• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Click here for happiness!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
cherish.jpg

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
More about spiritual bypassing from that email -

What comes to mind when you think of ‘spirituality’?

You might picture beautiful temples, ethereal instruments, golden Buddha’s, gardens and forests of paradise, the faces of enlightened masters, angels, mountain ranges, sunsets, or any number of other dazzling images.

We tend to associate spirituality with transcendental and heightened states of being that are invariably associated with the feelings of happiness, joy, deep inner peace, and contentment.

At its core, spiritual bypassing is like any other form of avoidance that rewards us with a false feeling of security and happiness, while undermining our deeper path of self-growth and transformation.

What Is Spiritual Bypassing? (Beware of These 10 Types) ⋆ LonerWolf

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Buddha's teaching on love & compassion & happiness -

The following is a description of the Buddha’s teachings on the four qualities of love, from the first chapter of Teachings on Love , written by Thich Nhat Hanh

Happiness is only possible with true love. True love has the power to heal and transform the situation around us and bring a deep meaning to our lives. There are people who understand the nature of true love and how to generate and nurture it. The teachings on love given by the Buddha are clear, scientific, and applicable. Every one of us can benefit from these teachings.

More at this site -

https://www.thewayofmeditation.com.au/the-four-qualities-of-love/

Enjoy!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Reasons to be cheerful -

The online magazine, which follows an eclectic collection of recent solo ventures including the Broadway adaptation of his 2018 album American Utopia, is dedicated to covering solutions found to the many problems facing our tumultuous world.

“It often seems as if the world is going straight to Hell. I wake up in the morning, I look at the paper, and I say to myself, ‘Oh no!’ Often I’m depressed for half the day,” he shared in a press release. “As a kind of remedy, and possibly as a kind of therapy, I started collecting good news.”

Reasons to be cheerful

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Happiness habits ...

What makes people happy? What’s the difference between happy people and miserable people?

Simple. They have different habits – they act and think differently.

It doesn’t matter whether you’re rich or poor, whether you drive around in a Lamborghini or an old Chevy truck, whether you’re good-looking or plain, whether you live in a warm or cold climate, or whether your self-confidence is high or low.

The main difference (other than genetics) between happy and unhappy people are habits. Happy people engage in more happiness-boosting habits while unhappy people engage in more misery-inducing habits. It’s as simple as that.

What makes people happy? Habits of Happy People – Backed By Research

Enjoy your day!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
We’re always chasing something—be it a promotion, a new car, or a significant other. This leads to the belief that, “When (blank) happens, I’ll finally be happy.”

While these major events do make us happy at first, research shows this happiness doesn’t last. A study from Northwestern University measured the happiness levels of regular people against those who had won large lottery prizes the year prior. The researchers were surprised to discover that the happiness ratings of both groups were practically identical.

Ten Habits Of Incredibly Happy People

:)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
“If you want to identify me, ask me not where I live, or what I like to eat, or how I comb my hair, but ask me what I am living for, in detail, ask me what I think is keeping me from living fully for the thing I want to live for.”

Daily Dig for June 6

Enjoy!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
A beginner’s mind is full of energy, openness. It is ready to let go of the past and accept every challenge, because it doesn’t have a concept of how things should be. That is why there is such a pleasure and zest in starting something new, be it a new hobby, learning a new skill, and kicking off a new business or career.

The true enemy of beginner’s mind is laziness, and the desire for comfort. It closes us down to what we currently have and prevents us from growing to new heights.

Takeaway: Keep an open a hungry mind. Leave space for the unexpected, for serendipity.

15 Essential Habits for a Happy Life and Success | Live and Dare

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
When it comes to happiness – one of the only things that takes it away is thinking that it’s fleeting. The thinking about it and lamenting it: separating ourselves from it. The brain, the stupid thinking brain wants to get in the way of it all the time. Whether it’s looking backwards or forwards – it wants to take over the body and keep us occupied with reflections and computations. Nostalgia makes things past better than they really were. Future-focus makes the present into a desire for what isn’t, yet.

Yet in truth, we are only truly happy in the active making of our life – the skipping, swimming, cooking, dancing, loving, creating, making – pain comes from the searching for the result.

The result lives in the present moment.

Comes from this little site -

And now for a completely different approach to happiness. . .

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
What distinguishes happiness from fulfilment is pain. It is eminently possible to be fulfilled and – at the same time – under pressure, suffering physically or mentally, overburdened and, quite frequently, in a tetchy mood. This is a psychological nuance that the word happiness makes it hard to capture; for it is tricky to speak of being happy yet unhappy or happy yet suffering. However, such a combination is readily accommodated within the dignified and noble-sounding letters of Eudaimonia.

The word encourages us to trust that many of life’s most worthwhile projects will at points be quite at odds with contentment and yet worth pursuing nevertheless. Properly exploring our professional talents, managing a household, keeping a relationship going, creating a new business venture or engaging in politics… none of these goals are likely to leave us cheerful and grinning on a quotidian basis. They will, in fact, involve us in all manner of challenges that will deeply exhaust and ennervate us, provoke and wound us. And yet we will perhaps, at the end of our lives, still feel that the tasks were worth undertaking. Through them, we’ll have accessed something grander and more interesting than happiness: we’ll have made a difference.

Comes from this page -

A Better Word than Happiness: Eudaimonia -

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Happiness self respect - or self esteem? -

Low self-esteem is associated with negative thoughts about yourself; and negativity feeds unhappiness. Conversely, a healthy self-esteem means being more accepting of yourself and your life, with far fewer negative thoughts.

Signs of a healthy self-esteem include:

Being authentic; pursuing the things you enjoy doing and that are good for you

Being assertive and speaking up for yourself

Not worrying excessively about what others think

Focusing on your own life without the need to compare yourself to others

Less worry about rejection, failure or not fitting in

Talking and thinking about yourself in a healthy way

For more - click below -

https://www.healthyplace.com/blogs/buildingselfesteem/2015/07/is-self-esteem-the-key-to-happiness

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Vulnerability is not something we normally link with self-esteem. We are much more inclined to picture an impenetrable sort of confidence, a version of ourselves where nothing can breach our walls of strength and self-adoration. Yet vulnerability is not only an incredibly powerful tool for those already on the road towards building self-esteem–it is also a very good place to start.

A whole bunch of similiar articles -

https://www.healthyplace.com/blogs/buildingselfesteem/self-respect-building-self-esteem

Plus check-out their menus etc ...

Enjoy!