• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Common Misconceptions about Wesir (Osiris) and Heru-sa-Aset (Horus)

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
Osiris- Misconceptions

1) That Osiris was born of a virgin
2) That Osiris was a human being
3) That Osiris was crucified
4) That Osiris rose from the dead and ascended somewhere

Osiris- Truths

1) Wesir is the actual Kemetic name of Osiris
2) Wesir was never a human being, he was the god-king of Kemet in Zep-Tepi (the first time)
3) Wesir was not crucified, he allowed his brother Set to kill him, so that he could become king of the dead, seeing as the afterlife needed a king
4) Wesir was not ressurected, his body was pieced back together into a somewhat mummiform figure, and he can only exist in the afterlife. He seriously is a dead god

Horus- Misconceptions

1) That Horus was born of a virgin
2) That Horus was a human being
3) That Horus was crucified
4) That Horus is the saviour of the world

Horus- Truths

1) Horus is a god, he was never a man
2) Horus was not crucified
3) Horus is not the saviour of the world, but he is the saviour of his father Osiris
4) His actual name is Heru-sa-Aset (Horus son of Isis)

Rainbow Mage

Now can people please stop posting Zetgeist propaganda about Osiris and Horus?

Rainbow Mage

Well I don't think anyone takes the stories literally about this either. Yet, it is believed that Wesir is the dead god king of the netherworld, and that Heru-sa-Aset is the king of Kemet. Rather you accept the mythical versions of how this came to be or not. I think they're nice stories. Do I really think Set nailed Wesir inside a coffin and sent it down the Nile River? No, probably not...