• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Deism?

Ponder This

According to Wikipedia...
Deism
is the philosophical position and rationalistic theology that generally rejects revelation as a source of divine knowledge, and asserts that empirical reason and observation of the natural world are exclusively logical, reliable, and sufficient to determine the existence of a Supreme Being as the creator of the universe. More simply stated, Deism is the belief in the existence of God (often, but not necessarily, a God who does not intervene in the universe after creating it), solely based on rational thought without any reliance on revealed religions or religious authority. Deism emphasizes the concept of natural theology—that is, God's existence is revealed through nature.

What is deism?
About thirty years ago I across the term Deism and never heard the term mentioned by anyone. I won't bother giving the definition for it because others already have. Anyway, I found out that Thomas Paine was a deist. I read his book called "The Age of Reason". At the time, I was questioning god and religion. By further studying deism, it led me to other topics such as Agnosticism and Atheism. I am happily an atheist now.