• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

cleaning the spiritual state of your home

satyaroop

have you spiritually cleansed your home?
what procedure did you use to cleanse it?
what difference has it made? "feels better, looks better/brighter, you sleep better, more relaxed at home, think more clearly, etc"
have other people also noticed the difference? have pets, if any, reacted to the cleansing?
do you perform a cleansing on a regular basis?
does your home have a "negative" past? if yes,were you aware of this past before moving in?
has paranormal activity occurred in your home, or does it occur? has spiritual cleansing reduced it or caused it to end?

some questions for anyone bored enough to answer or anyone interested in the topic...

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
have you spiritually cleansed your home?

Sometimes.

what procedure did you use to cleanse it?

I just use natural cleaning products (say lemon for cleaning floor tiles or baking soda to shine glasses and so forth). I found using that with prayers helps not only with the chemicals but gives me a boost of cleaning is not just about no dirt and dust. It's your environment and your home. Spiritually making it such is a good habit (that and I live alone).

what difference has it made? "feels better, looks better/brighter, you sleep better, more relaxed at home, think more clearly, etc" have other people also noticed the difference? have pets, if any, reacted to the cleansing?

All the above. I live alone and can get messy many times. I do lot of art and "craft" so I turned my whole apartment into an altar and two other altars in the living room. Keeps me sane, I guess you can say especially when I paint or journal.

do you perform a cleansing on a regular basis?

I'm way overdue. I would like too but my energy and memory makes me forget to keep it an ongoing habit even though I have boat load of time to ingrain it into a regular practice.

does your home have a "negative" past? if yes,were you aware of this past before moving in?

Yes. I live in a senior/disability complex. Before I moved in, a resident passed away in the apartment. It's owned by the Catholic Church and I wouldn't be surprised there would be history here since this is where the US Civil War hung out among other places further south of me.

has paranormal activity occurred in your home, or does it occur? has spiritual cleansing reduced it or caused it to end?

No. Growing up in other homes yes. I don't know when it stopped or at least when I moved out from home and moved alone, it kinda ceased. I guess my parent carries a lot of negative energy around her. You can sense it but I don't know the nature of how spirits are attracted to people, I just know they are.