• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

DA vinci CODE is True?

kalkan

did you read da vinci code
but this book very interesting for christians
because of it said Jesus is a Prophet and his son alive now ????
and also this book maybe stupid but it is very very incredible abouut the Christians
what do you think about it ????,,

Scott1

The DaVinci code is a work of fiction.... it has no more relevance to theology than Star Wars.

anami

kalkan said:
did you read da vinci code
but this book very interesting for christians
because of it said Jesus is a Prophet and his son alive now ????
and also this book maybe stupid but it is very very incredible abouut the Christians
what do you think about it ????,,

Some false some true, Star wars has a note of truth behind it too.

Who says the decendant would be a boy?

Scott1

anami said:
All boys.
What the heck are you talking about?

On second thought... if you believe Star Wars to have a "note of truth" I don't think I want to know.:eek:

anami

SOGFPP said:
What the heck are you talking about?

On second thought... if you believe Star Wars to have a "note of truth" I don't think I want to know.:eek:

i changed my statement to all boys, because there would have been many decendants of Jesus and not all of them boys.

i say Star Wars bears a note of truth because "force theory" was an interpretation of early quantum theory.

kalkan

anami said:
Some false some true, Star wars has a note of truth behind it too.

Who says the decendant would be a boy?
oo hi Mr. Krishna ok
I dont believe this book because this book for my belief that it is false
but either true it ?

anami

kalkan said:
I dont believe this book because this book for my belief that it is false
but either true it ?

Ok. Study quantum physics and change your mind, maybe. Or don't.

i know it to be a fun fictional renition of the truth. hmmmm, who does the evil empire represent. Is it the "death star" they are building that raises gas prices so high?

Is the force really with you!?

To tell you the truth, i don't see why it isnt possible for Jesus to have married, and yes now im expecting a barrage of biblical verses. . . but i don't see why he wouldnt.

jewscout

Religious Zionist
iaminterface said:
To tell you the truth, i don't see why it isnt possible for Jesus to have married, and yes now im expecting a barrage of biblical verses. . . but i don't see why he wouldnt.
nor do i but the question is..did he move to europe and is his blood line now part of the royal families of europe?????
i think not...

Pah

Uber all member
This thread has reached a form of debate and it really has nothing to do with the Catholic Church per se. I'm moving it to Religious Debates

anami

jimbob said:
I couldn't beleive what i read. I kinda had to laugh at the immense fictional plot.

Good the fictional plot is, well, fictional. You'd be crazy if you thought it were real. The point BEYOND the plot is what i am referring to.

Tawn

Entirely plausible and worth investigation.. but alas, a fictional book is not a great source for historically or scientifically accurate information.
There author claims there is truth to it.. im confident there is at least a measure of truth.. but again, needs verification. Read some of the factual follow up books for that.

SK2005

Saint in training
Tawn said:
Is that because you:
a) know for a fact it isnt.
b) Have faith it isnt.
c) Dont want it to be true.
d) Have some logical approach that renders it implausible.

???? :)
Probably all of the above....:)

I haven't read things like that in the bible and it just doesn't seem possilbe to me. I have a book written by some Catholic dude explaining things, I'll try and find it and explain more.

:)

Druidus

Keeper of the Grove
Good post, Tawn. I believe that most people are unwilling to allow even the possibility of truth in something they dislike to exist.

I believe that it is quite possible for Jesus to have married and had a child. Nothing says he didn't, and it was a perfectly normal thing to do at the time.

What many people fail to realize is how much was actually destroyed during the Nicene Councils. Whole books of the bible were destroyed. We're not talking about a passage or two, but whole chunks. It's no longer what it once was. In fact, I could give you several passages of the bible that refer to non-existent books.

Is it not possible that in one of these books, Jesus' marriage and subsequent conception of his offspring was detailed?