• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Common ground.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
How can believers and atheists find common ground to be able to say.

You know, I see you as a human being, no matter if you believe in a religion or not.
I want to know you as a person, but if you believe or not, that is your private choice.

I can love you for just being you.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Our common humanity is what can bring us together.
Does that mean that speaking about our personal belief, should only happen together with those we already know have faith, and less about "converting non believers"
Is it better to let curious atheists come to us when they want to know what we believe?

Heyo

Veteran Member

You know, I see you as a human being, no matter if you believe in a religion or not.
I want to know you as a person, but if you believe or not, that is your private choice.

I already do all that without any problem. Religion is just a tiny aspect of most peoples lives and easily ignored/tolerated. That's a fact that is easily forgotten here as we concentrate on that tiny aspect.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I already do all that without any problem. Religion is just a tiny aspect of most peoples lives and easily ignored/tolerated. That's a fact that is easily forgotten here as we concentrate on that tiny aspect.
Personally i have some form of religious thoughts, idea, ponder, discussion, talk more than 70% of my day, every day.

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member

I have common ground with many theists, including my wife and several very good friends. We just accept each other's beliefs. Not much different to being a fisherman yet still liking and respecting someone who doesn't fish.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru

Difficult till believers have God and his messengers. Forget that and there are no differences. Morals decided by society.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
That is an unusual obsession and probably problematic. When you see everything and everyone through a religious lens, you miss so much about peoples character.
I do not think of other peoples faith unless it comes up in discussion or when i am in RF. But a lot of what is said in RF is with me for the rest of my day.
When it comes to my own life, i have dedicated it to find the light from within, that to me is the awakening of the spiritual being i am.
So to me it is not unhealthy :)

Trailblazer

Veteran Member
Personally i have some form of religious thoughts, idea, ponder, discussion, talk more than 70% of my day, every day.
Many, many years ago God and religion was a tiny aspect of my life but then it was more than 70%.
I am not concerned 70% about others' beliefs or spirituality, only my own.
Lately I have been distracted by other concerns but God is never far from my mind, since I need a lot of help with these concerns of mine.

Gargovic Malkav

Finding "common ground" is a lot more difficult, if not impossible when one thinks about power all the time.

loverofhumanity

We are all the leaves of one tree
Premium Member
Does that mean that speaking about our personal belief, should only happen together with those we already know have faith, and less about "converting non believers"
Is it better to let curious atheists come to us when they want to know what we believe?

I was once an atheist and I’m so, so glad I heard about Baha’i. It made my life worth living and encouraged me to stop being selfish and serve others. To educate myself. To have a stable relationship. (Our 44th wedding anniversary tonight).