• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Crime and Punishment

jewscout

Religious Zionist
Ernesto said:
Woah, don't get me wrong, I wasn't saying you were heartless or insensitive! Most certainly not. And neither was I suggesting that rape is a good or even neutral thing...it is the worst kind of violation, the worst kind of crime.
i'm not mad at you Ernesto...just the thought of something like that happening to someone, especially someone i care about, makes my blood boil and makes me want to crack skulls...hence the smilie

Ernesto

jewscout said:
i'm not mad at you Ernesto...just the thought of something like that happening to someone, especially someone i care about, makes my blood boil and makes me want to crack skulls...hence the smilie
Yes I agree 100%, a couple of people I know have experienced it, unfortunately.

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
Saw11_2000 said:
If it didn't happen in the first place, we would have had two fully functional contributing members of society, but now there's only one that really doens't deserve any benefit or care from society whatsoever.
That's my point; you kill someone, you become a slave-of-sorts to society. You still have to have a job, but what you make gets taken away and given to society through charities/community projects/what have you.

Saw11_2000

I'm looking at it this way.

Since you failed society so badly, society no longer has any obligations to support your continued existence.

Since homo sapiens are a very social species, we need each other to exist.

Without any support from society, you will eventually die. Perhaps from getting sick, perhaps from getting killed by someone else, perhaps by starving because you cannot get food.

I attribute this to the death penalty.

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
I don't think I understand what you're saying; do you mean that murderers should be cut off completely from society?

Saw11_2000

Yes, pretty much.

They should have absolutely no form of any help from society. Eventually humans on their own will die (at least faster than the rest of humanity).

As in, I don't believe they should be in jail because they are using a building built by society, the food they eat has been prepared by society, and the guards are also part of society. Basically, anything man-made, is gone.

Saw11_2000

I would support throwing them on islands with them in nothing but their birthday suit, but there isn't enough islands, and there's a chance they could come back.