• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Click here for happiness!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
6405c115fdb8cf87f6e1258d750c0aa2.jpg

The Best Brené Brown Quotes On Vulnerability, Love, And Belonging

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Happiness versus joy -

Happiness may be caused by luck, good fortune, or other person-centric pleasures. Joy is caused by elation at a moment in time. Joy may not always be about oneself but be about others' contentment also. Happiness is about the self's pleasure. Happiness may dwell on materialistic, worldly pleasure while joy is derived from soul satisfying, emotional well being. While happiness comes from outside things, joy is about inner self. To quote an example here: If one wins a lottery of $10,000, they would be very happy but if that person works hard and sets up his business and earns $10,000, he would feel joy. Though the ultimate benefit is the same, the cause being different makes the final emotion different.

Happiness vs Joy - Difference and Comparison | Diffen

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
The difference between joy & happiness:

The first I click on is here -

Happiness may be caused by luck, good fortune, or other person-centric pleasures. Joy is caused by elation at a moment in time. Joy may not always be about oneself but be about others' contentment also. Happiness is about the self's pleasure. Happiness may dwell on materialistic, worldly pleasure while joy is derived from soul satisfying, emotional well being. While happiness comes from outside things, joy is about inner self. To quote an example here: If one wins a lottery of $10,000, they would be very happy but if that person works hard and sets up his business and earns $10,000, he would feel joy. Though the ultimate benefit is the same, the cause being different makes the final emotion different.

Happiness vs Joy - Difference and Comparison | Diffen

Enjoy!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Joy attitude heart

Often, ordinary experiences can lead to joy when they lead us beyond themselves to reveal, at least implicitly, the glory and goodness of God. We’ve all had this kind of experience, when we’ve been moved by the beauty of the sea, a baby’s smile, a glorious summer sunset, or the immensity of a forest. Learning to appreciate the goodness and beauty of the people and things around us, paying conscious attention to the present moment, can be a source of wonder and joy.

View the rest -

10 Attitudes that will make you more joyful

:)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Ways to experience more joy in life

My gut tells me that the sweet spot of decisions and stuff lies somewhere between two outfits and half a closet of outfits. What I do know is that every time I reduce the amount of stuff we have in our house, we all feel better, lighter, freer.

I recently read a book by Joshua Becker titled The More of Less: Finding the Life You Want Under Everything You Own. Joshua and I "met" online when we discovered each other's websites -- his is becomingminimalist.com, which reaches 1 million people a month -- and became fans of each other's work.

A surprising way to feel more joy - Happier

Enjoy!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Create joy today -

Frame a photo of a favorite memory.

Take five deep breaths and stretch.

Browse books at your local book store.

Interview yourself (sounds foolish, but can be oh so fun!) -- try the Proust Questionnaire.

Try a new recipe.

Learn something new (ex. a new hobby or craft).

Many more suggestions here -

50 Ways to Add Joy to Your Day

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Small things bring you joy

Each new day is what you make of it. And while life can truly send us some serious and unexpected curveballs, the way we face these situations can say a lot about who we are.

Fortunately, there are many people out there who choose to face each day with a feeling of joy. This positive and uplifting energy can be a real benefit to others and to society. And while I may not always be in a good mood, I do try to put my best foot forward whenever possible.

Just like there are ways we can improve our own lives by learning from our canine friends, there are just as many ways we can improve our lives by adding in large doses of joy.

This exclusive list takes a look at 12 easy ways we can add joy into our lives on a daily basis. These uplifting methods are a simple reminder that we do have more control over our own happiness than we sometimes think.

https://www.littlethings.com/easy-ways-to-add-joy-to-your-life/

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Improve your emotional health -

Do you know the difference between your thoughts and your emotions? Did you know we cannot control whether we have emotions, just what we do with them once they are triggered? Did you know that if we bury core emotions, they make us anxious? Did you know emotions are there to make us move? Did you know that depression is often caused by anger towards another person that gets turned against one’s self? Did you know that shame is an emotion from which we all suffer? Did you know there is healthy shame that civilizes us and toxic shame which impairs us? Did you know the brain can change and heal from the day we are born until the day we die?

6 Concrete Ways to Improve Your Emotional Health in 2020

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Happiness is a blurred emotion. It can mean different things to many people, and part of a psychologist’s quest is to identify all of the distinctive applications of the word. Most of us will agree that happiness is an emotional state of well-being defined by positive feelings ranging from contentment to intense joy. Those who believe in positive psychology strive to apply research methods to answer questions about what happiness is and how it can be attained. It is well known that happy people are physically and emotionally healthier than unhappy ones. There is evidence suggesting that individuals can increase their level happiness with actions like exercising to release endorphins. It is also well known that various practices have been associated with happiness, such as eating well. Health Psychologists view mood disorders like depression, through a bio-psycho-social model, meaning there is no single cause. Biological, psychological, and social factors all contribute to someone’s emotional state. This model suggests that everyone can benefit, in varying degrees from habits and practices identified by health psychology.

Read more here -

The Relationship between happiness and joy

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Stop Wishing For A Better Life

It’s no secret, everyone wants a better life. But as you may or may not know, the grass is rarely greener on the other side. It may appear that way but as soon as you attract better circumstances there will be new problems and challenges to overcome. For example, those who are single might lament their loneliness and want to be in an intimate relationship to compensate for this. However, some become disheartened when the relationship doesn’t meet their expectations and they wish they were single once more. The same is true with money. When we’re struggling financially, we wish for an endless supply of money, however if we become financially successful, there are other challenges that arise. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not suggesting we shouldn’t become financially free. Though, we ought to develop the right mindset so irrespective of whether we are rich or poor, single or in a relationship, we will be happy nonetheless. How do you feel about this? Can you learn to be happy with your current circumstances knowing your life is a work in progress?

Stop Wishing For A Better Life And Embrace The One You Have Now | Tony FahkryTony Fahkry | Personal Growth and Self-Empowerment

Enjoy!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
We live in times of evolutionary change. Any model or organizational structure based on manipulation, deceit, or illegitimate power is crumbling.

We are marching towards a new era ruled by higher vibrations and values that are aligned with integrity, authenticity and respect for all the people involved in any given process of interaction.

While the new models and organizational structures are not clearly defined, people are looking for real answers and meaning, amidst the over abundance of information that is produced in our global world.

People are looking for guidance, but are often misguided by those who regurgitate the manipulative values of the crumbling system or by false gurus.

More here -

How to Unmask False Gurus

Take care now!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
How do you know when you’re living your purpose? When your present moments begin to feel perfect.

When you live on purpose, your relationship with time changes dramatically. You’ll no longer be looking for happiness somewhere in the future. You’ll stop saying to yourself, “Once X happens then I’ll be where I want to be. Then I’ll be happy.” Instead you will look to your present and say, “This is exactly where I want to be right now… and nowhere else. Nothing could be more perfect than this precise moment.”

The emotion that accompanies this state is joy. Joy results from total acceptance of your present moment. Whenever you project your consciousness away from the present moment and seek happiness in another time or place, you leave joy behind. When all parts of your being fully embrace where you are right now, you can’t help but feel joyful.

Read the full article at this location -

Living a Life of Joy - Steve Pavlina

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Enjoy simple things in life -

Some people often say that the simpler our way of life the fewer worries we have and the fewer mistakes we make. However, everyone is free to complicate life as much as they want. We all have the right to take risks, project our dreams and to have as wide and varied social circle as we want.

The main thing is that the key is not to lead a simple life, it is keeping simple thoughts and knowing what is important, what really makes our heart happy and identifies us. From there, all of us are free to build our own microuniverses. We invite you to reflect on it.

Happiness Is Appreciating The Simple Things In Life — Exploring your mind

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
It’s been almost twenty years since my high school graduation. At the time, I asked one of my favorite teachers to sign my yearbook. This is an excerpt of what he wrote:

“You don’t need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows. Follow your intuitions and take risks. If you’re afraid, that means you’re doing it right. People who take the easy way out have precious few moments worth remembering.”

At a point, in adulthood, I became interested in psychology and positive worldview. This is when I realized how relevant this advice was. To live is to take risks. If you’re not taking them, you are skating along, merely existing. Risks are a staple part of life among the happiest people on Earth. Here, we will take a look at some examples, and try to figure out how to implement them into the everyday.

Read the rest of this site here -

10 Big Risks That Joyful People Have To Take Every Day | Spirit Science

Enjoy!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Qualities of joyful people

Into every life a little rain must fall. Does your rain come from a stray cloud on an otherwise sunny day, or is it from a gray, overcast sky that never goes away? Personal forecasts of sunny days and sunny moods contribute positively to a person’s health.

It is no surprise that a contented mind and cheerful spirit improve physiological functioning. We know the opposites — stress, depression and anxiety — can cause physical illnesses. Stress and depression both can lead to heart disease and heart attacks. People with heavy job stress have 50 percent higher health care costs.

It is a common misperception that life will always be better in the future: when we have a larger home, a nicer car, a corner office; when we are married, have children, or get divorced; once we finish a difficult task at work, or change jobs altogether.

The Pursuit of Happiness: Characteristics of Happy People

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Nobody likes being judged. This is because the majority of judgments we make about each other are false and misinformed. Happy people understand through their own experiences that life is a perpetual learning process and everything we go through changes us in some way. With this knowledge, it just doesn’t make sense to hold a bunch of grudges. Happy people accept that we all struggle with different weaknesses, and everyone has the potential to figure things out in due time. This makes happy people better and more patient companions than those who are always judging others for their weaknesses.

The road to happiness is not an easy one to travel. It requires a sense of humble honesty which does not come naturally to everyone. Happy people are popular and successful for a reason. Anyone who smiles that much has got to be doing something right. It’s time you realized how much you have to learn from them. Happy people do not want you to be jealous. They want you to share in their joy by opening yourself up to the lessons all around you. They want to learn from you while inspiring you with their example. This is why we love happy people, and the world would probably stop turning without them. Hug your local happy person today. Let them take you by the hand and lead you toward a better life.

10 Adorable Characteristics Happy People Have

All the best!