• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christians - S&M

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
NetDoc said:
Of course... why should anyone care about how a husband and wife show their affection?
Wouldn't you consider S&M a form of abuse ? -do you see abusive marriages in thast vein ( why should anyone care about how a husband and wife show their affection ?)

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
Aqualung said:
well, the fact that the s is sado, and the fact that violence is generally condemned in the Bible...
Of course, you have a scripture to share with us about this?

Scuba Pete

Michel,

Abuse is wrong. Whether it is sexual, physical or emotional. However, if the role play is mutual, then where is the harm? While I would never want to participate in something like this with my wife, I will not sit in judgement and tell the next couple that this is "wrong" just because I don't like it. Not long ago fellatio and cunnilingus were considered taboo among married couples. For all I know, some may still feel that way but I would challenge ANYONE to find a scripture that denounces these acts.

michel said:
Wouldn't you consider S&M a form of abuse ? -do you see abusive marriages in thast vein ( why should anyone care about how a husband and wife show their affection ?)

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
NetDoc said:
Michel,

Abuse is wrong. Whether it is sexual, physical or emotional. However, if the role play is mutual, then where is the harm? While I would never want to participate in something like this with my wife, I will not sit in judgement and tell the next couple that this is "wrong" just because I don't like it. Not long ago fellatio and cunnilingus were considered taboo among married couples. For all I know, some may still feel that way but I would challenge ANYONE to find a scripture that denounces these acts.
I can see where you are coming from, and where you are going to (as my wife would say), but surely there must be some limit to 'non judgementalism'. If you saw a man and a woman greatly enjoying pulling out each other's nails, would you still walk by, without a word ?(and there was apparently some poor guy who got a sexual kick out of pulling out his finger nails - though who and where, I have no idea)

NoName

Well, I guess all I could say about it is this - Is it okay for a christian to slit his or her wrists for fun? Because S&M is just mutual harm for pleasure. If you think it's okay for one to harm his or her body (the temple of the lord) for fun, then go for it. But if you see such "pleasureable" activities as slitting your wrists to be sinful, you better not engage in mutual abuse mixed with sexual intercourse.

Scuba Pete

Not being familiar with the intimate practises of S&M, I have no way of knowing if it's harmful, or if ALL of it is harmful. That being said, it is not up to me to determine limits for anyone else but for ME. Fortunately, my wife and I seem to have the same limits so there is no friction there. :D

:eek: Well, no "bad" friction, anyways! :eek:

Aqualung

Tasty
NoName said:
Well, I guess all I could say about it is this - Is it okay for a christian to slit his or her wrists for fun? Because S&M is just mutual harm for pleasure. If you think it's okay for one to harm his or her body (the temple of the lord) for fun, then go for it. But if you see such "pleasureable" activities as slitting your wrists to be sinful, you better not engage in mutual abuse mixed with sexual intercourse.
Yes, I agree with you there. I don't think it's morally acceptable to hurt people for pleasure, even if both parties agree to it.

Netdoc - Sadism is taking sexual pleasure in inflicting pain on others. Masochism is taking sexula pleasure in having pain inflicted on you by other people. S&M is the agreement to inflict pain on each other for sexual pleasure. This can come in many forms. But how could it be moral for one to defile the temple of God, as NoName has put it, simply for sexual pleasure?

Scuba Pete

Again,

I see no scripture dead set against it... but you might know one. As it sits, I refuse to pass judgement on matters of opinion. If they are OK with it, who am I to try and act as the "Sex police".

Aqualung

Tasty
NetDoc said:
Again,

I see no scripture dead set against it... but you might know one. As it sits, I refuse to pass judgement on matters of opinion. If they are OK with it, who am I to try and act as the "Sex police".
Well, I'm the sherrif of the sex police, so I see no problem with it. :biglaugh:

Aqualung

Tasty
Do you know what the word "generally" means? Maybe you should go look in a dictionary or something. Also, there's a difference between God actually coming down and allowing people to be violent to save house, property, family, or land. There's something different to just being violent because it hightens a sexual experience. Also, never did God allow people to be violent toward their wives.