• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Could Jesus Swim?

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
...And does it matter?
Well yes, this is why he had to walk on water, as he didn't know how to swim...

Sort of gives the game away that he wasn't only human, when he gets simple things wrong like that. :innocent:

Weeping Raven

One lost Raven
Perhaps he could and over time that fact warped into him being able to walk on water. Unsure wether many could swim back then, so I don't know how much of a miracle it would be for someone to swim.

wizanda

One Accepts All Religious Texts
Premium Member
...And does it matter?
Depends why we ask the question: if it is because people ask so many ridiculous things, which can't be substantiated within the text, that is one thing...

If it is because Christianity within its idolatry of the physical, completely misses the spiritual implications of what is taking place, i get it...

Yet if it is because Yeshua was fictional, and therefore how could we summarize if a fictional character can swim; means we might be in trouble for missing what Zoroastrian, and Jewish texts have largely prophesied. :innocent:

Last edited:

Kemosloby

Premium Member
I think that is an excellent question. Could Jesus swim? He washed other peoples feet, but could he wash his own? I think the answer is yes or how would John have baptized Jesus in water if he was unable to go in the water.

jonathan180iq

I think that is an excellent question. Could Jesus swim? He washed other peoples feet, but could he wash his own? I think the answer is yes or how would John have baptized Jesus in water if he was unable to go in the water.
By standing
I don't think John was out there treading water in a 20' river bed when he led people out to baptize them, do you?

CogentPhilosopher

Philosophy Student
Is that Kek from WoW? Please translate? :)

This came from the YouTube skeptic community through way of Sargon of Arkhad who got it from Kekistan, who got it from 4Chan, who in turn got it from World of Warcraft. According to legend it translates to Lol.

If you don't understand why, then the answer probably isn't for you.

Sometimes people ask questions for which they already have the answers in order to better expose the motives behind the answers.

Kemosloby

Premium Member
By standing
I don't think John was out there treading water in a 20' river bed when he led people out to baptize them, do you?

I don't think you understood me. Jesus had to be able to go beneath the surface of the water in order to be baptized by John. Therefore walking on the surface was optional for him. Therefore he could swim.

jonathan180iq

I don't think you understood me. Jesus had to be able to go beneath the surface of the water in order to be baptized by John. Therefore walking on the surface was optional for him. Therefore he could swim.
Have you never laid down in the bathtub? Floated on your back in shallow water? Been baptized by a Southern Christian preacher? None of those baptismal-like actions require the ability to swim. I don't see how you're getting from point A to point B.

Side note, how fast do you think he could run? ;)

Kemosloby

Premium Member
Have you never laid down in the bathtub? Floated on your back in shallow water? Been baptized by a Southern Christian preacher? None of those baptismal-like actions require the ability to swim. I don't see how you're getting from point A to point B.

Side note, how fast do you think he could run? ;)

You still don't get it. To swim you must be able to go below the surface of the water. Jesus was capable of that. unless you think he stood on the surface and John splashed water on him. Yes it is as silly as this thread.