• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Crazy customer advice pretty please

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Tigress, yes your company CAN fire a customer. That is your manager's job, though, not yours. But you don't have to be victimized or harrassed by people just because they are a customer. There's more where he came from, and his actions are way out of line. WAYYYY out of line. Your manager should be firm with him about his behavior, and be consistent in his own behavior - using the tips to pay down his bill, for example. If his bill is paid in full, then your manager can give him a credit on the books - or even mail the money back to him.

If he's still offended, so be it. After all, we've already established that he's a freak. He may just have to be offended.

That will not be your fault. Your coworkers are already taking advantage of you, by the way. This needs to stop. It is totally unfair that you are carrying this entire burden - but you're only carrying it because you've picked it up.

If your manager doesn't have your back on this one, you may be working in the wrong place.
I have to agree.

Frubals!

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
The problem with these kind of guys is, not taking the money just raises the bar for him to be even more ridiculous. He has the hots for you. You are in a no win situation. Take the money, you owe him. Refuse the money you become a greater challenge to him.

The best way to get rid of him is to figure out something that is undesirable to him and make him believe you have that trait.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
Or slightly subtler, make a comment about your Valtrex prescription being out (herpes meds).
seems to me that he would merely offer her even more money to make sure she has her meds.....

Vasilisa Jade

Formerly Saint Tigeress
You guys are awful. lol.

I informed my manager of the issue today and the money was posted to his account today and noted by my coworker.

That had better cover my behind.

Then I found out that he came into the store tonight, smiling, and walked around in a circle, then, smiling, walked up to my coworker and told her that he is cancelling everything and returning everything.

She said he didn't even say why. He was happy two days ago. It might be because of his partner/friend. He was setting them up for him to run a business off of after all. Or it could be the signal. We have been having tower problems the last few days... either way it was nothing I did.

Can I just say, wow.

They of course told him he needed to actually bring the equipment with him. He said that he woud be there frist thing in the morning. Lucky me. I open tomorrow.

But, all I have to do is process the cancellations and returns, and he will be out of my hair for good. That is what I wanted. I don't even care about the commission. I said from the beginning that his expctations were too high for the cell phones. This is why I was being so careful. I anticipated something ridiculous like this.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
In banking, I have unreasonable customers like this too. I think some of them genuinely have personality disorders. They have to feel extra important, extra "special," and the second they get the feeling that they are no more special than the other customers, they get offended and start throwing their weight (and threats to "move all their money") around.

I think they must have incredibly miniscule penises.

Vasilisa Jade

Formerly Saint Tigeress
That crazy ******* still wanted to give me money this morning... STILL. He snuck another $200.00 to me in one of the phone boxes with all the phones he returned. That makes $400.00 now he has tried to give me, and his buddy was trying to recruit me agian today for thier strip club.

Of course the money was promptly applied to his account today and noted. I also sent an email documenting the entire situation to my manager and everyone else that needed it.

It just blows my mind... I felt dirty. Have you ever felt dirty from dealing with a shady sleazy crooked person? Ugghhh.... It feels like I am an object he is trying to buy.

Reverend Rick

Frubal Whore
Premium Member
That crazy ******* still wanted to give me money this morning... STILL. He snuck another $200.00 to me in one of the phone boxes with all the phones he returned. That makes $400.00 now he has tried to give me, and his buddy was trying to recruit me agian today for thier strip club.

Of course the money was promptly applied to his account today and noted. I also sent an email documenting the entire situation to my manager and everyone else that needed it.

It just blows my mind... I felt dirty. Have you ever felt dirty from dealing with a shady sleazy crooked person? Ugghhh.... It feels like I am an object he is trying to buy.

He is trying to buy you Hon. Tell him to quit insulting you and give you 50 grand.

Take the money and go on vacation.

Vasilisa Jade

Formerly Saint Tigeress
I just wanted to take a quick second and tell you guys thank you for letting me vent here.

I made a documented email and sent it to all my managers. It went up to our HR department and they advised management that I am not to be handling him or his accounts in the future. It was also documented with our Loss Prevention Department. If he was to carry on this kind of behavior in the future with another employee and they report it, the Loss Prevention Department can contact the Legal Department and formally advise him that he is not to conduct business at our location any longer.

:D

I'm sure my coworkers will be overjoyed to pick up that burden when he comes around agian. It's bound to happen. lol.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
Good girl, St Tigeress! Keep us posted on this idiot, please! He's pretty entertaining.

Sheeze, what a sleazebag.