• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Classify Me...religiously

Status
Not open for further replies.

phantom

Could someone tell me where I fall in the religious chain?

I believe in science. But I believe there is an organized pattern in science...sort of a 'signature.'

I believe in an all-powerful conciousness ...composed of a pure substance [that which we have not discovered yet] [energy or whatever]

I do not believe in a personal relationship with this conciousness, but I believe the conciousness flows through everyone and hears everyone's thoughts. I do not believe that everyone is 'composed' of this conciousness, just that the conciousness is able to flow through us all.

I believe in historical record, that which is accurate, and I believe this conciousness is responsible for all that is considered 'divine.'

I believe this conciousness formed our universe and is a part of our universe and that there are more like us throughout this universe.

As for motive, I believe this conciousness has no humanly reason for creation, merely a reason that I cannot comprehend. How could I understand the reasoning of something so great?

so, anyway, what does this make me? Taoist? Deist? I'm lost, but I feel strongly about this.

Runt

Your beliefs remind me a little of Hinduism. Take this quiz: http://www.selectsmart.com/RELIGION/

I got 100% for Unitarian Universalism and 100% for Taoism... both which are religions that I follow. So it was pretty accurate for ME, and perhaps it will be for you as well.

P.S. We' already pretty much have a forum for this, so I'm going to close this thread. If anyone wants to answer this thread directly, just send Phantom a PM! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.