• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Cruz: White House 'in bed' with Facebook, Big Tech over COVID misinformation

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
What's ironic is people putting their faith and trust into what big pharma says in regards to their products.
That amazes me too, Big Pharma I distrust even more than Big Tech. When so much money is involved and it's proven they earned it by misery (covid) of others all alarm bells start to ring in me

stvdv

In this case, I agree with Cruz.
He must be right, since he's a super genius.
Ref...
Seems he is a $genius$ or Americans are fools giving him all that $power$ (US Senator Texas), and all that $money$ to share lies, and so many believing in him. Tax payers money (so all Americans donate to him:confused:)

He went to Harvard, seems they don't teach morals and stuff there, just how to fool and prey on the gullible fools. Or he is a genius who figured that part out himself.

Note: This stuff also happens in Holland
Rafael Edward Cruz is an American politician and attorney serving as the junior United States Senator for Texas since 2013. A member of the Republican Party, Cruz served as Solicitor General of Texas from 2003 to 2008

stvdv

Cruz isn't a reliable speaker on the subject.
He studied at Harvard (knows enough), he is a liar lawyer, Texans choose him as their Senator.

I guess he knows the truth about Big Tech. After all that should not be too difficult to figure out. What you say would mean that he is a Big Liar (makes sense, as my Master always said "Lawyers are Liars" [from worldly POV of course]).

Big Pharma, Big Tech, Big Liars (e.g. lawyers) are all in bed with each other

If you figured that out, how come the White House did not figure this out, and more importantly why the W.H does not act on this?

Only one conclusion IMO, the white house also have a few "Ted cruz" look a likes, covering for this Texan Ted Cruz. That is even worse. They go to great length to put small, compared to Ted Cruz innocent, people in jail, but the Big Fish, like Ted Cruz, is given a free pass and even a position as Senator (lots of tax payers money goes there)

So, who is the real bad guy here, Ted Cruz or the ones allowing him? But, like my Master said "if God had to kill all Adharmic people none would be spared". So, just another example of Kali Yuga.

stvdv

he doesn’t have the capacity to offer truth
He has (he went to Harvard, I'm sure he can offer truth), but it pays less, or he just does what his Boss tells him to do. After all if he were a criminal, Big Boss would have put him in jail, so he must be relatively innocent, one might think (or Big Boss facilitates all of this; allowing him to be a Senator and stuff).

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
@stvdv - I'll probably get some heat on this forum for saying this, but Ted Cruz may have at one point been a somewhat okay person, and more of a freethinker. Then Trump came along, developed the art of crafting lies as part of politics, and Ted Cruz became one of Trump's 50-100 or so right-hand men. Now, if Ted Cruz were to say something that wasn't a distortion of the truth, I'd be surprised. But he has mastered the art of telling lies, ones which he probably doesn't believe himself, for political gain.

stvdv

Not when you can read what is said about big pharma prior to covid.

Now suddenly as if by some miracle, it's all honest and on the level right?

Don't forget that the money still changes hands, that has not changed one bit.
True
I can see plenty before AND during Covid
Criminals don't change over night

I have followed the Covid-19 pandemic from the beginning, and the above smells of right wing conspiracies.
Yours could be the conspiracy (false)

@Twilight Hue his reply is spot on

stvdv

@stvdv - I'll probably get some heat on this forum for saying this, but Ted Cruz may have at one point been a somewhat okay person, and more of a freethinker. Then Trump came along, developed the art of crafting lies as part of politics, and Ted Cruz became one of Trump's 50-100 or so right-hand men. Now, if Ted Cruz were to say something that wasn't a distortion of the truth, I'd be surprised. But he has mastered the art of telling lies, ones which he probably doesn't believe himself, for political gain.
Thank you. I don't know Ted Cruz at all (this youtube was the first I remember seeing of him.

What you say makes sense to me in this context (him being a free thinker and somewhat okay BT[Before Trump]).

And everyone makes mistakes. Our Prime Minister lied quite a bit, and has to say sorry (which he doesn't like). US President lied quite a bit I know now. Politician and Lawyers do it too. Sadly those in charge seem to lie quite a lot.

I know Ted Cruz is spot on with "White House lies in bed with Big Tech". He might be lying/wrong about other things, but not about this one,

stvdv

There's always what-ifs, but to the best of my knowledge, @shunyadragon is a scientist who seems to always be pretty careful with his words, sometimes even presenting detailed charts to explain things.
Yes, that I know. But with all this mis information it's almost impossible to know what is true and what is not, even scienists disagree with each other (sometimes 180 degrees).

For example: A Dutch Professor said "virus variants always get weaker". This makes sense to me in a way. Others claim the new virus variants get stronger.

If the Professor is right, then this opens up a whole new Pandora Box

Wait and see is the best option it seems nowadays to know for sure if something is true

Last edited:

stvdv

@stvdv - I'll probably get some heat on this forum for saying this,
No, I don't think so. On RF all are smart and only 'speak when spoken to'.

You clearly addressed this to me personally;) (they should control themselves) :D

sayak83

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Interesting information, or would you call this still all misinformation?
Title says it all. What is said here, I have been saying since corona started
I hope it is misinformation (5th place not too good); if true it would be really ba,

Cruz: White House 'in bed' with Facebook, Big Tech over COVID misinformation
That's what a responsible government should do. When conspiracy theorists spread lies that misinform people that kills them, then both the people spreading them and the platform allowing such views to be aired publicly should be thrown in jail. This can be vaccines, promoting drunk driving or drugs or any other behavior that threatens lives. Full support to Biden on this.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
So would this be better or worse than Ted Cruz, the literal oil business shill whose family owns an oil company, being in the pocket of oil companies?

stvdv

Based on the youtube video can you really be serious about anything that Cruz or Trump says
Answer to me is simple: YES, Cruz and Trump will be serious sometimes. Those times I take them serious
When they are 'not serious', those times I don NOT take them serious

BUT

In general, such generalizing questions as you put it, are not very useful to me, when I speak about humans and their opinions

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Yes, that I know. But with all this mis information it's almost impossible to know what is true and what is not, even scienists disagree with each other (sometimes 180 degrees).

For example: A Dutch Professor said "virus variants always get weaker". This makes sense to me in a way. Others claim the new virus variants get stronger.

If the Professor is right, then this opens up a whole new Pandora Box

Wait and see is the best option it seems nowadays to know for sure if something is true

The Dutch professor is fundamentally wrong. Viruses are not that predictable. Viruses are into survival in their host population and they mutate to survive for the long run, which results that different viruses mutate differently, and some move from species to species as their host as one species becomes resistant like flus. Change and adaptability is the survival game of viruse.

Some viruses get weaker with time, for example: flu viruses within an individual flu season, but from season to season flus can mutate to more and very severe versions. Unfortunately, this is not necessarily true for Covid-19, which at present is mutating to more sever variations like the Delta. Covid-19 is new ro the world with an unknown future. It may become endemic to the human population colds, which constantly change, but not necessarily severe range.

Cold viruses are many different viruses and constantly change moving around the human population opportunistically rapidly mutate making vaccines almost impossible.

Last edited:

shunyadragon

shunyadragon
Premium Member
Answer to me is simple: YES, Cruz and Trump will be serious sometimes. Those times I take them serious
When they are 'not serious', those times I don NOT take them serious

BUT

In general, such generalizing questions as you put it, are not very useful to me, when I speak about humans and their opinions

From what you describe the answer is no, because political Chameleons like Trump and Cruz cannot be taken seriously in terms of 'sometimes' serious and sometimes not. If 'sometimes' is the case they are inherently dishonest. It is dishonest to pick and choose from highly variable statements to select where they are serious, because they agree with you.

Last edited: