• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dealing with "Sign People"

Comicaze247

See the previous line
"Sign People" are the name I have for those people who stand on a soapbox, yelling at everyone who passes by, telling them to repent or convert, lest they go to Hell or wherever their faith says non-believers go.

I'm sure the majority of us have encountered them, so I'd like to hear how others deal with them.

I no longer argue with them, as I've found that it's like trying to talk to a parrot.

There is a group of preachers that stand outside my work every Friday, preaching to everyone in the plaza (there's a movie theater there, so it's always crowded on the weekends). My co-worker is also annoyed with them, so he and I thought of a way to deal with them.

He will dress up as Darth Vader, and I will dress up as a devil, wearing a "Jesus Loves Me" shirt. We will be standing on the other side of the plaza, holding up signs of our own. I will be giving out cookies, and holding up a sign that says "One cookie = One soul." He'll be holding up a sign saying "Come to the dark side. We have cookies."
Then once we get tired, we're going to dance to a "Rickroll-Peanut Butter Jelly Time" mix that I'll be putting together. We'll do this as we pass by them to our cars, doing the electric slide to the Rickroll part, and of course, the Peanut Butter Jelly Time dance. We have another co-worker who might be willing to wear a banana costume.
We will be youtub-ing this.

Basically, our message to them will be: We make about as much sense as you do.

So how do you deal with them?

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
As long as we're carrying a camera, my wife and I take turns taking pictures of each other in funny poses in front, or next to them - as though they're some of kind of bizarre novelty. Which, when you think about it, they pretty much are.

The funny thing is, not one of them has ever actually said anything in response to this.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Them: "Jesus died for your sins"!!!

Me: "That was nice of him but I think he overreacted".