• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Collateral Murder

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
This ignorant attitude does nothing to remedy a bad situation.

right, if the truth is against you precious america, then it is ignorance.

i don't think you'd ever accept the truth even if you were hit on the head with it as long as you think your america is as you see in the media.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
That's not the same video, and it's concluded with a statement saying that no unarmed people were hurt during the shooting.

no it's not the same. i didn't hear the part where no unarmed people were hurt, they were shooting at unarmed people. did you hear their cheers at the end?

in the other video, what kai has posted if incorrect. the news channel had accurate information about the shooting, they explained everything, there was one photographer among students (civilians) one talking on the phone and other communicating with one another.

there were no weapons. none at all.

kai

ragamuffin
no it's not the same. i didn't hear the part where no unarmed people were hurt, they were shooting at unarmed people. did you hear their cheers at the end?

in the other video, what kai has posted if incorrect. the news channel had accurate information about the shooting, they explained everything, there was one photographer among students (civilians) one talking on the phone and other communicating with one another.

there were no weapons. none at all.

eselam i haven't posted any video, in the video of the OP i have stated that i can make out weapons and that the US army has stated weapons were found after the incident. I dont know what video you are talking about.

A

angellous_evangellous

the United States Central Command, which oversees the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, released the redacted report on the case, which provided some more detail.

The report showed pictures of what it said were machine guns and grenades found near the bodies of those killed. It also stated that the Reuters employees "made no effort to visibly display their status as press or media representatives and their familiar behavior with, and close proximity to, the armed insurgents and their furtive attempts to photograph the coalition ground forces made them appear as hostile combatants to the Apaches that engaged them."

Read more: Video Shows American Killing of Photographer

... and how many times do we see reporters in war zones right alongside armed combatants?

The part with the guy taking cover behind the corner of the building pointing what looked like an RPG at the Apache looked very convincing to me.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
eselam i haven't posted any video, in the video of the OP i have stated that i can make out weapons and that the US army has stated weapons were found after the incident. I dont know what video you are talking about.

i was speaking about the video in the OP also.

i will try and get the information from the news channel. you can see for yourself.

no weapons were present to begin with, how did they manage to find them after the shooting? would they have shot back if they had weapons, especially an RPG?

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
no weapons were present to begin with, how did they manage to find them after the shooting? would they have shot back if they had weapons, especially an RPG?
Nobody's said that they actually had an RPG, only that whatever it was that the guy crouching behind the building was carrying looked like an RPG.

And if they had weapons, I can think of one big reason for why they didn't shoot back: the men weren't insurgents, but were carrying weapons for personal protection against insurgents.

kai

ragamuffin
i was speaking about the video in the OP also.

i will try and get the information from the news channel. you can see for yourself.

I can see weapons in the video esalam , and i am playing it back time and time again now , if i was in that air weapons team with no replay and had to make a judgement call i would have opened fire. and firing back wasn't an option left open to them now was it.

KatNotKathy

FWIW, even if that tripod was an rpg, you try hitting a moving helicopter from over a mile away. Even if they were armed, they would have been no threat.

The reason the footage is so grainy isn't because of bad technology, it's because it's on maximum zoom and the helicopter is so far away that they don't even notice it until they're getting shot at.

tumbleweed41

Resident Liberal Hippie
right, if the truth is against you precious america, then it is ignorance.

i don't think you'd ever accept the truth even if you were hit on the head with it as long as you think your america is as you see in the media.
This has nothing to do with "precious america". It has to do with your claim, without verifiable sources, that it is only Americans doing all the killing, that America controls Al quida and all other Islamic terrorist organizations.
You will never find me justifying what America has done to get us into this war. But I will not stand by while you promote ignorance. It is ignorance that got us into this situation, and only truth that will get us out. Not propaganda by anyone.

A

angellous_evangellous

FWIW, even if that tripod was an rpg, you try hitting a moving helicopter from over a mile away. Even if they were armed, they would have been no threat.

The reason the footage is so grainy isn't because of bad technology, it's because it's on maximum zoom and the helicopter is so far away that they don't even notice it until they're getting shot at.

The camera man wasn't the one identified with the RPG. He was on the other side of the building.

kai

ragamuffin

their not pointing it at the helicopter ! the helicopter is supporting ground troops thats what the guys were taking pictures of, the ground operations. The guy is pointing it around the corner at what is going on there.and i believe he was pointing a camera the air weapons team had to make a decision there and then, they have to stop any attack on the ground troops. there's something going on around the corner there's attack helicopters in the air and there are armed men in a group lurking around the corner. Its a recipe for a disaster thier going to die.

A

angellous_evangellous

I can see weapons in the video esalam , and i am playing it back time and time again now , if i was in that air weapons team with no replay and had to make a judgement call i would have opened fire. and firing back wasn't an option left open to them now was it.

I can too.

The pilots requested permission to fire, saying that they identified weapons (perhaps correctly). They did not say that the Apache was being fired upon, and this incident is in the midst of an ongoing engagement.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
... to the helicopter, maybe. However, as the video makes clear, there were also a number of other soldiers in the area. An RPG would certainly be a threat to a Bradley fighting vehicle or to a group of soldiers on foot.

KatNotKathy

Oh all right then. I suppose that makes gunning down innocent civilians and journalists after practically begging permission to shoot them all right.:)

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
... to the helicopter, maybe. However, as the video makes clear, there were also a number of other soldiers in the area. An RPG would certainly be a threat to a Bradley fighting vehicle or to a group of soldiers on foot.

there were no other soldiers in the area, the video says so.

A

angellous_evangellous

OK, at 3:48 in the video we clearly see armed men.

At 4:07 there appears to be a man taking cover behind a building pointing an RPG at the Apache.

If that person is part of the media, why the heck would you point something at a chopper that is circling around a group of armed men?

The RPG is fired from a squatting position and behind cover like that, it's a perfect placement.

Gharib

I want Khilafah back
Nobody's said that they actually had an RPG, only that whatever it was that the guy crouching behind the building was carrying looked like an RPG.

well if they weren't sure, how do they start shooting? well i guess it is in line with how the war began, the US assumed iraq had nuclear weapons therefore they invaded.

And if they had weapons, I can think of one big reason for why they didn't shoot back: the men weren't insurgents, but were carrying weapons for personal protection against insurgents.

very possible.

A

angellous_evangellous

there were no other soldiers in the area, the video says so.

No, it says that there were no soldiers EAST of their position, so they were clear to fire without hitting their own guys.