• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Contradictions in the Bible

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
All Scripture means 'all Scripture'. Even though the New Testament was in the process of being written, it too is Scripture. That is why it is in the Bible.

Good-Ole-Rebel
It wasn’t in the Bible when Tim was written, so it is not included in the assertion. This is the problem you run into when you mistreat the texts by taking them literalistically. When you take Jib at face value, you miss out on its teachings.

Sux for you...

sojourner

Why do you think that?

Tell me, do you believe that the serpent was Satan in the Garden of Eden myth?
Probably, because Revelation says so. Therefore, he will miss the rich teaching about wisdom and continue to develop shallow theological constructs that don’t really serve anyone.

sojourner

All Scripture means 'all Scripture'. Even though the New Testament was in the process of being written, it too is Scripture. That is why it is in the Bible.

Good-Ole-Rebel
And you completely glossed over the issue that the text patently doesn’t say what you claim it says.

Good-Ole-Rebel

It wasn’t in the Bible when Tim was written, so it is not included in the assertion. This is the problem you run into when you mistreat the texts by taking them literalistically. When you take Jib at face value, you miss out on its teachings.

Sux for you...

It is no problem for me. The New Testament is in the Bible. It is Scripture. Thus 'All Scripture' pertains to the New Testament.

Note Peters statement. (2 Peter 3:15-16) "....even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things;hard to be understood which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures...."

Did you catch that? "the other scriptures". Peter identified Pauls writings as Scripture. Which is why they are included in the New Testament.

"All Scripture"

Good-Ole-Rebel

rrobs

I am not required to prove to you the Bible is the Word of God. The Bible declares to be the Word of God. I believe it. And I declare that to others also.

Good-Ole-Rebel
Good answer! That is exactly the case as it stands. We are Ambassadors for Christ. As such, we deliver the message. We are not required to make the hearer believe the message.

I find it quite boring when someone insists I prove the Bible. They can do whatever they want with what I tell them. Of course it's nice to speak to a willing mind, but God never said everybody we talk to will believe.

sojourner

Good answer! That is exactly the case as it stands. We are Ambassadors for Christ. As such, we deliver the message. We are not required to make the hearer believe the message.

I find it quite boring when someone insists I prove the Bible. They can do whatever they want with what I tell them. Of course it's nice to speak to a willing mind, but God never said everybody we talk to will believe.
It’s also very nice when people treat the Bible for what it is — not what it is not. Belief does not extend to the exegetical process.

rrobs

It’s also very nice when people treat the Bible for what it is — not what it is not. Belief does not extend to the exegetical process.
I can tell you don't know what it is. I understand you think you do, but you don't.

Most of my life I didn't know what the Bible is either. Now I do. Having experienced both sides of the fence, I feel I am in a better position to judge.

sojourner

It is no problem for me. The New Testament is in the Bible. It is Scripture. Thus 'All Scripture' pertains to the New Testament.

Note Peters statement. (2 Peter 3:15-16) "....even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things;hard to be understood which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do also the other scriptures...."

Did you catch that? "the other scriptures". Peter identified Pauls writings as Scripture. Which is why they are included in the New Testament.

"All Scripture"

Good-Ole-Rebel
Yeah, no. That’s not what that means. I’m telling you, a class will help. Wouldn’t rather have the facts, than just what’s rattling around in your head?

sojourner

I can tell you don't know what it is. I understand you think you do, but you don't.

Most of my life I didn't know what the Bible is either. Now I do. Having experienced both sides of the fence, I feel I am in a better position to judge.
Oh, YOU can tell. I’ve studied the texts in a professional atmosphere for going on 20 years. What are your credentials in making that judgment? Scholars tell me I have a good grasp of what’s what when it comes to the texts. “Word of God” is a little disingenuous. It infers direct dictation. That’s hardly the case. Otherwise so much of it wouldn’t have been ripped off from other, older texts from other cultures who didn’t even believe in God.

This sort of belief only fuels the dumpster fire that Job is historic fact.

sojourner

I am not required to prove to you the Bible is the Word of God. The Bible declares to be the Word of God. I believe it. And I declare that to others also.

Good-Ole-Rebel
Where? Where does it say that? Not 2Tim. I’ve already shown that it patently does not say that. Do you have a different source?

Good-Ole-Rebel

Where? Where does it say that? Not 2Tim. I’ve already shown that it patently does not say that. Do you have a different source?

I've showed you that (2 Tim) does say that. I have proved the New Testament is Scripture in (2 Peter). Yet you ask where does it say that.

I don't need another source. You don't believe the Bible.

Good-Ole-Rebel