• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Considering conversion.

FallenPaladin

Well, a few weeks and a lot of thought later, here I am, a new Satanist.

I'm still really finding my feet, and deciding precisely what the particulars of my belief are. It's hard to shed RHP ideals of what religion needs to be. With that in mind, I did end up performing a dedication ritual of sorts, but not chapter-and-verse by anyone else's design. I took what felt right to me from Diane Vera's site and went from there. I felt it more important that my sentiment came from my desire to follow this path of enlightenment with Satan as a guide, rather than a master. For lack of a better symbol of my new faith, I got myself a very simple baphomet necklace. It's cliche, sure, but as long as I know what it means to me, it serves its purpose.

I focus on Satan as the deity that bids us to be honest with ourselves. We are who we are. He bids us seek knowledge and be self-reliant. From the beginning, in Judeo-Christian tradition, God wanted us kept ignorant and subservient. Satan caused us to know good and evil, and from there we began to learn more. He does not command me to supplicate myself or present myself on my knees. I choose to recite my prayers on my knees as a sign of my willingness to receive guidance.

We'll see where it goes from here. Thanks for all the advice.

TFP

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
You sound more like a Luciferian than a Satanist,but that's cool.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
You sound more like a Luciferian than a Satanist,but that's cool.

These lines are so vague anyway. I use the term "Theistic Satanist" mostly because Luciferian is rather meaningless to me. Both for example believe there is a literal Satan probably the difference is the Luciferian would see it as an archetypal energy ball and the Satanist would see it as a praetor-human intelligence. My experience bears out the later. A Luciferian is not necessarily interested in specializing with one deity either so to speak. It would be just as likely for them to tap into the energies of several of these dark god(desse)s. I merely have an affinity for one thing, but that doesn't make it qualitatively worse or better than something else just different.

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
I meant to have "to me" at the end of my post to sum up your point haha.

Mindmaster

Premium Member
Do theistic Satanists generally say "A Satanist is born, not made"?

I think you're born with natural inquiry. You either have it or you don't. I can't give it to you, but I can help someone with the particulars if you know what I mean. That facility may push them to be a Satanist, a Thelemite, or even a Ceremonial Magician. The result is usually more related to their upbringing and environment rather than some conscious decision. We all adapt from our local environment and we use the information we have to shape our path according to our own tolerances.