• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Dark side of spiritual awakening

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Hope you are all well & enjoying your time here on the forum.

Here's an article I found almost by "accident".

Some of you may enjoy reading it and it may like me prompt you to consider certain things in a different light ...

A little taste -

Spiritual teachers speak of awakening to the light, but how many speak of awakening to the darkness, to the grim, bleak, utter vile parts of us that shudder at the thought of being seen? It seems so simple to point skyward and say “Transcend!” It seems so clean to rise above it all, to just meditate, do your chants and say your prayers; to drink your green smoothies, say your affirmations, wear your crystals, and live the life of your dreams. It seems so wonderful to be spiritually correct, nice and nice, with a sanguine look on life.

But in my experience something far more raw and real is needed from us. Something much more gritty, messy, honest and courageous is required if we are to find the light.

I have found few, certainly mainstream teachers, who speak of this and do so without sugar coating. Many shamans point the way, as do certain spiritual teachers who have lived through the muck of human existence. But it seems a great deal of teachers give the impression that you can reach the light without going down into your anger, shame, the ugly, painful parts you have long run from and denied. To feel them in full, to scream, purge and shake them from your nervous system. So many teachers speak in such a glossy, new age, live-your-dreams sort of way as to infer that the dark underbelly of consciousness can be bypassed quickly and easily.

For the full article - click here -

Awakening to Darkness ~ Feeling Below the Threshold of Pseudo Spirituality and Light Chasing - Vince Gowmon

Wishing you all the best!