• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christians: Do you believe that Jesus is JHVH? If not, is He another God?

Lyndon

"Peace is the answer" quote: GOD, 2014
Premium Member
I am converted to Islam 20 years ago,I forgot Islam for many years and followed Christianity and Buddhism, but now I no longer believe those religions are true for me.Right now I do not pray Islam prayers(although I still have them memorised), or go to Mosque, but I have not renounced Islam. I am eager to learn more about Islam and incorporate it into my daily life. I do not meditate but practice some teachings of Buddha, I have most respect for Jesus of all prophets I have studied, and I try to follow Jesus' teaching as I have been taught, I do not believe Jesus is God, absolutely not, but he is Godlike, I think of him having qualities of someone very close to God. I sincerely believe prophet Mohammad(pbuh) was God's messenger.

Last edited:

Servant_of_the_One1

I am converted to Islam 20 years ago,I forgot Islam for many years and followed Christianity and Buddhism, but now I no longer believe those religions are true for me. I do not pray Islam prayers(although I still have them memorised), or go to Mosque, but I have not renounced Islam. I do not meditate but practice some teachings of Buddha, I have most respect for Jesus of all prophets I have studied, and I try to follow Jesus teaching as I have been taught, I do not believe Jesus is God, absolutely not, but he is Godlike, I think of him having qualities of someone very close to God. I sincerely believe prophet Mohammad(pbuh) was God's messenger.

Without disrespect, you are the first one who made me dizzy for years. Thanks for that. So you are kind 25% muslim, 25% christian, 50% Buddhist?
To get it right, u believe jesus pbuh was just more than only prophet/messenger? Because he was made from the Word(Be-and it is) of God, and God created him from His Spirit?

Lyndon

Premium Member
Right now, and this is only like in the past few days, I would say 10% Buddhist, 15% Taoist, and 75% Islam. I just did the Islamic prayers for the first time in years, I have forgotten the bowing exact process, but I still have Al Fatihah, Qul awah Allahu Ahed, atoyiatu, and allahumi sali Allah memorised.

I think all the prophets have Godlike qualities, just Jesus is my favourite, not God, or son of God but son of Man.

Servant_of_the_One1

Right now, and this is only like in the past few days, I would say 10% Buddhist, 15% Taoist, and 75% Islam. I just did the Islamic prayers for the first time in years, I have forgotten the bowing exact process, but I still have Al Fatihah, Qul awah Allahu Ahed, atoyiatu, and allahumi sali Allah memorised.

I think all the prophets have Godlike qualities, just Jesus is my favourite, not God, or son of God but son of Man.

Masha Allah. may Allah make us all strong in faith.
There is up and down period in imaan/faith.
Teachings Buddha are noble , like being good to humans, judging yourself, dont criticize others... I respect these teachings and believe that Buddha wanted to perfect human character. Weither he was prophet , i dont know, only Allah knows.

You should meet up with your sisters if you didnt do that already because of living in village or city where there are no muslims...

Lyndon

Premium Member
I'm a man!!Servant, I'll meet up with my brothers!! (Lyndon can be a man or woman name) My Muslim name I chose is Abdullah, but people called me Mahmoud at the Muslim owned restaurant I went to, people from Albania. My last name I chose is Khan. We have a small mosque in my town now, I used to have to drive 20 miles.

Servant_of_the_One1

I'm a man!!Servant, I'll meet up with my brothers!! (Lyndon can be a man or woman name) My Muslim name I chose is Abdullah, but people called me Mahmoud at the Muslim owned restaurant I went to, people from Albania. My last name I chose is Khan. We have a small mosque in my town now, I used to have to drive 20 miles.

Thanks for correction brother.

Abdullah is beautiful name, but anyways u dont have to change ur name. I dont think Lyndon(if thats ur name, and not accountname)is bad name with polytheistic meaning.

Lyndon

Premium Member
I took a Muslim name 20 years ago, I went to the mosque and said I felt I wanted to be a slave of God, and wanted to be called slave of God, and they were very pleased and told me that is Abdullah and what a good name it is, but its a very hard name to live up to, and after about a year I went back to smoking pot and lost my faith, for a long time. I am not a conservative Muslim, but I was then, and that's a very hard thing to live up to. I am scared to go to the mosque and call myself a Muslim in America today, but on the internet I can tell the truth, I have just prayed about and I heard Allah speak to me: don't go to the mosque yet(my views are too liberal) but say your prayers 5 times a day, but sitting like Buddhist meditation, because the physical fatigue for me of the prayers kneeling and bowing was one of the reason I lost my faith. Then in the future after I get used to saying my prayers regularly I can always change my mind and do them the traditional way, or maybe once a day traditional way. The important part is the prayer made me feel very peaceful and warm and close to Allah subhana alla , Thank you you have really inspired me, you are a true Servant of the One.

Lyndon

Premium Member
I have a Buddhist name too, John, my middle name by birth, the SE Asians at the temple couldn't pronounce L sound.

Blackmarch

W'rkncacntr
If Jesus is part of the trinity, and there is only one God, /ie a human isn't Deific, a god/, then isn't Jesus JHVH? If not, who is He? Another god? not a god? If not JHVH, et divine, isn't that polytheism? Why pray to Jesus if He isn't JHVH? Isn't that praying to another god?
I believe that Christ is the one who was actually before moses at the burning tree. However I believe that God is the one over him. One of Christ's duties is to represent his Father.
I pray to Christ's God.