• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Coming out of the fogg.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
What i mean to say with the title?

Depression is like being in the fogg, to not see clearly where to go in life, to not see the good things life brings us. But when we get out of the fogg we begin to see truth more and more clear :) also the truth about ourselves.
Yesterday was that day for me, i got out of the fogg :)

If you ask me how it happens i can only say, i needed help to get out this time. I was not able to free my self from the depression and it felt horrible to be helpless. And i know from doing a search, in my own threads and OP in the forum that i was not my self for a long time. Some of my answers in here was cruel to others.

Take care of your mental health, it's not wrong to ask for help, but it hurts to go though the prosess of getting free.

Eyes to See

Whatever the reason it is good to hear you talk about feeling better. It is sad that many people are too proud to admit they have mental problems such as depression. But they are very real, just like physical aliments. Mental ones though are not visibly seen by others, although their effects can be.

There are several Psalms that have helped me when I was really down because of things that hit me in life, really hard, one after another.

One is this:

"Throw your burden on Jehovah, And he will sustain you. Never will he allow the righteous one to fall."-Psalm 55:22.

In the same Psalm are these words:

My heart is in anguish within me,
And the terrors of death overwhelm me.
Fear and trembling come upon me,
And shuddering grips me.
I keep saying: “If only I had wings like a dove!
I would fly away and reside in safety.
Look! I would flee far away.
I would lodge in the wilderness.

-Psalm 55:4-7.

We can imagine how David must have felt when King Saul was trying to kill him, and he had to flee for his life and hide in caves of the wilderness, always on the alert, always on the lookout for Saul looking to take his life.

This also shows us why God did not just have an angel dictate the Holy Scriptures to us. He used men like us, who went through the same problems, had the same feelings and emotions. To whom we could relate. When he read their stories, and listen to them we can empathize with their plights. We see they understand how we felt. Not like an angel who could never be able to write things he went through like this. Except of course Jesus, who went through more than anyone still living has gone through.

Here is a song with those words from that Psalm that I always felt soothed away some of the sorrows:

https://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/children/become-jehovahs-friend/songs/5-gods-wondrous-works/

And another song that has really encouraged me in dark times:

A Prayer of the Lowly One:

https://www.jw.org/en/library/music-songs/sing-out-joyfully/44-prayer-of-the-lowly-one/?media=sjjc

Beautiful Instrumental of the song:

https://www.jw.org/en/library/music-songs/sing-out-joyfully/44-prayer-of-the-lowly-one/?media=sjji

Cooky

Veteran Member

Depression is like being in the fogg, to not see clearly where to go in life, to not see the good things life brings us. But when we get out of the fogg we begin to see truth more and more clear :) also the truth about ourselves.

If you ask me how it happens i can only say, i needed help to get out this time. I was not able to free my self from the depression and it felt horrible to be helpless. And i know from doing a search, in my own threads and OP in the forum that i was not my self for a long time. Some of my answers in here was cruel to others.

Take care of your mental health, it's not wrong to ask for help, but it hurts to go though the prosess of getting free.

I tend to see depression when those around me express it. I'm an adaptive person, so I have to be careful who I come into contact with. But lack of sleep never helps.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I think if you understand the nature of depression you can get over it by living through it.

See it for what it is, and realize it's just a natural part of you as much as happiness and joy is.

I think part of the issue as to why people can't escape depression is they think it's something that they need to get rid of, or it's not supposed to be there.

Once you become acquainted and understand its nature, that it's an aspect of life and living, you can easily walk in and out of depression whenever you want by not clinging to expectations or trying to remove it from your life.

It's always been a part of meditations. You'll allow everything to come and go just like your thoughts and emotions do.

It's what this meant when people say they are enabled to overcome Mara.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member

So very glad the fog beginning to clear for you.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I think if you understand the nature of depression you can get over it by living through it.

See it for what it is, and realize it's just a natural part of you as much as happiness and joy is.

I think part of the issue as to why people can't escape depression is they think it's something that they need to get rid of, or it's not supposed to be there.

Once you become acquainted and understand its nature, that it's an aspect of life and living, you can easily walk in and out of depression whenever you want by not clinging to expectations or trying to remove it from your life.

It's always been a part of meditations. You'll allow everything to come and go just like your thoughts and emotions do.

It's what this meant when people say they are enabled to overcome Mara.
The mara i been fighting is my past, i been stuck to much in how things used to be, that i did not see what happens right now ( Even i thoughts i lived in the moment, i now know i did not live in the moment ) so all the problems i experienced, Even back to my childhood formed how i was thinking now.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I tend to see depression when those around me express it. I'm an adaptive person, so I have to be careful who I come into contact with. But lack of sleep never helps.
Depression is often very difficult to get out of if we dont care to ask for help. So i hope if someone with depression read this, they can also get out of it, the hard part is the beginning when we have to ask for help.

uloMartin

Clearity is but A mean's of perception; Perception is A Part of Realiz'in. The Fog Clear's But the Symptoms r Forgotten, How Was that of Any Help. To Get Spiritually You Must Besiege the Depression of the Mind, So that Valid Growth is Perceived, And Henceby Real-Lized. Some People Wish not to Go through hell to Appreciate Life, While others perceive hell, They grow As A Person, Which of Which is You;? The Person Who Gets Forged By Fire; or the One Who Run's For Cover? The Reality of Any Situation, Can Teach; So U May' Learn. Grow into the Direction Which Perceives And u May Realize the Definition That May Prone ur Life; Rather then Set's it on Auto Pilot in the Reality of Life. Good u got A Break, But What Will u learn?

How Per
ceived, Will u
be?​

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Clearity is but A mean's of perception; Perception is A Part of Realiz'in. The Fog Clear's But the Symptoms r Forgotten, How Was that of Any Help. To Get Spiritually You Must Besiege the Depression of the Mind, So that Valid Growth is Perceived, And Henceby Real-Lized. Some People Wish not to Go through hell to Appreciate Life, While others perceive hell, They grow As A Person, Which of Which is You;? The Person Who Gets Forged By Fire; or the One Who Run's For Cover? The Reality of Any Situation, Can Teach; So U May' Learn. Grow into the Direction Which Perceives And u May Realize the Definition That May Prone ur Life; Rather then Set's it on Auto Pilot in the Reality of Life. Good u got A Break, But What Will u learn?

How Per
ceived, Will u
be?​
Honestly i am not sure your post help me to further development, i might misunderstand you. But it seems more like a way to tearing down someone. Luckely for me i been to hell and back, so i am stronger then falling down again today.

uloMartin

One Must Realize, The Grace Hell Bounds, "In Which Sincerity is Forged"; - The intent of Purpose is Of Non Relevance TAKEN; Tho Given At time's; By Realize of Non Offense it is Presented; Thus the World Would Be Better.
In Hope of Definition: (2) Mechanism.

Grow in What You Perceived; Render Over What Realized, And Form Understanding Through Concept: Falun Gong (c) Readdress the Concept; ~ Find Light :IE the Reality of the Seen ...

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
It is far from a beautiful place to be. And i realized i been there for many years....But now i am more free :) but still some work to do :)
Just be sure it isn't just a type of high, akin with depressive manic syndrome, because depression does naturally come back to us all.

What frees you, or "removes the shackles" as it were, is the ability to go through sessions of depression without attaching to it, and the way to not attach is to understand the nature of things like this.

It's a bit like the apprehension and dread one feels before something gawd awful, happens, and then after it happens you get more acquainted, and the impact can be far less impactful then previously encountered with each incident that comes and goes.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Just be sure it isn't just a type of high, akin with depressive manic syndrome, because depression does naturally come back to us all.

What frees you, or "removes the shackles" as it were, is the ability to go through sessions of depression without attaching to it, and the way to not attach is to understand the nature of things like this.

It's a bit like the apprehension and dread one feels before something gawd awful, happens, and then after it happens you get more acquainted, and the impact can be far less impactful then previously encountered with each incident that comes and goes.
What you say is true :)
Right now every day is a battle for not become depressed again, but i awake gå every morning now ready for what come my way. Honestly i can not remember last time my mind was this clear. But my doktor said it must at least be one month with no depressiv thoughts before i begin to win the battle.