• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Continuity of Promised Progress of Town of Promised Messiah Mahdi / Secret to All Progress/ The Help

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
Peace be on you…Hazrat Khalifatul Messiah V (may Allah be his Helper) mentioned and explained the events related to the life and the town of Hazrat Promised Messiah (on whom be peace). These events were witnessed by Hazrat Musleh Mo'ud (may Allah be pleased with him) who was little at that time, and latter as second Khalifatul Messiah, he mentioned these with wise conclusions.

In early days [1890+], the area around Qadian was not developed……When the Promised Messiah (on whom be peace) went for walks he would be accompanied by just the odd person, the narrow path was through bushes.

Qadian has progressed greatly since then. This progress is not like development of common populace. Allah the Exalted had foretold Hazrat Promised Messiah (a.s.) about this progress. Usually populations near big highways increase but Qadian was in a corner. There was no road. Allah the Exalted gave news about progress and it took place. Now people come from far places to visit Qadian. Even sometimes the government requests to use the buildings of Jama'at (due to their vastness and beauty) in the area under Jama'at in Qadian for gatherings.

EXPANSION OF MOSQUE

Hazrat Musleh Mo'ud (r.a.) said that Allah the Exalted showed a great sign in the person of Hazrat Promised Messiah (a.s.)……. [He gave the dimensions of the early small area of Mubarak mosque, Qadian] In that early time, there would be one or two rows of people offering Salaat, with five (to seven) persons in one row. But when the third row started (i.e 15 th or 16 th Salaat-offeror came), it felt as surprise and it was though as if many people were coming!

People of Qadian and those who go to Jalsa should visit this area and visualize that old time, it surely refreshes faith……It was the way of Sahabah (Companions) they would re-construct the past matters. Imagine when blessings of God the Exalted descend, they bring great progress.

POSITIVE CHANGE IN OWN PEOPLE

Changes also came in those relatives of Hazrat Promised Messiah (a.s.) who had not believed him in his time but latter they did. Once, one such aunt of child-Hazrat Musleh Mo'ud (r.a.) used offensive words to tell similarity about him and his father Hazrat Promised Messiah (a.s.)….. The same aunt in latter years, despite her senior years, treated Hazrat Musleh Mo'ud (r.a.) with great respect and reverence and called him her mentor (pir).

When God the Exalted wants to change the world, He does. Thus one should get benefit from these people and bring the change in self which should make one the beloved of Allah and join the His group.

These narratives bring progress, and freshness to the faith. These narratives should bring us closer to Allah the Exalted and as they show His supports are with Hazrat Promised Messiah (on whom be peace). We need to take benefit from these and Ahmadis living in Qadian too should pay special attention to it.

FUTURE SPREAD OF QADIAN AND ASSOCIATED ASPECTS

Many of us know that Hazrat Promised Messiah (on whom be peace) said Qadian would progress and its spread would reach to River Beas. He (a.s.) said so based on a dream of his.

The above mention of Mubarak Mosque and number of worshipers in it by Hazrat Musleh Mo'ud (r.a.) shows that original mosque was not bigger than an average room.

Increase in members, expansion of mosques, and the prophecy of progress and expansion of Qadian by Hazrat Promised Messiah (a.s.) are among his signs. Yet the prophesy is being blossomed. When we see many prophecies has been fulfilled, we are sure, time will come when world will see the full fulfillment of this prophesied expansion…..Today’s Qadian has been expanded compared to that of early days.

RELATED
RESPONSIBILITIES

Hazrat Musleh Mo'ud (r.a.) has drawn attention of member of Jama'at towards their responsibilities when he mentioned, in various ways, the prophecy of Qadian’s expansion to Beas. This responsibility is not only of those who live in Qadian but every member of Jama'at should keep it in mind.

400,000 SALAAT-OFFERORS

Hazrat Musleh Mo'ud (r.a.) drew our attentions about Salaat [5 daily prayers] too when he mentioned prophecy of progress of Qadian……It may sound strange that there is relation of increment of population with Salaat. But it is the beauty of words of Hazrat Musleh Mo'ud (r.a.) that he highlights an issue by mentioning its various aspects.

As stated earlier, once Hazrat Promised Messiah (on whom be peace) saw in dream that population of Qadian has spread to River Beas. Hazrat Musleh Mo'ud (r.a.) said that he understood from this dream that population of Qadian will become 1 to 2 million [it may increase more than that], it meant 400,000 people will come to offer Friday Salaat. Thus Aqsa Mosque [Qadian] will be greatly enhanced to accommodate 400,000 Salaat offerors.

Hazrat Khalitul Messiah V (a.t.) explains: This mosque has been expanded to maximum, if it is further enhanced by acquiring land of houses around it, even then 400,000 people cannot offer Salaat there……The possible expansion has been done. It was necessary to save area or houses of Darul Messiah as these are historical places of the time of Hazrat Promised Messiah (on whom be peace)……It is possible, with the increase of population of Qadian, a time may come when a large mosque in Qadian will be raised where 300,000 to 400,000 faithful will be able to offer Salaat. Hazrat Musleh Mo'ud (r.a.) mentioned according to then existing Aqsa Mosque, Qadian

Hazrat Musleh Mo'ud (r.a.) said that the place in Aqsa mosque [Qadian] where he was delivering sermon from, was outside of the area present in the time of Hazrat Promised Messiah (a.s.). That early mosque was perhaps 1/10 th of current mosque. How great is this blessings of Allah the Exalted that people’s mosque remain empty and we expand our mosques, and they are felt smaller again such that our people do not find enough place n these to offer Salaat.

AN EXAMPLE OF HAZRAT PROMISED MESSIAH’S WAY OF REFORM

Once, at the age of 15 or 16, Hazrat Musleh Mo'ud (r.a.) was going to offer Friday Salaat. [Hazrat Promised Messiah a.s. was not feeling well, he could not go but asked the son to go]. When he went out from home, he found a man coming back from mosque who said place in the mosque was not enough, it was full. Hazrat Musleh Mo'ud (r.a.) heard him, came back and offered Zohar Salaat instead. He recalled, he should have made personal enquiry whether mosque was full or not………{continues after 5 related-paragraphs}

He felt it was grace of Allah that he was punctual in offering Salaat since young age, and he never left single Salaat. Hazrat Promised Messiah (a.s.) never asked him whether he offered Salaat or not. Why, answer is in following:

During his 11 th year, once at the time of Dhoha or Ishraq he performed ablution (wadhu) and wore the coat of Hazrat Promised Messiah and cried a lot before God the Exalted and made promise that he would never miss Salaat then on. He felt grace of God the Exalted he never missed any Salaat after that promised. Yet due to childhood, there were little lapses in offering Salaat in congregation. Once someone complained to Hazrat Promised Messiah (a.s.) about him that he should be advised to offer Salaat in congregation punctually. [In the family, there was another relative child whose father would strictly advise his son about this Salaat matter. Hazrat Promised Messiah a.s. pointed this case and said,] ‘One (child) say prayer due to his father, I do not want he (my son) should offer Salaat due to me. I want him to offer Salaat for God.’

Hazrat Musleh Mo'ud (r.a.) said, ‘Thus Hazrat Promised Messiah a.s. never asked me to offer Salaat, I myself would offer all Salaat-s.’

It does not mean that children should think parents should never ask them about offering Salaat and it also does not mean that parents should not think it is not their responsibility to draw attention of children to offer Salaat.

Hazrat Promised Messiah (a.s.) had very good expectation about his son and he knew, too, that he would be the promised son - The Musleh Mo'ud. That is why he was sure that the son offer Salaat for the sake of Allah the Exalted only, and Allah the Exalted would keep correcting him…..And the act of 11 year old Hazrat Musleh Mo'ud (r.a.) is witness to the fact that he was attentive to offer Salaat-s.

{continues}……….Hazrat Musleh Mo'ud (r.a.) said: On that day, perhaps Allah the Exalted wanted to remove my (young age) weakness (i.e. sometimes not offering Salaat in congregation). When I came back without offering Friday Salaat, Hazrat Promised Messiah (a.s.) called me: Mahmood come here!.

When I went, he asked me: You did not go to offer Friday Salaat?

I said: I went, but I learned that mosque was full, there was no place to offer Salaat.

I said so but I was very much terrified in my heart that why I believed other person’s statement. Who know whether he was right or wrong. If what he said was truth, then all right, but if he had told lie (and I have only repeated his words) Hazrat Promised Messiah (a.s.) will be angry with me for why I spoke lie……. I was very much worried in my heart God knows what Hazrat Promised Messiah (a.s.) will say today? In the mean time, molvi Abdul Karim sahib [companion] came after offering Salaat to ask after the health of Hazrat Promised Messiah (a.s.) [due to kidney pain he could not go to offer Friday Salaat]….. I was moving around nearby to see what was going to happen today………..As soon as molvi sahib came, Hazrat Promised Messiah (a.s.) asked him whether if today many people had come and was there no place left in the mosque to offer Salaat?........ My heart began to sink as I heard it whether what the man (on street) had told me right or wrong……. But Allah the Exalted saved my honour. Molvi Abdul Karim had the great property to be thankful at bounties of God the Exalted. When he heard the question, he said: Huzur, it was great benevolence of Allah, mosque was well full of people, there was not place at all to sit. I realized what that Ahmadi had reported, was true.

Allah the Exalted has made the means of our progress that our mosques should continue to expand, they should always be populated with (Salaat offering) people. As long as you will continue to populate the mosques, you will remain populated. When you will desert the mosques, God the Exalted will leave you.

CONTINUES

DawudTalut

Peace be upon you.
CONTINUES

Thus the expansion of Qadian and expansion of Jama'at Ahmadiyya is not due to area and quantity. This expansion depends not only on population in our houses, but also on population in house of God. Thus each Ahmadi, whether he lives in Qadian and want to see its progress, or of Rabwah and wants to see its progress, or lives in any country which will become part of progress of Jama'at and want to see progress of Jama'at, they should keep in mind that, along with their population, it is extremely essential to populate the mosques. These progresses are received by the blessings of God the Exalted. His blessing increases by paying the right of His house.

Thus today when we talk about construction of mosques, we should also do effort to make them feel smaller everywhere. We should make effort to make sincere relation with Allah the Exalted so that He never abandon us and we see each prophecy of Hazrat Promised Messiah being fulfilled with great grandeur.

TRANSITION FROM VILLAGE TO A LARGE CITY

Hazrat Musleh Mo'ud (r.a.) said Hazrat Promised Messiah (a.s.) was told by Allah that the village of Qadian will progress to a very large city [like Bombay (Mumbai) and Calcutta, as if it will reach to population of 900,000 to 100,0000, to north and to east up to Beas River, river was then 9 mile from Qadian]……At the time of publishing of this prophecy, population of Qadian was about 2000. Except few bricked houses, most houses were made of clay-mud. The monthly rent was very low, 4 or 5 anna per month. The land to make house was as low as 10-12 rupees. People grew wheat at their fields and would grind grains in simple mills, thus flour was not available in bazaar. There was a primary school by government. Its teacher would also serve for postal service with extra pay. Mail would come once in a week. All buildings were within the boundary of town.

There were no apparent means of fulfillment of this prophecy as Qadian was 11 miles away from railway. Road was completely made of soil…….The population of cities increases if they are near roads or railway……There was no factory in Qadian hence no possibility of increase in population due to presence of labourers……There was no governmental office in Qadian hence no related progress was there….Qadian did not have status of district (zilla) or sub-district (tehsil), even there was no police sub-station….There was no market-place in Qadian and no related progress in population.

At the time of prophecy of progress of Qadian, the followers of Hazrat Promised Messiah (on whom be peace) were not more than few hundreds. They could not be commanded to come and live in Qadian for its expansion.

Keeping all this situation before eyes, anyone with fare mind and wisdom who ponders, if see current Qadian (which has not yet expanded to Beas but which is progressing by the grace of Allah the Exalted) he will call it a Sign.

RESEARCH BY AN INDEPENDENT SCHOLAR

Surely these matters increase the faith of an Ahmadi. Others too pay attention, many western scholars go there to do research about it.

A professor from UK who is considered an expert on the subject of Islam, went to Qadian to do research about real Islam presented by Ahmadiyyat. He wrote his comments which make one surprise how other people find fine points. [His essay will be published].

MORE PROGRESS AND MINIMUM LIMIT

Hazrat Musleh Mo'ud (r.a.) said that it was not necessary that the scene (dream) about progress of Qadian shown to Hazrat Promised Messiah (a.s.) was all progress. But it is necessary that progress will not be less than that. If it is more, it will not be against the prophesy but such progress will increase the grandeur of prophesy. Thus the dream of Hazrat Promised Messiah (a.s.) does not mean Qadian will not progress more than that. It is possible that Qadian may expand so much at sometime that River Beas may become a small water-flow inside the city, and population of Qadian extend towards district Hoshiarpur.

CURRENT PROGRESS

In Qadian, buildings of Jama'at are increasing, residential quarters and flats for office-workers are being made. The physical condition of life of members of Jama'at Qadian is progressing. They are making roomy and large houses. In addition to that Hindustan’s wealthy Ahmadis are making their buildings and houses (in Qadian), and Ahmadis from the world are paying attention to this too.

KEY TO ALL PROGRESS

The fundamental thing which all Ahmadis should remember: The secret of all progresses (or the secret to become part of progress) is to populate houses of Allah the Exalted and make connection with Him. If one leaves Him, He leaves too.

It is not about progress of Qadian only, the total progress of Jama'at depends on it that make your mosques feel insufficient and keep hope for support and victory from God the Exalted.

We should remember that God the Exalted has promised not only for progress of Qadian, but this promise is for all kind of progress of Jama'at. When we see one Sign being fulfilled, our trust about fulfillment of other Sign increases.

REVEALED SUDDEN HELP BY GOD THE EXALTED

Sometimes, in certain conditions, hearts of some people feel unrest, they draw their own estimates that a certain matter will be done according to a certain prophesy. Some become anxious due to hardships. For example, news from Pakistan said that some books of various groups and schools of thought have been banned to deter (in their thoughts) sectarianism; some books of Jama'at are included too which has nothing to do with sectarianism; it include Alfazl, Ruhani Khaza'in .......... Both available in alislam.org, Some parts of Ruhani Khaza'in are available in English @ https://www.alislam.org/books/. .........Such bans come on advice of illiterate clergies. They never read these books lest they see how Hazrat Promised Messiah (a.s.) has mentioned the beautiful teaching of Islam in his books, and always defended Islam. He (a.s.) has drawn attention of clergies, Muslim and people of other religions to see the right path…… In short, in any condition, we should neither be disappointed, nor it is needed.

Allah the Exalted repeated says about Hazrat Promised Messiah (on whom be peace):

“inni ma al-afwajey ateeka baghtatan”

The help of God the Exalted will come suddenly.

NUSRAT (HELP) OF GOD

Hazrat Musleh Mo'ud (r.a.) said about it: Today you cannot think when will that help come, you cannot think tomorrow, when will that help come. You will wake up to offer Tahajjud (Salaat) you will be thinking yet to meet the destination, it is not known how far we have to go. You will be offering Fajr Salaat, difficulties upon difficulties will be seen. But as soon as the Sun is seen, the Nusrat (help) of God the Exalted will reach you and there will be troubles upon troubles everywhere for your foe.

Hazrat Khalifatul Messiah (a.t.) said: Thus keep your faith strong, maintain your relation with God the Exalted and carry on prayers for the strength of your faith. The Sun will rise, and definitely it will rise. Insha Allah Ta’ala, His help will come, and surely it will come.

Reference: Based on Part of Friday sermon (May 8 , 2015, UK) by Hazrat Khalifatul Messiah V (may Allah help him with His Mighty Help) – More in alislam.org, mta.tv

Last edited: