• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Delving into Satanism; books/resources?

Aristocrap

So I've been studying Traditional/Theistic Satanism for a few years. I'm a senior in highschool now, going through the college process and whatnot. I've done a bit of thinking; what my beliefs are, what my values/morals are, etc.
There's no doubt I hold Satan and the Demons in high regard, but I want to find out more on Satanism and how others practice it; as well as magick and what-have-you. I've been looking through books and came across this one on Amazon called: "Satanism: A Beginner's Guide to the Religious Worship of Satan and Demons, Vol. I: Philosophy" - (I can't post the link because I haven't fulfilled the posting requirements)

It seemed like an interesting read and something I should check out, so I read a bit of the sample Amazon had on the page. I know I won't agree with everything, but it looks decent enough that I'll get something out of it.What do you think? Are there any other books you'd recommend for those like me, trying to find a foothold onto this path?

Also, I've done a good bit of research on Demonolatry; but sadly there's not a lot of info out there asides from the OFS group. While I don't disagree with their opinions, it'd be nice to see what other sects believe.

Thanks in advance!

-----------------------
Anyone? Seems like no one's willing to help on any forums I visit.

Last edited:

Jacksnyte

Reverend
So I've been studying Traditional/Theistic Satanism for a few years. I'm a senior in highschool now, going through the college process and whatnot. I've done a bit of thinking; what my beliefs are, what my values/morals are, etc.
There's no doubt I hold Satan and the Demons in high regard, but I want to find out more on Satanism and how others practice it; as well as magick and what-have-you. I've been looking through books and came across this one on Amazon called: "Satanism: A Beginner's Guide to the Religious Worship of Satan and Demons, Vol. I: Philosophy" - (I can't post the link because I haven't fulfilled the posting requirements)

It seemed like an interesting read and something I should check out, so I read a bit of the sample Amazon had on the page. I know I won't agree with everything, but it looks decent enough that I'll get something out of it.What do you think? Are there any other books you'd recommend for those like me, trying to find a foothold onto this path?

Also, I've done a good bit of research on Demonolatry; but sadly there's not a lot of info out there asides from the OFS group. While I don't disagree with their opinions, it'd be nice to see what other sects believe.

Thanks in advance!

-----------------------
Have you been to Diane Vera's Theistic Satanism websites? I do recommend it. It is chock-full of information relating exactly what you seem to be looking for. She is also a member of these forums.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
Unfortunately, most of us are underground by choice as some of our practices are objectionable to the public at large (no, not sacrifices.. we don't even do those) But, my suggestion is read LaVey's material and see if you harmonize philosophically. If you don't then don't worry about the rest but if you do read something like _The Complete Book of Modern Demonolatry_ and see if that type of practice resonates with you. In a very practical sense I have nothing to do with OFS but their practices are very similar to mine. If it doesn't then you aren't a theist, which is ok.. took me about six years to become a theist or even admit it to myself that I was.

It's really just important to figure out your tolerances and limitations. Explore yourself, and the right religion comes automatically. The other sects that are online or in print generally rip off OFS, ONA, and Joy of Satan. I don't consider the last two very representative of most theistic Satanists. Diane Vera's site is another good place, but honestly it's sort of more oriented towards outsiders looking in. I found it much more helpful before I made the plunge. :0

Last edited:

Orias

Left Hand Path

Thanks in advance!

-----------------------
Anyone? Seems like no one's willing to help on any forums I visit.

Don't take any offense, but Satanism isn't something you learn from a book, nor is it an experience that one can teach you, it is already within you.

Yes, there may be good guides or philosophers such as Anton LaVey and Alistair Crowley, but these figures only assume their own status of what it is to be a follower of the "LHP", when really they are just a standard for what it is to be in Opposition of a faith. Sure, many people follow and agree with their ideals, but all Satanists alike develope their own sense of being.