• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Click here for happiness!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
One more from Tiny Buddha -

Bodhicitta. Metta. Loving-kindness. Compassion. Whatever you call it, this is what spiritual practice is all about, right? Long story short, the teachings instruct us to generate these vast motivations and wishes that all sentient beings be free from suffering and experience true and lasting happiness.

It sounds wonderful, doesn’t it?

So why is it that so many of us are still unhappy, even after years of sitting on the cushion? Why do we still struggle with depression, anxiety, fear, and even self-loathing?

Becoming Friends With Yourself: You Deserve Your Love

:)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Scribbled down a few earlier despite limited sleep!

Quotes Mitch Albom - azquotes? - yes - may be others!!!

Youtube Mitch Albom? - another great hunch! - hard to listen at library :)

Choose positive thoughts - John? - Tiny?

Meditation take responsibility for your life

Tiny Buddha negative thoughts - a few - as nearly always!

Meditation brainwaves

Meditation happy place (visualise)

Meditation fully experience moment -

What Does Meditation Feel Like? Sensations Experiences (With Examples)

Comprehensive site - menus at right of screen if that aint enuf 4 yoo :)

Off to explore a little more!

Enjoy the rest of your day!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Best-I-can-600x600.png

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
You binged on cookies, lost one, then two, then 8 days of meditation, and you had a potentially relationship-terminating “discussion” with your brother. Now you’re what you used to call depressed. Again. You tell yourself you were an imposter to think you could ever break free. You question all of your gains. You question your ability to get off of meds. And you question who you are. I don’t even know who I am or what I’m doing here! You sob. And you withdraw. You’ve had to let go of the rope, and now it’s whipping around in front of you behind a boat that’s getting smaller and smaller in the distance.

This is bad news right?

Mess to Meaning: From Breakdown to Breakthrough | Wake Up World

Enjoy!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
The soul, when accustomed to superfluous things, acquires a strong habit of desiring things which are neither necessary for the preservation of the individual nor for that of the species. This desire is without limit, whilst those which are necessary are few in number and restricted within certain limits; but what is superfluous is without end.

Maimonides

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Year of happy -

The Year of Happy is a year-long experiment for people around the world.

Positive psychology, the science of happiness, is learning new things every day about how to bring more positive emotions and meaning to our lives. But the trick is sorting through the mess of sensational media headlines and dry academic papers and applying those lessons – can we do it?

In this course, each month will focus on one skill or activity proven to make us happier, like optimism, relationships, meaning, and goals (see below). As we practice new life habits, we’ll also be learning through readings, videos, and discussions. Each month is structured like this:

Read the full website here - very comprehensive guide! -

https://positivepsychlopedia.com/year-of-happy/

Cheers!

:)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
From recent emails etc -

Meditate on your potential

Happiness habit meditation

Find happiness by embracing all of your emotions

Year of happy! - did a thread! - religious forums year of happy?

Enjoy the rest of your day!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Some Laing quotes! -

The condition of alienation, of being asleep, of being unconscious, of being out of one’s mind, is the condition of the normal man. Society highly values its normal man. It educates children to lose themselves and to become absurd, and thus to be normal. Normal men have killed perhaps 100,000,000 of their fellow normal men in the last fifty years.

R. D. Laing

Remind me to paste in a couple more - you KNOW what I am like :)

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Recommended reading meditation

The 4-Step Guide to How to Meditate

We hear a lot these days about the incredible benefits that a dedicated meditation practice can have on our brain health, mental and physical abilities, creativity, and overall happiness and well-being. But how do you meditate?

It can seem like a silly question — just sit down and breathe, right? This is what I used to think too. “Meditation? I’m a yogi, I got this!” Or so I figured… And then, I found out how to really meditate, or at least, how to do so while truly reaping its full range of benefits for the body and mind.

While it might be technically simple to meditate, it’s not quite as foolproof as you might imagine. The magic ingredients? Intense focus, duration, and regularity, all built on a bedrock of calm, patience and self-compassion. The longer you can set aside to meditate, and the more regularly you practice, the greater the benefits you’ll get. So when I went from an occasional 10-minute break to a daily 20-minute morning ritual, for instance, it made all the difference.

Are you ready? Come along now on Goalcast’s guided meditation, and we’ll give you a few pointers to get you started on the path to living a mindful life.

Enjoy!