• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

contradictions in the bible???

uss_bigd

But I think we both know who in this discussion uses only the imperfect Bible.

I use a perfect bible you were the ones who claimed the bible was imperfect and at the same time claim you base on it.

that makes your religion flawed becuase you base on an erroneous basis (AS YOU CLAIMED IT IS). your other sources fall under "other Gospels" on Gal 1:8.

YOU SHOULD BE ACCURSED!:D

uss_bigd

:rolleyes:

That's Christ-like love for you folks.

I am sorry for your Big ignorance of what is going on.

THE LDS DOCTRINE IS A DIFFERENT DOCTRINE THAN THAT OF CHRIST.

Gal 1:8 states: "8But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned!

WHY IS YOUR DOCTRINE DIFFERENT?

well, according to your brother sola'lor:

Biblical doctrine: neithe accepts nor rejects Polygamy ( i say it rejects, but let us use sola'lor's argument instead)
LDS doctrine accepts polygamy

THIS JUST BY SANE OBSERVATION THEY ARE DIFFERENT DOCTRINES.

but Sola'lor further pulled your enitre doctrine down by arguing that "it is a flawed argument to say the bible condemns polygamy when it does not say a thing about polygamy.

using his arugment, then it will also be a flawed argument to say that polygamy is accepted when the scriptures we used did explicitly accpet it either.

wait, LDS doctrine explicit accept having multiple virgin wives.

Therefore according to how sola'lor argued. who ever wrote the lds doctrine made a flawed judgement of accepting polygamy when the bible does not explicitly accept it.

your way out is by discrediting the bible by saying it is incomplete and your book completes it.

Then you really fall under Gal 1:8 you're preaching another gospel!:D

Bishka

Veteran Member
I am sorry for your Big ignorance of what is going on.

Come again

Your interpretation.

Gal 1:8 states: "8But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned!

And we fully believe that our gospel is the one that was preached. ;) Like I said interpretation.

So you are happy we are going to hell? :areyoucra

And here I thought Jesus Christ commanded us to Love One Another. Certainly being happy for their spiritual death is not loving one another. :rolleyes:

uss_bigd

Come again

Your interpretation.

it was sola'lor's

And we fully believe that our gospel is the one that was preached. ;) Like I said interpretation.

nope you don't as i said sola'lor said the bible niether accepts nor rejects polygamy, your church accepts polygamy that on its own is contradicting.

two contradicting concepts cannot be both true

So you are happy we are going to hell? :areyoucra

And here I thought Jesus Christ commanded us to Love One Another. Certainly being happy for their spiritual death is not loving one another. :rolleyes:

I didnt say anything like that, the bible says God judges those from the outside and that it is his desire that everyone be saved. but you ahve to follow his will.

replies in pink

Bishka

Veteran Member
replies in pink

And this is why I don't talk to people like you.

Thank yo ufor reminding me.

You don't bother to think at all for yourselves, even though God has given you the smarts too, you don't bother to listen or even try to comprehend what other people are actually saying and writing because of your ego, and you could care less about anybody that isn't a "True Christian"

Good luck and Good riddance.

If your version of Heaven is like your Christ-like love, I'd rather

BURN IN HELL!

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
sure, here it is....

So all Mormons are now bishops?
You would have to agree with this in order for your scripture comparison to hold any water.
For 1Timothy 3:1-5 is dictating the restrictions and qualifications of bishops.

So in order for this nonsense to hold any water, you have to be contending that all Mormons are bishops.
Now I happen to know several member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, and I am almost positive that they are not bishops.
However, I will ask them and get back to you.

uss_bigd

So all Mormons are now bishops?
You would have to agree with this in order for your scripture comparison to hold any water.
For 1Timothy 3:1-5 is dictating the restrictions and qualifications of bishops.

So in order for this nonsense to hold any water, you have to be contending that all Mormons are bishops.
Now I happen to know several member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, and I am almost positive that they are not bishops.
However, I will ask them and get back to you.

if we stick to what is written. even if we grant the argument that polygamy is not rejected because it does not explicitly says so, then it goes both way, you cannot accpet polygamy because it does not explicitlysay so either.

and LDS accepted polygamt. so were they faithfull to the bible? besides see mat 19:9 and mat 19:6 it states wife in singular form

Therefore if i assume Christians are allowed only one wife. i am closer to the truth than the LDS.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
if we stick to what is written. even if we grant the argument that polygamy is not rejected because it does not explicitly says so, then it goes both way, you cannot accpet polygamy because it does not explicitlysay so either.
Are you truly that desperate to prove the Mormons wrong?
The main problem with the picture you presented is that the one who put that nonsense together is effectively comparing apples to Winnebagos.

and LDS accepted polygamt. so were they faithfull to the bible? besides see mat 19:9 and mat 19:6 it states wife in singular form
You are going to try to convince people who obviously know much more than you about how the currently accepted 66 book cannon called the Bible came together that you are right simply because of the lack of plurality of a word in a language that he Bible was not originally written in?

Talk about grasping at straws.......

Therefore if i assume Christians are allowed only one wife. i am closer to the truth than the LDS.
Says who?
You?

And what in the world makes you think that I would not thoroughly research for myself anything you claim?
Especially given your track record?

Sola'lor

LDSUJC
sure, here it is....

Mestemia this post is invalid because it presents falsified information. It cannot be trusted. I've warned uss_bigd to correct the problem but He hasn't. This image says on the bottom that it is the Book of Mormon vs. the Bible. But the scripture posted is from the Dcotrine and Covenants. That can be seen in the upper left hand corner proving that. This image presents false information. So if uss_bigd is lying about this, what else is He lying about?

Mestemia this post is invalid because it presents falsified information. It cannot be trusted. I've warned uss_bigd to correct the problem but He hasn't. This image says on the bottom that it is the Book of Mormon vs. the Bible. But the scripture posted is from the Dcotrine and Covenants. That can be seen in the upper left hand corner proving that. This image presents false information. So if uss_bigd is lying about this, what else is He lying about?

Does it matter. Since you consider both scripture, and they are both contrary to what is scriptural. And they both teach for commandment the doctrine of men.

Sola'lor

LDSUJC
I use a perfect bible you were the ones who claimed the bible was imperfect and at the same time claim you base on it.

Your claim to a perfect Bible does not change it's nature. I can go outside on a clear day and believe all I want that it is raining but that doesn't make it a rainy day.

that makes your religion flawed becuase you base on an erroneous basis (AS YOU CLAIMED IT IS). your other sources fall under "other Gospels" on Gal 1:8.

I wonder how many times I've addressed this.

YOU SHOULD BE ACCURSED!:D

YEAHY, something new!

You have shown that you aren't living the same gospel as that taught by Christ.

Christ taught this:
Luke 6:37
37 Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:

You said I should be accursed. This contradicts what Christ taught to condemn not. Therefore you are teaching a different Gospel than that taught by Christ and His Apostles.

Two contradicting statements cannot be true.

You have yet to prove it. You have proven that our interpretations of Christ's doctrine is different.

states: "8But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let him be eternally condemned!

And...

WHY IS YOUR DOCTRINE DIFFERENT?

well, according to your brother sola'lor:

Biblical doctrine: neithe accepts nor rejects Polygamy ( i say it rejects, but let us use sola'lor's argument instead)
LDS doctrine accepts polygamy

THIS JUST BY SANE OBSERVATION THEY ARE DIFFERENT DOCTRINES.

Not really becuase you are saying that neither accpeting nor rejecting implies rejecting. Any sane observer would realize that something that is neither accepted nor rejected can be either accept or rejected at any given time and still be in line with what was taught.

but Sola'lor further pulled your enitre doctrine down by arguing that "it is a flawed argument to say the bible condemns polygamy when it does not say a thing about polygamy.

using his arugment, then it will also be a flawed argument to say that polygamy is accepted when the scriptures we used did explicitly accpet it either.

Getting bored. :sleep: Please read above. Wake me up when you have something new.

wait, LDS doctrine explicit accept having multiple virgin wives.

Therefore according to how sola'lor argued. who ever wrote the lds doctrine made a flawed judgement of accepting polygamy when the bible does not explicitly accept it.

But it doesn't reject it either. So therefore any accepting or rejecting of it are both acceptable by what is in the BIble.

your way out is by discrediting the bible by saying it is incomplete and your book completes it.

I've discredited the Bible? How so? I just accept that fact that it is not perfect and get all that I gcan out of it. "My book" doesn't complete the Bible. It is a seperate book from the Bible. They support each other but they don't complete each other.

And what about your condemning me? That would seem to fall under Gal 1:8 too. Maybe yoy need to learn and live that same Gospel preached by Christ.

Read my signature!

Sola'lor

LDSUJC
Does it matter. Since you consider both scripture, and they are both contrary to what is scriptural.

It does matter. Because It is claiming that what is in the Doctrine and Covenants is in the Book of Mormon. It is not. So therefore it is a lie. I wouldn't rely on lies as a basis for my debates.

And they aren't contrary to what is Biblical. I haven't seen a realistic arguement yet.

And they both teach for commandment the doctrine of men.

In your opinion.

It's not opinion it's the Father. Commandment concerning polygamy is not in Him... for, or against for that matter.

It is hard to tell a person someone is making merchandise of them, but you cannot walk in the Christ in you, the Holy Spirit, at one with the true God following laws. It is only by grace, because you have to be born again. Are you born again?

Sola'lor

LDSUJC
It's not opinion it's the Father. Commandment concerning polygamy is not in Him... for, or against for that matter.

God has commanded polygamy at times and has condemned it at times. That is biblical.

It is hard to tell a person someone is making merchandise of them, but you cannot walk in the Christ in you, the Holy Spirit, at one with the true God following laws. It is only by grace, because you have to be born again. Are you born again?

Your use of terminology is slightly confusing. What does merchandise have to do with it?

I explained about me being born again in the other thread. :)

How about God's Word being inerrant and perfect? Care for the scriptures to support the Word proclaiming itself perfect.

Yes I believe God's word is perfect. But I also believe God can present His word in a variety of ways so that those children He is talking to at that time will gain the most understanding. That's why god gave the Law of Moses to the Children of Isreal. Because they weren't ready for the higher law. They would have gotten the higher law but they built the golden calf and proved themselves to not be worthy of it. So God gave them the Law of Moses as a help to prepare them for the higher law.

Your last sentence there didn't make any sense.