• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Countries worse than death

Spiderman

Veteran Member
What is a country you would rather be dead than live in? I'd rather be dead than live in any country with blasphemy laws where people are arrested and killed for being accused of blasphemy ( speaking the truth about Muhammad.) Or any country without free speech or religious freedom.

Or any country like some in Africa where hundreds of millions of people suffer from water scarcity and starvation.

I knew a guy from Congo who said where he was born, when there is a city that Cobalt is discovered in, the whole town is bulldozed and the people have to fend for themselves without help from the government to find new housing. He said the people in power are the ones who cant be outgunned.

He said, there are no nursing homes for old people and if they don't have family or someone to care for them , they simply die of neglect. The poor lack healthcare, and some poor children are taken at gunpoint to essentially work as slaves. Sounds worse than death imo.

Spiderman

Veteran Member
Assuming there is an omnipotent God, he shares the most responsibility for human suffering and confusion. He could effortlessly relieve it without violating free will, and he refuses to.

That's just like a rich doctor who can effortlessly cure an agonizing person and refuses.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
What is a country you would rather be dead than live in? I'd rather be dead than live in any country with blasphemy laws where people are arrested and killed for being accused of blasphemy ( speaking the truth about Muhammad.) Or any country without free speech or religious freedom.

Or any country like some in Africa where hundreds of millions of people suffer from water scarcity and starvation.

I knew a guy from Congo who said where he was born, when there is a city that Cobalt is discovered in, the whole town is bulldozed and the people have to fend for themselves without help from the government to find new housing. He said the people in power are the ones who cant be outgunned.

He said, there are no nursing homes for old people and if they don't have family or someone to care for them , they simply die of neglect. The poor lack healthcare, and some poor children are taken at gunpoint to essentially work as slaves. Sounds worse than death imo.

Rather be alive than dead. I'd rather be able to experience pain and suffering than to not exist.

Axe Elf

Prophet
Assuming there is an omnipotent God, he shares the most responsibility for human suffering and confusion. He could effortlessly relieve it without violating free will, and he refuses to.

Assuming there is an omni-God, He has ABSOLUTE responsibility for human suffering and confusion, as well as human pleasure and kittens. (Isaiah 45:7)

Reason suggests that nothing could be other than it is, without making this less than the best of all possible universes, however.

(An omni-God would WANT to create the best of all possible universes--omnibenevolence. An omni-God would know HOW to create the best of all possible universes--omniscience. An omni-God would have the POWER to create the best of all possible universes--omnipotence. Therefore, if an omni-God exists, we are forced to conclude that we live in the best of all possible universes, and any illusions we might have about some change or another making the universe a better place are merely artifacts of our own severely limited perspective in time and space.)

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV

Your wish "rather to be dead in that country than live in" might probably be fulfilled soon EVEN if you don't have the wish;)

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV

Be careful what you wish for. From Advaitha I understand that whatever we wish (think) will materialize. Only when "No thought" then "No rebirth"