• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Death of bhraman and the fate of human souls

archangelance

Can anyone help me out here if human souls are eternal then what happens to them in the dissolution of the universe and the death of a Bhraman?

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
I'm not Dharmic, but I'm pretty sure they believe Brahman to be eternal...

archangelance

Hindu scriptures hold that Lord Vishnu, the protector and caretaker of all creation, sleeps in the middle of a vast ocean on the giant snake Sheshnaga. When the cycle begins, Lord Brahma is born out of the 'Anda', an allusion to the egg which is the origin of all life. This 'Anda' comes out of the navel of Lord Vishnu. The first sound of Lord Brahma is Om, the origin of all creation. At first the ultimate truth "Brahman" was their from whom came out Shiva without any birth or death. Vishnu is formed from the vaamanga of Shiva or the left body. Shiva is the extreme male power of the universe. He is the destroyer or annihilator of the universe. From him manifested the extreme female power of the universe Sati. Then the preserver of the universe Vishnu took three forms, Karnodakasayi visnu or Maha-Vishnu, Garbhodakasayivisnu and ksirodaksayi vishnu. Maha Visnu have several Garbhodakasayivishnus in the spiritual sky(The ocean of Karana). Each Garbhodakasayivishnu exhales and inhales and with each breath a Brahma is born who lives for 100 Brahma years and dies with the breath of Garbhodakasayi vishnu. Each Brahma creates a universe which comes to an end with partial annihilation after several Brahma years the annihilation of Garbhodakasayi vishnu takes place and at the last stage the dissolution of the whole karan sagar with Maha vishnu by Shiv with Tandav and this cycle again begins.This cycle of formation and annihilation is seen in Hinduism.

Storm

ThrUU the Looking Glass
Hindu scriptures hold that Lord Vishnu, the protector and caretaker of all creation, sleeps in the middle of a vast ocean on the giant snake Sheshnaga. When the cycle begins, Lord Brahma is born out of the 'Anda', an allusion to the egg which is the origin of all life. This 'Anda' comes out of the navel of Lord Vishnu. The first sound of Lord Brahma is Om, the origin of all creation. At first the ultimate truth "Brahman" was their from whom came out Shiva without any birth or death. Vishnu is formed from the vaamanga of Shiva or the left body. Shiva is the extreme male power of the universe. He is the destroyer or annihilator of the universe. From him manifested the extreme female power of the universe Sati. Then the preserver of the universe Vishnu took three forms, Karnodakasayi visnu or Maha-Vishnu, Garbhodakasayivisnu and ksirodaksayi vishnu. Maha Visnu have several Garbhodakasayivishnus in the spiritual sky(The ocean of Karana). Each Garbhodakasayivishnu exhales and inhales and with each breath a Brahma is born who lives for 100 Brahma years and dies with the breath of Garbhodakasayi vishnu. Each Brahma creates a universe which comes to an end with partial annihilation after several Brahma years the annihilation of Garbhodakasayi vishnu takes place and at the last stage the dissolution of the whole karan sagar with Maha vishnu by Shiv with Tandav and this cycle again begins.This cycle of formation and annihilation is seen in Hinduism.
Yes, but Brahman transcends manifestations and the cycle.

Anyway, I'll wait for an actual Hindu to weigh in....

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Can anyone help me out here if human souls are eternal then what happens to them in the dissolution of the universe and the death of a Bhraman?

I'll answer from the POV of my version of Hindusim, which may well be quite different from another's version, as Hinduism is so incredibly vast with so many schools.

Firstly, its Brahman, but I get it. There is no final dissolution. It starts all over again and continues in endless cycles likened to Siva's breaths. The individual soul itself is not eternal. Its essence, often termed the Self, is eternal because it is of identical vibration to Brahman. So when moksha occurs, this essence merges back into Brahman, just like water into water, once separate, now in union with.

archangelance

so say moksha occurs and we become one with the creator again and the entire cycle of the universe starts over, in the same way we were created from this "ocean" in this time can we at some point in another universe be "recycled" again maybe not the very next one but a maybe a few billion cycles ahead?

Riverwolf

Amateur Rambler / Proud Ergi
Premium Member

Keep in mind, that's just one of many creation stories in Hinduism.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
so say moksha occurs and we become one with the creator again and the entire cycle of the universe starts over, in the same way we were created from this "ocean" in this time can we at some point in another universe be "recycled" again maybe not the very next one but a maybe a few billion cycles ahead?

No. The concept of 'we' as per an individual ego ceases to exist each time. So the pieces that break off next time would be different 'we's' .

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Keep in mind, that's just one of many creation stories in Hinduism.

So true. I'd never heard of that one. The guys who don't get the vastness within SD th e most is the people within SD itself, but I understand village mentality very well. its just a normal function of the mind.. you are what you experience. But I doubt if archangellance is a Dharmic religion follower at all, with a name like that. :)

archangelance

lol the name means nothing im just a person searching for truth and I study and believe in the bhagavadgita so place me where you want.

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
lol the name means nothing im just a person searching for truth and I study and believe in the bhagavadgita so place me where you want.

I was just going by the term archangel as there is n such equivalent in SD. Not all Hindus study or put tremendous faith in the Bhadavat Gita either. It has come to symbolise the book that westerners first read, and that only in the last 200 years or so. Its primarily a Vaishnava scripture, although many acknowledge its greatness within SD. It is the Vedas and Agamas that are common to all.