• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dark Waters film : Teflon poison 99% of Americans

JIMMY12345

I was just watching a great film.Dark Waters is a few years old.It shows how a major chemical company in the USA dumped FOAA in the water.Whats FOAA? search me apparently in the film its lots of carbon chains linked together with fluorine attached.Its is linked to cancers and birth defects.
Apparently it is in 99% of Americans as well as world wide in minute quantities.It has been replaced.They are not sure if the replacement might be worse.
The affected opted for long term medical trials in favour of monetary pay outs.
The film shows how the company tried a massive cover up operation and did not care about its employees.Its influence was so pernicious it was advising the Environmental Protection agency with made up figures of safe dilutions in the water supply.Teflon itself might be safe but associated products questionable.

8/10 Rating

Wandering Monk

I was just watching a great film.Dark Waters is a few years old.It shows how a major chemical company in the USA dumped FOAA in the water.Whats FOAA? search me apparently in the film its lots of carbon chains linked together with fluorine attached.Its is linked to cancers and birth defects.
Apparently it is in 99% of Americans as well as world wide in minute quantities.It has been replaced.They are not sure if the replacement might be worse.
The affected opted for long term medical trials in favour of monetary pay outs.
The film shows how the company tried a massive cover up operation and did not care about its employees.Its influence was so pernicious it was advising the Environmental Protection agency with made up figures of safe dilutions in the water supply.Teflon itself might be safe but associated products questionable.

8/10 Rating

Though the majority of "Dark Waters" was faithful to the true story, some moments were dramatized to make the narrative more clear and add some excitement to the plot. Slate compared Rich's article, Bilott's memoir about the case, and the other journalistic pieces about the DuPont scandal to determine how much of the movie was embellished. While much of the film is extremely accurate, Slate determined that several things were invented for the plot: the DuPont executive Phil Donnelly (Victor Garber) wasn't a real person, and neither was the scene where he said derogatory remarks to Bilott; there's no proof that evidence went missing from Tennant's property; and Bilott's boss Tom Terp (Tim Robbins) apparently didn't threaten Bilott for revealing his findings to the Environmental Protection Agency.
Read More: How Accurate Is Dark Waters? - Looper

JIMMY12345

Though the majority of "Dark Waters" was faithful to the true story, some moments were dramatized to make the narrative more clear and add some excitement to the plot. Slate compared Rich's article, Bilott's memoir about the case, and the other journalistic pieces about the DuPont scandal to determine how much of the movie was embellished. While much of the film is extremely accurate, Slate determined that several things were invented for the plot: the DuPont executive Phil Donnelly (Victor Garber) wasn't a real person, and neither was the scene where he said derogatory remarks to Bilott; there's no proof that evidence went missing from Tennant's property; and Bilott's boss Tom Terp (Tim Robbins) apparently didn't threaten Bilott for revealing his findings to the Environmental Protection Agency.
Read More: How Accurate Is Dark Waters? - Looper
Thanks to Wandering Monk for the comment. Its like the film Silkwood with Meryl Streep. People need the jobs as no other industry may exist locally. It raises hackles if jobs are under threat.
Incidentally flouride is safe but dentists advise not to put a line on your tooth brush but use 0.25 of a line as tooth paste is very efficent at cleaning. Note brushing to hard can damage enamel.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The greater problem I see is the spreading ubiquity
of plastics & micro-plastics in our environment.
We're only beginning to understand the deleterious
effects of such pollution. It's everywhere.
I recycle, minimize packaging, etc, but this won't
stem the tide. We need a revolution in materials
usage & packaging. But I'll settle for an evolution.