• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Creationist like to order things.

Quiddity

UndertheInfluenceofGiants
I was listening to the radio and one of the announcers made a comment that is rather unexpected for this radio station because religion, politics, etc. are avoided. He said that creationist have a tendency of putting things in order, categorize, label, etc. what they see around them. What do you think? Is this something ONLY creationist do?

~Victor

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Victor said:
I was listening to the radio and one of the announcers made a comment that is rather unexpected for this radio station because religion, politics, etc. are avoided. He said that creationist have a tendency of putting things in order, categorize, label, etc. what they see around them. What do you think? Is this something ONLY creationist do?

~Victor
I doubt it - I am sure that there are many others who feel 'protected by Labels and categories' - I hate to say it, but I feel that those who benefit most from being catagorized are those who do not fully understand how to justify their stance; maybe there is a certain ammount of safety in hiding behind a label.

As far as I am concerned, I can see how that would apply to creationists, but I see many others fitting into this mould.:)

robtex

Veteran Member
Victor said:
~Victor
That is a very generic statement. Can you give us some of the context of the discussion he had on the air. Perhaps an example or two? One thing to realize about radio talk show hosts is there ratings are based on people' s emotional response to what they say more than their rational response to the content presented. Knowing that I tend to put a lot less stock in what comes from them than I do to say, a news anchor person. I didn't hear the show but I have a sneaking suspicion that the radio talk show person may have been fishing for a reallly broad tag line that would stir up some dust for his show. But as I didn't see it I am too far detached to make that call.

Victor what were the statments that followed the one you listed and from your vantage point, as the listener, what do you believe his motive may have been (in theory) for making such statements?

Quiddity

UndertheInfluenceofGiants
robtex said:
That is a very generic statement. Can you give us some of the context of the discussion he had on the air. Perhaps an example or two?
When I started listening they (radio poeple) were talking about one of them always having bad experiences in the airport. One of them said it was just coincidence, the other said it was God messing with him (while chuckling).

robtex said:
One thing to realize about radio talk show hosts is there ratings are based on people' s emotional response to what they say more than their rational response to the content presented. Knowing that I tend to put a lot less stock in what comes from them than I do to say, a news anchor person.
As I said, this is unusual for this station to bring this stuff up. They weren't looking for rating in this case.

robtex said:
I didn't hear the show but I have a sneaking suspicion that the radio talk show person may have been fishing for a reallly broad tag line that would stir up some dust for his show. But as I didn't see it I am too far detached to make that call.
Ditto.

robtex said:
Victor what were the statments that followed the one you listed and from your vantage point, as the listener, what do you believe his motive may have been (in theory) for making such statements?
I took it as him saying that creationist don't like disorder. And that they like to place order where there is not. One of the guys is a confessed atheist. The other seems more open, but I don't know what he is.

Hope that helps.

~Victor