthy and might lead me to suffer from malnutrition. I should probably try to follow your example, lunamoth, and at least have something small to eat sometime before dinner. I'm glad to see that someone else has a similar eating pattern to mine, as well as being thin. However, I should mention that I am a male, so that makes it even more of a coincidence. Thanks for the recipe, England my lionheart. It sounds tasty. Whenever I am able to find the ingredients, I will let you know how I like it.

HerDotness

Lady Babbleon
You are probably right, HerDotness, that my lifestyle is most likely not healthy and might lead me to suffer from malnutrition. I should probably try to follow your example, lunamoth, and at least have something small to eat sometime before dinner. I'm glad to see that someone else has a similar eating pattern to mine, as well as being thin. However, I should mention that I am a male, so that makes it even more of a coincidence. Thanks for the recipe, England my lionheart. It sounds tasty. Whenever I am able to find the ingredients, I will let you know how I like it.

Seriously, if you haven't ever, I would suggest getting blood tests to be certain you're not malnourished.

Malnutrition of certain types can kill you suddenly and unexpectedly.

Sorry if I seem to be overreacting, but this really does concern me for your wellbeing.

Trey of Diamonds

Two cans pineapple rings.
Four oranges cut into wedges.
Three Grapefruit cut into wedges.
Three cans frozen concentrate pineapple juice.
Three cans frozen concentrate orange juice.
Three cans frozen concentrate grapefruit juice.
1 bottle vodka - 1.75 liter - Taaka is fine.

Mix all frozen concentrate per directions on the can, add vodka and all fruit. Let sit over night. Take fruit out and serve as a tasty fruit salad. Serve juice as a punch.

Best dessert you'll ever have.

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Summer fruit pudding,doesn't come much easier than this,take a pudding bowl and after removing the crust from medium sliced Bread use it to line the bowl being careful not to leave gaps,in another bowl ad Berries of your coice,i like Blackberries Strawberries Raspberries Blueberries a little sugar and a little Vodka (optional) give it a gentle stir and leave for a while,gently place the mixture in the bowl and seal with Bread,put it in the Fridge overnight,just before serving put a plate on the bowl and turn it upside down then gently shake and remove the bowl and serve with Icecream or Chantilly cream.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Summer fruit pudding,doesn't come much easier than this,take a pudding bowl and after removing the crust from medium sliced Bread use it to line the bowl being careful not to leave gaps,in another bowl ad Berries of your coice,i like Blackberries Strawberries Raspberries Blueberries a little sugar and a little Vodka (optional) give it a gentle stir and leave for a while,gently place the mixture in the bowl and seal with Bread,put it in the Fridge overnight,just before serving put a plate on the bowl and turn it upside down then gently shake and remove the bowl and serve with Icecream or Chantilly cream.

It must be juicy enough to soak the bread............

Penumbra

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Am I the only person who eats dessert as a separate meal? I usually eat a big dinner, and I am too full to eat dessert with my dinner. So, I eat a separate meal made up entirely of desserts hours later. I don't sleep regular hours or sleep that well, so most people probably couldn't do what I do even if they wanted to. Anyway, when it's dessert time, I usually eat various sweets, such as ice cream, cake, snack cakes, cookies, candy, etc. In spite of this, I am actually underweight, probably mostly because of my metabolism but also because I don't eat breakfast or lunch. I have a recipe request to ask of my fellow forum members. Do any of you have any ideas for a really big and sweet dessert that I can make? I don't cook or bake, so I'm just looking for already-made and probably cold products that I can put together in a delicious way. Any ideas would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Dark chocolate works pretty well. No cooking or preparation necessary. Low in sugar, high in taste.

My desserts tend to be one of:

-Dark chocolate w/ green tea.

-Dark chocolate w/ red wine.

-An apple, blueberries, or strawberries.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
I'm with Penumbra on this one - it's hard to beat dark chocolate with red wine.

That being said, it's also hard to beat strawberry shortcake! Especially made with angel food cake.

1. Buy an angel food cake from the bakery - they will usually sell half of one, or a slice of one.

2. Slice up fresh strawberries into thin slices. Squeeze some fresh lemon juice over them. Stir in some agave juice to sweeten. Let this sit for an hour or so if you like - it's even better that way.

3. Now comes the decadent part,. I prefer real whipping cream to store bought. Whip the heavy cream till it makes peaks. Stir in sugar to taste.

Or you can use that whipping cream in the squirt can. It's good too - especially for grabbing the next morning and squirting a big gob in your mouth for breakfast - but I digress.

4. Slice a piece of angel food cake, pile strawberry slices on top, and then pile whipped cream on top of that.

Enjoy!

England my lionheart

Rockerjahili Rebel
Premium Member
Chocolate goes well with Strawberries and Champagne,but hey thats for special occasions,you can substitue Champagne with Cava which is a cheap sparkling Wine but IMO still tastes great or a little more expensive sparkling Pinot Grigio Ros'e.

I am so sorry for not posting any replies sooner. I didn't forget about this thread or this forum. My computer wasn't working for a few weeks and I only got it repaired a few days ago. I had a blood test done back in September and it came back fine. Thanks for your concern, HerDotness. I really aprreciate it. Also, thanks to everyone else for continuing to give me recipes. I have a fun trip to the supermarket ahead of me.