• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Could i get some information?

kedy

Hello, my name is Victoria, im working on a school project called tj mun, its about world issues, the point of it is choosing some teenagers to represent a contry or a religion, and making a research find out the possition in which certain country or religion is in the topic.
I was choosen to represent a religion, The church of Jesus Christ of later-day-saints.
My topics are:
Topic A : Crime Penalties :confused:

Topic B : Therapeuthic Cloning:confused:

I did my reaserch about the religion, and found out really interesting things, but i couldnt find anything realted to those 2 topics, mostly of the topic b, so i was wandering arround the internet and found this forums, so if anyone could provided me with some information,:help: , i will appreciate it really much, so in that way i could defend the possition of the religion in a more diplomatic way.

Thank you.:jiggy:
If you need to contact me you can write to:
[email protected]

Democles

I sent you an email, hopfully that can answer some of your questions on crime penalties, if not, my bad, try to be more specific. Sorry I'm not sure I can be much help on Therapeutic Cloning, I will do my little ressearch on it.

DeepShadow

White Crow
One of our articles of faith specifically states that we believe in obeying, honoring, and sustaining the law. That would preclude imposing our own penalties for crimes.

As for therapeutic cloning, I'm not sure if the church has a position on this yet, because there are still so many ambiguities.

My position: IF cloning of human beings succeeds, genetics suggests that the best way to think of the person is as a late twin of the original. After all, identical twins are effectively clones. Based on that, I would expect the church to oppose the complete harvesting of a clone for stem cells, but not, for example, the conception of a clone for the use of placental, umbilical, or bone marrow cells.