• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Death is an Illusion of change

Ostronomos

Because unconsciousness is a paradox. Consciousness is collective so in order to die there must be a parallel reality in which the consciousness must live to see its own death. Thus the physical body is not "your own". You are the consciousness in which the physical bodies appear. And so death of the physical body is not a death at all. And so immortality must be real because Schrodinger said so and because at best it has been known by enlightened masters such as Ramana Maharishi that which is the death of the physical body cannot be the death of you. And so one can be immortal. You are perceiving by creating reality. You are the universe creating itself by observing itself. The physical body and matter appears to you (where physical laws act as restrictions on state from the nothing of which things are) and it is created by your conscious viewing and perceiving.

Here is my impression of all atheists including Evangelicalhumanist: uh duh, perception is a stupid thing that's random eh?

Koldo

Outstanding Member
Honestly, I've come to assume that consciousness is deathless, given that linear time is fundamentally an illusion. If all perceptions are relative to the consciousness that perceives it, how could it be any other way?

Reality is not grounded on perception.

Koldo

Outstanding Member
What faculty are you using to assess reality, if it's not through your perceptions? Even if what you say is true, how could you possibly validate it?

It is axiomatic, because if it is not true then who am I talking to in the first place? To myself? Should I declare you a figment of my imagination?

TurkeyOnRye

It is axiomatic, because if it is not true then who am I talking to in the first place? To myself? Should I declare you a figment of my imagination?
Are you saying your belief that I'm real is a matter of faith?

Do you think I'm real or do you know that I'm real? Yes, you do know. So, how do you know?