• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints plugs global warming

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
In the first talk of the Saturday Evening session of General Conference,

“Lovest Thou Me More Than These?”

By President M. Russell Ballard
Acting President of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles

He said,

"President Dallin H. Oaks, speaking in 2017, noted the following: “These are challenging times, filled with big worries: wars and rumors of wars, possible epidemics of infectious diseases, droughts, floods, and global warming.”11

We cannot lose our love for and hope in Jesus, even if we face seemingly overwhelming challenges. Heavenly Father and Jesus will never forget us. They love us."

This made me happy.

Altfish

Veteran Member
In the first talk of the Saturday Evening session of General Conference,

“Lovest Thou Me More Than These?”

By President M. Russell Ballard
Acting President of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles

He said,

"President Dallin H. Oaks, speaking in 2017, noted the following: “These are challenging times, filled with big worries: wars and rumors of wars, possible epidemics of infectious diseases, droughts, floods, and global warming.”11

We cannot lose our love for and hope in Jesus, even if we face seemingly overwhelming challenges. Heavenly Father and Jesus will never forget us. They love us."

This made me happy.
Better late than never

Altfish

Veteran Member
You'll notice the original statement was 2017.
Global Warming was first posited in 1896; it was then firmed up in 1936; since the late 1950s/early 1960s it has been regularly warned; by 2000 it was mooted as the biggest threat to human survival.

So, I stand by my statement, "Better late than never"

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
Global Warming was first posited in 1896; it was then firmed up in 1936; since the late 1950s/early 1960s it has been regularly warned; by 2000 it was mooted as the biggest threat to human survival.

You're fine.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member

Remember this is about the whole congregation accepting this not just those that were scientists.