• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Denied Claims and Personal Bankruptcy

enchanted_one1975

Resident Lycanthrope
I am just curious what some of you are going to do when you go in for medical treatment with all of these life-long ailments and it backfires. Anyone that has dealt with doctors and insurance companies for any serious length of time knows that the insurance companies have no problem declaring that portions of the care given by your doctor were not necessary. At that point they deny said portions of the claim. They may decide you didn't really need such an expensive pain killer and decline to pay for it. They may decide that the procedure that you received had no guarantee backing it and was therefore experimental. Declined! When such things happen, the doctor and hospital doesn't just shrug their shoulders and move on. They bill whoever signed as the guarantor. If you are an adult checking yourself in for care that would be you. If you are checking someone else in because they are incapacitated or a minor then that is you. I am just curious...with this miracle healthcare bill that is supposed to save us all with magical funds that do not exist, what are you going to do when your claim is denied and you get the bill in your mailbox?

KatNotKathy

If insurance covers even a single cent of my medical bills, then I'm still in a better position than I was before, even if this healthcare bill is ****.

KatNotKathy

Will you be getting coverage for one cent?

Hey don't get me wrong I'm for the complete abolishment of insurance companies and an American NHS. What we have now is arguable even worse than the previous system (if only because insurance companies are already finding loopholes around everything except the part where they get free money). It's just that even if insurance companies deny all of my claims, I'm still no worse off than I was beforehand. You're attacking the new bill for a problem that existed long before it. Would you agree that it hasn't gone nearly far enough?

dust1n

Zindīq
I am just curious what some of you are going to do when you go in for medical treatment with all of these life-long ailments and it backfires. Anyone that has dealt with doctors and insurance companies for any serious length of time knows that the insurance companies have no problem declaring that portions of the care given by your doctor were not necessary. At that point they deny said portions of the claim. They may decide you didn't really need such an expensive pain killer and decline to pay for it. They may decide that the procedure that you received had no guarantee backing it and was therefore experimental. Declined! When such things happen, the doctor and hospital doesn't just shrug their shoulders and move on. They bill whoever signed as the guarantor. If you are an adult checking yourself in for care that would be you. If you are checking someone else in because they are incapacitated or a minor then that is you. I am just curious...with this miracle healthcare bill that is supposed to save us all with magical funds that do not exist, what are you going to do when your claim is denied and you get the bill in your mailbox?

Won't pay it.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
If a medical procedure is necessary and HELPS your problem, you have recourse - dispute the denial of the claim.

If you don't win - pay up. You do have your quality of life if the procedure you had done was at all successful - and that's worth something.

What - you think you don't have to PAY for ANYTHING? Some things are very expensive -but worth it.

Pay your bills.