• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Deism / Polytheism mix - 3 Rings Consciousness

nnmartin

This is my general belief system - like a cross between Deism and Polytheism.

God is called - The Eternal Source.

The Eternal Source creates the Universe - it sends orders throughout the Universe for it to function in the ordained manner (with the use of a immanent Force that is everywhere)

On Earth, the events are managed by The Earth Goddess - as with Pagan ideology.

There is no ability for humans to commune with The Source.

The Earth Goddess has some influence in your afterlife - this is a combination of paradise with the Goddess in her Garden followed by regeneration through a kind of Divine Pool of Purity.

The Goddess decides whether you have the paradise period or are just sent into the less pure areas of the Pool for instant regeneration.

There are other demi-Gods involved in the system.

So is this Deism , Polydeism , Deism + Theism or some other 'ism?

I call this belief system 3 Rings Consciousness though I guess it's nothing especially new.

any views?

Last edited:

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
No idea, but I like it.
How are the demi-Gods (I'm presuming you mean like polytheistic deities like Thor, Aphrodite, etc?) involved in the system? Do they answer prayers or anything?

nnmartin

I see the demi-Gods as more regional and personal.

I don't believe that they answer prayers as such but act as a kind of Higher Power - by associating with them through ritual, appreciation , prayer etc.. they keep you in tune with the Goddess and focused in your life.

The demi-God does not have to be Pagan - it could be from any religion.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
By regional and personal, do you mean that the gods rule over certain areas -- like Thor has an influence in the Germanic lands, Ganesha in India, Aphrodite in Greece -- and so on? Or have I misunderstood?

Do you see Allah, Yahweh, etc., as demi-Gods then? :)

Can you explain what the difference is between the Goddess and the Source, if anything, and what the Divine Pool of Purity is and what you believe it does?

nnmartin

By regional and personal, do you mean that the gods rule over certain areas -- like Thor has an influence in the Germanic lands, Ganesha in India, Aphrodite in Greece -- and so on? Or have I misunderstood?

I would say that, yes, the gods have geographical realms although the concept of space for them is different.

A person would be more likely to have a connection to a god that was associated with where they were from. Not to say this is essential though as people obviously relocate and some do not have fixed roots. I think whichever demi-God you identify with can become personal.

Do you see Allah, Yahweh, etc., as demi-Gods then? :)
No, but I would say Jesus could be a demi-God though (because he fits into the concept of a Higher Power)

Can you explain what the difference is between the Goddess and the Source, if anything, and what the Divine Pool of Purity is and what you believe it does?
The Source is the creator of the Universe (a deistic God) - the ultimate power.

The Goddess takes care of the Earth and the life forms on it. She is like a daughter to The Source.

The Divine Pool of Purity is where human, animal and plant 'souls' go into after death. Imagine the souls as droplets of water (size varies due to complexity of organism) - they enter the pool which releases new life essences when appropriate. This is done through the immanent Force. Depending on how one has lived their life their soul may enter the more pure levels of water so as to have a better chance in life next time around.

A period of paradise in the Garden of the Goddess is attainable for those with the belief and reverence for her during life. Then regeneration.

However, everyone gets regenerated regardless of belief or behaviour but they miss out on the period of paradise.

Last edited:

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Interesting. I can definitely see some Dharmic overlap there. Is that conscious or chance? Is there any way to avoid being regenerated, in your view? :)

nnmartin

I don't think that in your individual lifetime you can do anything but if you reach paradise with the Goddess you may in time spend longer periods there between 'lives'.

It may even be possible to become a demi-God yourself after eons of service to the Goddess or re-emerge as a life form elsewhere in the Universe.

nnmartin

You may become a demi-God and live on another plain of existence but not through a specific type of behaviour in your current life. Or you may be able to stay in the Garden indefinitely.

We don't know which life we are on though - you may already be on your 1,000th and your time for permanent residency in the Garden of the Goddess is awaiting you soon.:rainbow1:

Last edited:

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Sounds cool. Is there a way to "know" how close you are? Through meditation, Self-knowing, divination, tarot, spirit-guides, anything?

Hope you don't mind me asking questions. :D

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
This sounds more like a Polytheistic Heno/Deism? xD

As interesting as it was, I know deism can be polytheistic, but you added too much spiritual stuff in it, and I think Deists don't believe in anything without reason and do not believe in mystical experiences and stuff.

Deists typically reject supernatural events such as prophecy and miracles, tending instead to assert that a god (or "the Supreme Architect") does not alter the universe by intervening in it.

Last edited:

nnmartin

Sounds cool. Is there a way to "know" how close you are? Through meditation, Self-knowing, divination, tarot, spirit-guides, anything?

Hope you don't mind me asking questions. :D

I think the genuine strength of your belief tends to indicate how close you are.

If you practice the kinds of methods you mention and you genuinely believe them to be working then I think you are close.

The more questions the better!:)

Last edited:

nnmartin

This sounds more like a Polytheistic Heno/Deism? xD

As interesting as it was, I know deism can be polytheistic, but you added too much spiritual stuff in it, and I think Deists don't believe in anything without reason and do not believe in mystical experiences and stuff.

Yes, that's probably the case.

The Source is concerned with the Universe after construction as it sends orders through the Force to oversee certain aspects.

The Spiritual aspect is key to this belief system (ie: Earth Goddess, Group Consciousness, spiritual practices etc..) so I guess it would be more appropriate to call it Polytheism.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
I think the genuine strength of your belief tends to indicate how close you are.

If you practice the kinds of methods you mention and you genuinely believe them to be working then I think you are close.

The more questions the better!:)
Is there any way to know the thoughts/mind of the Goddess or Source?

nnmartin

With The Source I would say No - the Source is virtually Deistic and is more a creator and destroyer of the Universe.

As with The Earth Goddess I believe there is some kind of intuition you can have regarding what she thinks is appropriate.

If you were say to throw a load of used engine oil into a natural pond you would feel her displeasure in some way, perhaps become ill or depressed.

I see the Goddess more as figure to respect and revere but not really to commune with like Gods in other religions.

Giving you the awareness of her presence is one way she can commune with you , whether it be through walking in a natural forest or through using a crystal at home in an industrial inner-city area.

Last edited:

Satyamavejayanti

This is my general belief system - like a cross between Deism and Polytheism.

God is called - The Eternal Source.

The Eternal Source creates the Universe - it sends orders throughout the Universe for it to function in the ordained manner (with the use of a immanent Force that is everywhere)

On Earth, the events are managed by The Earth Goddess - as with Pagan ideology.

There is no ability for humans to commune with The Source.

The Earth Goddess has some influence in your afterlife - this is a combination of paradise with the Goddess in her Garden followed by regeneration through a kind of Divine Pool of Purity.

The Goddess decides whether you have the paradise period or are just sent into the less pure areas of the Pool for instant regeneration.

There are other demi-Gods involved in the system.

So is this Deism , Polydeism , Deism + Theism or some other 'ism?

I call this belief system 3 Rings Consciousness though I guess it's nothing especially new.

any views?

a bit confusing, but good concepts, at least no hell fire for the disbelievers.lol,
As for my view,

Soul (eternal never begining never ending, eternal entity, never created and will never die)

Prakriti ( matter, strings, atoms, more appropriately the raw material which makes this physical universe) same never created, never ending eternal.

OM, Ishvar, Brahman, Vishnu, God (and about a million trillion other names), same but managers souls and is the efficient cause of material (prakriti), also manages prakriti, helps souls to attain Moksha (freedom),

This entire Universe (Prakriti)

Undergoes continues construction and deconstruction, by Ishvar

Souls

Get placed according to their Karma (deeds) into differant bodies, situations and planets to do more Karma (deeds) to finally realize Ishvar and attain freedom from rebirth for a number of years, and then back to the same.

Ishvar

Never undergoes any change, Manages All, is Omnipresent, Omniscient, Omni Potent.

Your views

nnmartin

yes, there are some similarities.

what happens to the souls of people who have behaved badly in life? (murderers, corrupt leaders etc..)

Satyamavejayanti

yes, there are some similarities.

what happens to the souls of people who have behaved badly in life? (murderers, corrupt leaders etc..)

they get placed in a situational birth that will help them correct their wrong, but there is still the free will of the soul, so every souls chooses its path in life.