• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Custom-Tailored Workout Routines

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
I never wrote that anyone should resign themselves to unnecessary pain nor lifestyle restrictions. So, frankly, I don't understand how you misunderstood what I wrote to believe that. For myself I am in exemplary health and don't recognize any lifestyle restrictions. Health is a continuum. At any point in life one can be anywhere on that spectrum. Lifestyle choices can change where we are on the spectrum for the better or worse.

You said:

I suggest swimming or other low skeletal impact activities.

This is outdated advice, and actually counter-productive. Of course no one who is unprepared should just jump into doing high impact activities, but almost everyone - at every age - should be working towards doing high impact activities. These activities are pretty much the only way to stop losses in bone density.

Shaul

Premium Member
You said:

This is outdated advice, and actually counter-productive. Of course no one who is unprepared should just jump into doing high impact activities, but almost everyone - at every age - should be working towards doing high impact activities. These activities are pretty much the only way to stop losses in bone density.
That was my advice to the OP based on the limited information provided. That advice isn't outdated nor counter-productive. I never wrote that was a universal recommendation. By misunderstanding and misrepresenting what I wrote you are putting words into my mouth.