• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Correlation between Isaiah 9 & 10 and today?

2ndpillar

What is the correlation between what was written in Isaiah 9 & 10, and the world of today? And who is Ephraim today, and why was he referred to as Israel? Who are those that lead these people astray? Why does Manasseh devour Ephraim, Ephraim Manasseh, and both against Judah? Who enacts evil statutes, and unjust decisions? And what are the consequences.

Isaiah 9:6-..,"For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; and the government will rest on his shoulders;...there will be no end to the increase of his government or peace.... the Lord sends a message against Jacob, ..that is, Ephraim.....the bricks haven fallen down, but we will rebuild with smooth stones;...For those who guide this people guide them astray...and every one of them is godless and an evildoes, ....the land is burned up, and the people are like fuel for the fire...woe to those who enact evil statutes...record unjust decisions,... the devastation which will come from afar?..and the light of Israel will become a fire and his holy one a flame, and it will burn and devour his thorns...and the rest of his trees of his forest will be so small in number that a child could write them down...Now it will come about in that day that the remnant of Israel, and those of the house of Jacob who have escaped, ...for although O Israel, may be like the sand of the sea, only a remnant within them will return; a destruction is determined, and he will cut down the thickets of the forest with an iron axe, and Lebanon will fall by the Mighty One....Then it will happen in that day that the Lord will again recover the second time with his hand the remnant of his people,....and will gather the banished ones of Israel, and will gather the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth....then the jealousy of Ephraim will depart and those who harass Judah will be cut off;..and the Lord will utterly destroy the tongue of the Sea of Egypt;..when the Lord will have compassion of Jacob, and again choose Israel, and settle them in their own land, then strangers will join them and attach themselves to the house of Jacob...the whole earth is at rest and is quiet;

Ephraim refers to the second son of Joseph, and both were given the blessing of Israel (Gen 48), and who are scattered among the nations (Joel 3:2). An image of the bricks falling down would be similar to the twin towers falling down, in which the government leaders said that we will build better. The godless refers the people and leaders of the U.S. in which Ephraim is scattered. The land burned up will refer to the a third of the earth burning up per Rev 8:7. An example of evil statutes would be the unjust decisions which enabled 60,000,000 babies to be killed by abortion in the U.S. alone. The devastation, referring to both the nations gathered against Judah and Israel, as well as to Israel itself, in which only a remnant will remain. As for the gathering of the dispersed of Judah and the banished ones of Israel, they will be again settled in their own land, and the whole earth will be at rest. Their enimity will be settled (Ezekiel 37:19-22)

Ezekiel 37:19-22 (NASB) say to them, ‘Thus says the Lord God, “Behold, I will take the stick of Joseph, which is in the hand of Ephraim, and the tribes of Israel, his companions; and I will put them with it, with the stick of Judah, and make them one stick, and they will be one in My hand.”’ 20 The sticks on which you write will be in your hand before their eyes. 21 Say to them, ‘Thus says the Lord God, “Behold, I will take the sons of Israel from among the nations where they have gone, and I will gather them from every side and bring them into their own land; 22 and I will make them one nation in the land, on the mountains of Israel; and one king will be king for all of them; and they will no longer be two nations and no longer be divided into two kingdoms.

As for what the "Christians" teach today, it is the false gospel of the self professed apostle and prophet Paul. The gospel of lawlessness, the gospel of Grace, is antithetical to the gospel of the kingdom of God, which will be ruled by a rod of iron. (Psalms 2:8)