• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christians: "In These Three I Believe"

Polaris

Victor said:
It's either doctrinal or it's not. Which is it?

As I stated before, I believe it is.

Victor said:
I assure you that the vast majority of Christians would find the bold troublesome.

Just to clarify, when I say I believe God is continually progressing I don't necessarily mean that he goes from a state off lesser knowledge and power to one of greater knowledge and power. His progression is concerning His creations, which are always increasing. In that sense He is always progressing -- His creations continually bring him more joy and glory.

FFH

Veteran Member
Victor said:
It's rather clear to me that LDS see the word "image" depending on context.
When Adam was created he was in a state of innocence, being neither carnal, nor spiritual. He knew no sin nor righteousness, but was innocent as a child, incapable of knowing or understanding the difference between evil and good.

There is no way Adam, in this innocent state, could have been spiritually reborn.

Therefore, there is no way God, in this scripture, is referring to taking on the spiritual image of Himself.

God uses the terms make, image and likeness so as to leave no doubts that He is referring to the physical.

Genesis 1: 26

And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them heave dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

dan

Victor said:
I assure you that the vast majority of Christians would find the bold troublesome.

There doesn't have to be a problem with the idea that God progresses. Christ was a perfect human being his entire life, but he had stuff to do to progress. As God's creations glorify Him he grows in glory. I am more disturbed by the idea of a static God who just is. What is the point of our existence if we bring Him no joy or glory?