• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Daniel 9 and Rabbi Yose Halaphta

How Daniel 9 works with the Sabbatical Year
PowerPoint to Illustrate this Post.
http://www.torahtimes.org/PowerPoint/Daniel_9_Halaphta.ppt

Hi all,

Did you know that the late first century A.D. Rabbis deliberately sabotaged biblical chronology so that no one would be able to figure out Daniel 9 correctly? And they did that because if you correctly compute the chronology it leads to one firm conclusion: Yeshua is the Messiah. Then the Proto-Catholic Church jumped in and aided and abetted them in the sabotage to varying degrees because biblical chronology tends to highlight the Torah and Prophets, and NOooooo, the Church did not want to go there --- especially Marcion the Gnostic who was a very popular Christian speaker and writer about that time, who decided that only the Gospel of Luke and Paul's letters were canonical
Let's start with the more grievous error first. Rabbi Halaphta is the author of the Jewish Chronicle Seder Olam, which is part of the Talmud and was first written around A.D. 140. He computed Daniel 9 so that the time between the destruction of Solomon's Temple and the second Temple in A.D. 70 would be 490 years. If he could make it fit that way, then Daniel 9 couldn't be used for Yeshua, and that's what the Rabbis believe to this day.
In order to pull off this stunt, Rabbi Halaphta had to sabotage the bible and history:

1. He deleted a year at the beginning of the world, and was copied by Christian Chronologists including Ussher. Anytime someone tells you the flood was in the year 1656 of the world, you are witness to this error. The right answer is 1657 for the simple reason that Adam was not age-1 until the end of his first year. That's step 1 to messing up the sabbatical and Jubilee cycles. It is all as bad as changing the days of the week so that you number them 0 to 6. Say bye bye to proper Sabbath cycles.

2. Then the Rabbi said that Abraham was born when Terah was 70 years old. Ussher had it correct. Abraham was born when Terah was 130 because Abraham was 75 when Terah died at 205. I won't go into the proof yet, since Ussher already proved it. This is just a bill of particulars or indictment.

3. Those were the only two errors made by Halaphta -- so far. But it was sufficient to do the following damage:

a. The seven years of plenty and seven years of famine no longer line up with the sabbatical cycle.
b. The year of Jubilee no longer lines up with the end of the seventh year of famine as is implied.
c. The cycle does not begin counting when Israel enters the land of Canaan, like it was supposed to.

4. The next mistake made by Halaphta was in the Judges, a mistake followed by not a small number of Christian Chronologists. Halaphta overlapped the servitudes in the years assigned to the Judges, even though Judges says the "land had rest" (Jud. 3:11; 3:30; 5:31; 8:28). Josephus bears witness against him. I won't elaborate here, but this further exacerbated the following consequences:

a. Saul blew the trumpet in his 2nd year and this is a Jubilee when the "mistake" is not made.
b. David took the ark to Jerusalem with Shofar, Teruah, so this was also a Jubilee further erased by "mistake".

5. In the Kings, the Rabbi trims Ezekiel's 390 years by about 22 years.

a. Hezekiah's 16th now fails to line up with the Jubilee like Isaiah implied.
b. The destruction of Nineveh does not line up with the Jubilee like Isaiah implied.

6. Finally, we get to the Persian period where God consents to date events in terms of secular history, no doubt because it was good enough for dating. But Halaphta deletes 162 years from the history of Persia to make his 490 years work.

7. When Halaphta is done, biblical chronology is a smoking sabotaged ruin, and this is the Chronology that orthodox Jews are supposed to hold to. Here is what God says about this, "The princes of Judah were like them that remove the bound: therefore I will pour out my wrath upon them like water" (Hosea 5:10). Judah removed the marker, and Israel fell into the pit.

There was one thing Rabbi Halaphta could not do, however, and that was erase the knowledge of the time of the Jubilee and the Sabbatical Year during his life that was still in recent memory from the Second commonwealth of Israel. Now the second Temple was destroyed in A.D. 70, however Rabbinical Jews did not keep track of things in terms of Roman dates in those days. And apparently they didn't pay too close attention to Halaphta's placing of the destruction of the city in A.D. 69, because that is just what he did—in order to make the destruction of the city come out in the first year of a new sabbatical cycle. That way, he could have a complete 490 years or 70 sabbath cycles (7 x 70) to cover the period from the destruction of the first Temple to the destruction of the second.
So when is the sabbatical year? It was Tishri 1 A.D. 67 to Tishri -1, A.D. 68. And Halaphta misdated the fall of Jerusalem the next summer in A.D. 69 so that the destruction would fit his theory. (I've translated Halaphta's Seleucid dating into Roman dates for you, because that's what they used then—the Greek era.)
Of course this is lost on a lot of Modern Jews, because they do not realize that Moses Maimonides fixed Halaphta's error in the 11th century. The Rambam shifted the destruction of the Temple to the proper "Christian" date of A.D. 70. Of course, not all of the Jews agreed with him, but that is what he did. Guess what happened to the sabbatical cycle when Maimonides did that? Yep, you got it. It shifted one year forward to keep Halaphta's explanation of Daniel 9 from falling apart. The Jewish community did not notice, having long forgotten when the seventh year was supposed to be. So that's what the received tradition is now, an 11th century "correction" that doesn't work right.
Yes, Halaphta took the correct Sabbath year in his day, built a false interpretation of Daniel 9 around it and then created Seder Olam to shorten the history of Persia by 162 years. Then he corrupted biblical chronology before that time also so that his tracks would be covered (i.e. the lack of synchronicity in the cycle).

So let's figure out Daniel 9:24-26 shall we? Around the time of the crucifixion the Sabbath year fell Tishri 1, A.D. 32 to Tishri -1 A.D. 33. The previous seven year cycle ended with the sabbath year Tishri 1, A.D. 25 to Tishri-1, A.D. 26.

Like this:

A.D. 26--S
A.D. 27--Was it here?
A.D. 28--
A.D. 29--
A.D. 30--
A.D. 31--
A.D. 32--
A.D. 33--S
A.D. 34--Or here?

Daniel 9:25-26 says, "25 "Know and understand this: From the issuing of the decree to restore and rebuild Jerusalem until the Anointed One, the ruler, comes, there will be seven 'sevens,' and sixty-two 'sevens.' It will be rebuilt with streets and a trench, but in times of trouble. 26 After the sixty-two 'sevens,' the Anointed One will be cut off and will have nothing. The people of the ruler who will come will destroy the city and the sanctuary. The end will come like a flood: War will continue until the end, and desolations have been decreed." (New International Version).

It says "After the sixty-two 'sevens,' the Anointed One will be cut off". So we must seek a time that is right after a Sabbatical year. Halaphta had the right idea in putting the destruction after a sabbatical year, except the text isn't speaking about the anointed temple. It speaks about Messiah, who is the "Anointed One". So that gives us two choices for the crucifixion, A.D. 27 and A.D. 34. The former year is impossible, the earliest reasonable date being A.D. 30. So the correct year is A.D. 34.
What can we say about A.D. 34? First off, one of the world's greatest mathematicians and scientists picked this year as the correct year, Sir Isaac Newton. When the question of the year was taken up by the Jewish Scholar Solomon Zeitlin, he also settled on A.D. 34. In Newton's century, they thought Friday was possible in A.D. 34. Now we know that only Wednesday and Thursday crucifixion days are possible with the former being favored by the monthly intercalation.
Now, let us backtrack to the first sabbatical year of the "seventy sevens". Where will this fall? It falls like this:

B.C. 445--
B.C. 444--S--#1--Jerusalem rebuilt by Nehemiah
B.C. 443--

A.D. 33--S--#69
A.D. 34--The Crucifixion was here

So there you have it, Daniel 9 exactly calculated showing that Yeshua is the Messiah.

I'd be happy to discuss this further here​

Well if you take all of the biblical chronology into consideration on my website, about 30 years, but it would be hard to say how long for any one aspect of it, which is what you are looking at here. Finding the answer is hard. Proving the answer to others is relatively easy -- if they are willing to listen (a big if given the fact that hearts are hardening very fast in this age) and work a little bit.

Daniel

moonglow

Well if you take all of the biblical chronology into consideration on my website, about 30 years, but it would be hard to say how long for any one aspect of it, which is what you are looking at here. Finding the answer is hard. Proving the answer to others is relatively easy -- if they are willing to listen (a big if given the fact that hearts are hardening very fast in this age) and work a little bit.

Daniel

Well I just wanted to say that I do understand your passion for all this information but can you please explian to me what all of this has to do with, if any, with ones salvation?

The Church has really screwed up Daniel 9, the greatest propehcy for showing that Yeshua (Jesus) is the Messiah. Now if someone finds that it is screwed up then they may not be saved. OR if someone does not see this wonderful proof, then they may not believe and be saved.

Does that have enough to do with salvation for you?

Daniel

Zardoz

Wonderful Wizard
Premium Member
Everyone responds to different things, no one 'proof' is final.

*edit*

Last edited by a moderator:

ThruthSeeker

What can we say about A.D. 34? First off, one of the world's greatest mathematicians and scientists picked this year as the correct year, Sir Isaac Newton. When the question of the year was taken up by the Jewish Scholar Solomon Zeitlin, he also settled on A.D. 34. In Newton's century, they thought Friday was possible in A.D. 34. Now we know that only Wednesday and Thursday crucifixion days are possible with the former being favored by the monthly intercalation.

Hi great post!
I don't understand your conclusion that AD 34 is the crucifixion date because on that year the passover was before wednesday.
But scripture seems to indicate that Jesus died before Passover.
Below some verses to support my claim. The blue parts are my alteration to clarify. Not the change Scripture!
Looking forward to your opinion reply!

Timeline Mark​
  1. Mark 14:1 After two days was the feast of the passover (=Sabbath), and of unleavened bread ....

[*]Mark 14:16
    And his disciples went forth, and came into the city, and found as he had said unto them: and they made ready thepassover
    . (=Sabbath)

[*]Mark 14:17
    And in the evening he cometh with the twelve.

[*]Mark 15:42
    And now when the even was come, because it was the preparation, that is, the day before the
    passover Sabbath

[*]Jesus is arrested, Tortured. Crucified and dies

[*]Mark 16:1
    And when the Sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James, and Salome, had bought sweet spices, that they might come and anoint him.

[*]Mark 16:2
    And very early in the morning the first day
    (sunday) of the week, they came unto the sepulchre at the rising of the sun.

Timeline Luke​
  1. Luke 22:1
  1. Now the feast of unleavened bread drew nigh, which is called the Passover.
  1. (=Sabbath)

[*]Luke 23:54
    And that day was the preparation, and the sabbath drew on.

[*]Luke 23:55
    And the women also, which came with him from Galilee, followed after, and beheld the sepulchre, and how his body was laid.

[*]Luke 23:56
    And they returned, and prepared spices and ointments; and rested the sabbath day according to the commandment.

[*]Luke 24:1
    Now upon the first day
    (sunday) of the week, very early in the morning, they came unto the sepulchre, bringing the spices which they had prepared, ....
Saturday Sabbath ends at sunset. Unlikely that the shops opened at sunset so that the women could buy then.
But spices could been bought after the Passover Sabbath.​

Combined timeline
John 12:1​
Then Jesus six days before the passover​
(=Sabbath) came to Bethany, where Lazarus was which had been dead, whom he raised from the dead.

Mark 14:16​
And his disciples went forth, and came into the city, and found as he had said unto them: and they made ready the​
passover. (=Sabbath)

Mark 14:12​
And the first day of unleavened bread, when they killed the passover​
(=Sabbath), his disciples said unto him...

Mark 15:42​
And now when the​
Wednesday even was come, because it was the preparation, that is, the day before the Passover sabbath on Thursday.

Mark 16:1​
And when the​
Passover sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James, and Salome, had bought sweet spices on Friday

Luke 23:56​
....​
and prepared spices and ointments they just bought; and rested the Saturday sabbath day according to the commandment.

Mark 16:2 And very early in the morning the first day of the week
(Sunday), they came unto the sepulchre at the rising of the sun. (Feast of First Fruits)

ThruthSeeker

Couldn't add this to my previous message because it was to long.

Summary the way I understand it:
Jesus dies late afternoon before passover (= also a Sabbath day) => Wednesday
Passover rest is observed => Thursday
Spices are prepared => Friday
Sabbath rest observed => Saturday
Arrived by the tomb => Sunday

ThruthSeeker

The start of the year has shifted from spring to fall.
If that's accidental or on purpose I don't know so lets say I'm neutral on that point.
That timeshift can have consequenses in case a Sabbath or Jubilee year is mentioned.
If a Sabbath year is 'missed' by a few month then the timeline gets messed up by 7 years.
And that can have concequences for prophesies.

Whatever your idea of the above I think good study is always a good thing.
yahweh.org/yahweh2.html
At the end of the page a freely downloadble 445 page e-book on the subject.

SabbathRessurection01.jpg

O.K. You are asking about the Passion. This is related to the other end of the Daniel Timeline. The diagram will summarize a great many points. In AD 34 the 14th of Nisan (Aviv) was on March 24, a Wednesday, exactly as Finegan's Hanbook of Biblical Chrononolgy has it.

The shift of the year from spring to fall took place upon the Entry of Israel into the land, when they began to observe Sabbath cycles. There is nothing nefarious about it.

The main place we differ is that the women went to the tomb on the Sabbath:

μια των σαββατων = first of the Sabbaths (see Lev. 23:15). It does not mean "first day of the week".

MESSIANIC114

The messiah is definately tied to a time, the prophecy of daniel is it in detail. Isaiah tells us that before she travails she brought forth which the rabbis taught meant the messaih would come (brought forth) before the destruction of the temple (she travailed) right in line with the prophecy of daniel. In addition the promise of zechariah that the glory of the second temple would be greater than the first was taught to mean the messiah would enter that temple, as did the lord will come suddenly to his temple. This was a 2nd temple prophecy, which was also fulfilled by yeshua. You can read in the talmud the lament of the rabbis when the 2nd temple was destroyed because the messiah was to come to that temple. They explain this "because of our sins he didn't come" verifying the time of his arrival yet delaying it because of israel' s sins. By the mouth of two witnesses shall a matter be established and we have here the testimony of many prophets.

Zardoz

Wonderful Wizard
Premium Member
Very interesting and will take alot to digest. Where can i get more info on this from your website?

Shalom

Greetings!

I'm afraid you won't see any response from Daniel, he hasn't posted here since April, AFAIK. I'm just about the only M.J. who actively posts here on RF. By the way, welcome to RF and be sure to read the forum rules and make an intro post over in the newbie forum!

Shalom