• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Comfort Zones and Respect

ZenMonkey

St. James VII
At one time a few decades ago, I was young and I found comfort at home, in the woods, in drain tunnels next to my home, on the couch watching tv, catching snakes and bringing them home to mom, and sometimes while sleeping (when my nightmares were not so vivid)). I found comfort in my hell on wheels mindset, and in the fact that I thought myself to be tough. I was a small child ... much smaller than most my age, and I guess I felt like I needed to let others know how tough I was. Anyway, that was a long time ago.

I later found comfort in the arms of the opposite sex, in other place too and well ... I guess I still do ... err, umm ..... well I guess I would depending on the who. Anyway, I later lost my comfort zones and so now I guess I understand the need for them. After years upon years of being without. I'm pretty dim witted sometimes. I blame myself ... of course. My subjects of discourse are a bit taboo, or that's what they say anyway. Politics and religion ... go figure and here I am again shooting myself in the foot (figuratively) to spite my face (unwittingly). See, I told you I was dim witted.

I guess I enjoy stirring the pot and calling the kettle black being a kettle that happens to be black myself. Respect ... It isn't easy to come by, particularly when I've been guilty, and for most of my life of ummm ... stirring the pot and calling the kettle black being a kettle myself and a black one at that.

In the end, I've not always been trying to be a friend, but then I always wanted to become more effective in my particular vocation and form of apologetics. I'm a student and that's the God's honest truth. I do truly want and wish happiness for all, but i sometimes forget how I felt when I first began doing what I do, and how stupid I sometimes felt when my argument or apologetic wasn't up to par, much less eagle, and nowhere near a hole in one, which brings to a question.

What's better than a hole in one? Two holes in one ... that's life. That's all I have to say about that,

icehorse

......unaffiliated...... anti-dogmatist
Premium Member
It all sounds right to me. Except maybe that we might grant people a bit of respect by default, but within minutes, they have to earn, they are not entitled to it.