• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Covid Vaccine rollout problems

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I'm not going on a political rant here but reporting from my county.

In the past few days we started off opening up the vaccine to 75+ years old people per federal guidelines. Then they changed it to 65+ and the county changed their guidance accordingly but my medical group, John Muir, did not.

But we have two major medical groups, Kaiser and John Muir.

So we have three ways of signing up for the shot depending which medical group you belong to, if any.

The county system was put together very fast but is surprisingly straight forward asking only what appears to be needed info. But training of people is another matter - my application got lost, someone else got a text saying look for an email and a bunch of people got their shots. So I rank it as a decent rollout with a few glitches.

Kaiser has a call in for appointment including vaccinations system. Can you say 4 hour plus wait onhold times? I'm sure you can. I rate that as a failure especially as it was obvious to the meanest intelligence people would clamor for the vaccine.

John Muir has a system where a web site is populated with "you're due for xxx" notices and an email generated. I got that email but the "click here" led to a broken link. I knew enough to login, find the "sign up here" option very easily and am signed up. Because their system was in place before, it's working best of the three outside of a bad link in email

So private better than government better than private result so far.

In addition, California clung to the federal model of do everyone in group 1A before going to the next group too long and is behind other states in administering what the state has. And we got caught in the cluster**** federal vaccine stockpile being reserved, vaccine stockpile will be distributed, oops no vaccine stockpile. So the feds, Trump's administration screwed up big time in knowing what was going on (no surprise here).

If you want to look up how well your state is doing or some other state is not doing in distributing the doses it has States ranked by percentage of COVID-19 vaccines administered: Jan. 15