• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Daily Jewish Wisdom

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
It is not a virtue to refrain from hurting others, but it is a virtue to bear a hurt patiently.

- Ibn Gabirol, Mibhar HaPeninim

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
The mind of each is different from that of the other, just as the face of each is different from that of the other.

- Babylonian Talmud, Berakhot 58a

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
All my days I have been raised among the Sages, and I found nothing better for oneself than silence; not study, but practice is the main thing; and one who talks excessively brings on sin.

- Shimon ben Rabban Gamliel, Pirkei Avot 1:17

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
When you are annoyed by something you could not avoid, don't aggravate it by useless worry.

- Mendel Lefin, Heshbon HaNefesh

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
In a war of self-defense [literally, an obligatory war] all go out to do battle, even a groom from his room, and the bride from under the wedding canopy.

- Mishna, Sotah 8:7

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
Pray for the welfare of the government, for were it not for the fear of it, people would swallow each other alive.

- Pirkei Avot 3:2

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
One who says, "Let good people [and only good people] bless You," is considered to have spoken heresy.

- Mishna Megillah 4:9

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
Include friend and foe in your petitions, for how can one ask God for blessings which he does not want others to have?

- Orhot Tzaddikim

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
A heavenly voice proves nothing. The law of Sinai commands us to "decide according to the majority."

- Joshua b. Nanania, Talmud: Bab Metzia 59b

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
The meek attract the Shekina, the proud...drive it away.

- Mekilta, based on the work of Ishmael b. Elisha