• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Copenhagen Treaty

T-Dawg

Self-appointed Lunatic
Hmm. At first I was understanding his viewpoint and agreeing, but then he used "communist" as a word with a negative connotation (1:24 and 1:44). Anyone who speaks of communists as if they're inherently evil is either a far-right shill or someone's who's been propagandanized by the far-right.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Who is this Burk. Sounds like he is an English Lord, but I have never heard of him.
Needs to learn how to wear a suit there is a gap between his waist coat (vest) and trousers.

what he is saying is alarmist rubbish. To worry people in the USA that it is better to be killed by Global warming than have a treaty to do something about it.

I don't know where they find these self appointed experts.

challupa

Hmm. At first I was understanding his viewpoint and agreeing, but then he used "communist" as a word with a negative connotation (1:24 and 1:44). Anyone who speaks of communists as if they're inherently evil is either a far-right shill or someone's who's been propagandanized by the far-right.
Yes that put me off too. I still need to read the entire draft to get the whole picture and not just take this Lord Monckton's word for it. There was another website I went to when I googled for more info and the biggest problem they saw was the idea that the wealthy countries who used the most resources would have to reimburse the 3rd world countries for the environmental damage. Not sure what I think of that.

challupa

Who is this Burk. Sounds like he is an English Lord, but I have never heard of him.
Needs to learn how to wear a suit there is a gap between his waist coat (vest) and trousers.

what he is saying is alarmist rubbish. To worry people in the USA that it is better to be killed by Global warming than have a treaty to do something about it.

I don't know where they find these self appointed experts.
His name is apparently Lord Monckton and he is a UK politician? I think he may be an alarmist too, but here's another website that states the countries that use the resources need to reimburse the countries that haven't contributed to the environmental problems on the same scale. I will link it for you. I am going to read the entire treaty draft and form my own opinion of it now that my attention has been directed to it.

The Copenhagen Climate Change Treaty Draft – wealth transfer defined, now with new and improved “dignity” penalty « Watts Up With That?

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
His name is apparently Lord Monckton and he is a UK politician? I think he may be an alarmist too, but here's another website that states the countries that use the resources need to reimburse the countries that haven't contributed to the environmental problems on the same scale. I will link it for you. I am going to read the entire treaty draft and form my own opinion of it now that my attention has been directed to it.

The Copenhagen Climate Change Treaty Draft – wealth transfer defined, now with new and improved “dignity” penalty « Watts Up With That?

yes... I looked him up... he is one of those hereditary lords who failed to get elected to the House of Lords.

He is an extreme right wing apologist, and is a member of various of their political research institutes( pressure Groups,) and one time adviser to Margret Thatcher.
he is virtually unknown here, outside his own circle.

challupa

yes... I looked him up... he is one of those hereditary lords who failed to get elected to the House of Lords.

He is an extreme right wing apologist, and is a member of various of their political research institutes( pressure Groups,) and one time adviser to Margret Thatcher.
he is virtually unknown here, outside his own circle.
I am in the process of reading the Copenhagen Treaty and it does state that there will be a governance in place to manage the transfer of financial and technologies from developed countries to non developed or developing countries. It appears that they are taking into consideration that the developed countries have contributed the most to the global evironmental break down and therefore should be compensating the parts of the world that did not contribute to it or only minimally so, and are now experiencing the ramifications of global warming. While I think that a more equal distribution of world wealth is likely needed, I'm not sure how that can be done without stressing an already precarious economic global situation even further. They talk of the low lying lands, islands that will be impacted by rising water and they also talk about droughts etc in sub Saharian countries and the developed countries responsibility to take care of them because they were the ones that contributed to their problems with the high CO2 emissions. I haven't finished the reading yet (it's 181 pages long and rather dry) but it definitely does state these things and wants to put in place a "legal" frame work to get this going with the countries that sign on. It's interesting.

I don't take people that lean to far in one direction seriously, but I have found reading the treaty quite interesting. I suppose it could ultimately be a good thing, but I think there will be resistence (understatement) from some areas initially.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
There probably is not enough cash available, and freely given, to have much chance of averting the coming disasters.

A very large proportion of the poorer populations effected will likely die. The effect will be similar in many Wealthy countries, but some of the richer skilled people are likely to be able to survive.

The world is certainly going to be a very different place.
If the world population reduces to 25% It will probably stabilize.

Tiapan

Grumpy Old Man
The US will stall the talks along with the europeans it will lead no where except to more bureaucratic discussions. Clean Coal, carbon trading, is all wool over your eyes to maintain the status quo.

Direct carbon sequestration is the only viable option, but that simply wont happen until its way to late. better get some stilts for your house and a good airconditioner.

Last edited:

challupa

There probably is not enough cash available, and freely given, to have much chance of averting the coming disasters.

A very large proportion of the poorer populations effected will likely die. The effect will be similar in many Wealthy countries, but some of the richer skilled people are likely to be able to survive.

The world is certainly going to be a very different place.
If the world population reduces to 25% It will probably stabilize.
Well I think we're already seeing that. There is are islands in the South pacific that slowly have been inundated with water and the people have had to be relocated.

challupa

The US will stall the talks along with the europeans it will lead no where except to more bureaucratic discussions. Clean Coal, carbon trading, is all wool over your eyes to maintain the status quo.

Direct carbon sequestration is the only viable option, but that simply wont happen until its way to late. better get some stilts for your house and a good airconditioner.
Yes I agree, carbon trading makes little sense to me because it's still being emitted. Clean coal makes me laugh thinking about our coal bin when I was little. The words clean and coal just don't belong together.

I don't have to worry about water LOL I live in the mountains and that also makes it a little cooler too!;)

lockyfan

What do you think of the whole thing though?

I mean it may be alarmist, but then it could have also been true.

I mena when you actually look at it, all the bigger countries, their leaders turned up on the second last or last day, and there was no treaty signed to get rid of global warming, but the signs have been out there that it was all smoke and mirrors for something else.

That the whole situation was just a joke to then give the UN the power for a 1 world government. This would then erase all the constitutions of all countries and the "land of the free"wont be so free anymore. The whole ability to choose your religion would eventually go.

If it was true what do you think will happen if the UN really does have the power to be a one world government?

The Bible says that "the wildbeast" become the eighth power, what if the wild beast is actually the UN?

challupa

What do you think of the whole thing though?

I mean it may be alarmist, but then it could have also been true.

I mena when you actually look at it, all the bigger countries, their leaders turned up on the second last or last day, and there was no treaty signed to get rid of global warming, but the signs have been out there that it was all smoke and mirrors for something else.

That the whole situation was just a joke to then give the UN the power for a 1 world government. This would then erase all the constitutions of all countries and the "land of the free"wont be so free anymore. The whole ability to choose your religion would eventually go.

If it was true what do you think will happen if the UN really does have the power to be a one world government?

The Bible says that "the wildbeast" become the eighth power, what if the wild beast is actually the UN?
I really have no idea what they have done. Not much of anything as far as I could see. Someof the things they mentioned in the video were put on the table for voting on, such as polluting countries paying non polluting countries etc. We'll just have to wait and see I guess. I don't think you need to worry about the other things you mention.

lockyfan

I really have no idea what they have done. Not much of anything as far as I could see. Someof the things they mentioned in the video were put on the table for voting on, such as polluting countries paying non polluting countries etc. We'll just have to wait and see I guess. I don't think you need to worry about the other things you mention.

I am not worried about it at all.

I know its goingto happen eventually so am just patiently waiting