• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Church invites Muslims to use room to worship

Nisou Kitsune

Resident Anime Freak
This, my friends, is awesome. WARNING! The Daily Show with Jon Steward is a comedy show and the British man is satirist (ie, a humorist who uses ridicule and irony and sarcasm). The overall news of this is heartwarming. And! The end is amazing too.

Big Mohammed's House - The Daily Show with Jon Stewart - 05/05/11 - Video Clip | Comedy Central

A Muslim group asked a church if they could use their all purpose room for worship, and the church said yes and fully accepted them. What a step in the right direction.

What say you?

*Anne*

Bliss Ninny
I can't watch the video yet because my daughter is playing piano right behind me. It sounds great though! :)

*Edit: I just watched it. :clap John Oliver is nuts! :D

Thanks for posting, Nisou.

Last edited:

Tarheeler

Argumentative Curmudgeon
Premium Member
It's great to hear, but it's not really that unusual.

I know that here in NC, where we have very small communities of Jews and Muslims, it is very common. Many of these groups can't afford to build their own sanctuaries and often find worship space in Christian churches.

I often think that the media has more to do with the feelings of animosity and conflict than anything else.

Nisou Kitsune

Resident Anime Freak
The sentiment is nice, and its great to hear. I wish this kind of thing happened more often.

And I believe you are right, Tarheeler. I also think that willful ignorance plays a large part as well. I knew little about the Islamic faith before I researched it. I was like other Americans who wrongfully condemned an entire religion on the actions of a few. Its not far to say that all Muslims are bloodthirsty and are willing to do the terrible things that extremists do. Besides, its hypocritical for Christians to say that anyway. Just look at recent history and you will see plenty of Christian influenced terrorist attacks. Oklahoma City bombing anyone? George Tiller anyone (and he was shot IN HIS CHURCH in the middle of service)?