• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Contradiction: Jehoiakim will never have a heir to the kingdom of Judea

SA Huguenot

And the Muslim, atheist and Bible bashers found the following contradiction in the Bible and loves to use it as evidence against the accuracy of the scripture.
Again, as usual, I dont believe any man, but do the simple act of reading for myself.
here it is for those that are interested.

Jehoiakim will not have a son as Ruler of Israel
Jeremiah 36:30 Therefore thus saith the LORD of Jehoiakim king of Judah; He shall have none to sit upon the throne of David:
2Ki 24:6 So Jehoiakim slept with his fathers: and Jehoiachin his son reigned in his stead.

(Jeremiah 36:30) States that Jehoiakim will never have a son as king of Judah, but in 2 Kings 24:6 the Bible say that his son Jehoiachin became king. The Muslim scholar calls this a contradiction and states that God’s prophecies are in error.
Jehoiakim died after Nebuchadnezzar attacked Jerusalem and took everyone captive in 598/597 BC. The Bible does not say how he died, but that he rests with his fathers. What the critisizers concealed accusation was that Nebuchadnezzar besieged Jerusalem only 3 months after Jehoiachin became king (2 Chron 36: 9) Now why on earth would these people hide 2 Chronicles? perhaps because they thought no one will notice?

Jehoiachin surrendered to Nebuchadnezzar and him with his whole family and thousands more were removed as slaves to Babylon. Nebuchadnezzar never accepted Jehoiachin as king in Jerusalem but appointed his uncle, Zedekia as regent in his place (Jeremiah. 37:1 and 2 Chron 36:10).

Nebuchadnezzar also removed all the riches from the Temple of Solomon 10 years later and destroyed it to its foundations.

One can not call Jehoiachin a King? He did not even complete his “probation period”. To emphasize this prophecy, I say that God removed him from the throne and God fulfilled this prophecy in person.

The most astonishing evidence of this piece of history is that archaeology attests all of these events. Over the past 100 years, many historians were surprised at discovered cuneiform tablets and Babylonian chronicles, which actually attested to the Biblical history on the destruction of Jerusalem.

Perhaps my dear Atheist friends would like to comment on my claim that Jehoiakim's son was removed from the throne of David and prove me wrong.