• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christianity vs Islam

ppp

I will show you how the Torah points to the Gospels.

Look at this:
If you go every 50 letters in the Book of Genesis you will get the spelling of TORAH
If you go every 50 letters in the Book of Exodus you will get also the spelling of TORAH
If you skip Leviticus and go to Numbers,you go every 49 letters and you will get TORAH spelled backwards!
If you go to Deuterenomy every 49 letters you will also get TORAH spelled backwards!

Why?
They are both pointing at Leviticus
In Leviticus in every 7 letters you will get the spelling of YAHWEH - Y-H-V-H(I am that I Am)
Every 7 letters - the entire book of Leviticus!
The book of Leviticus shows that it would take the sacriface of the perfect Lamb - Jesus Christ to atone our sins.
In every language? In every version of the Torah?

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.

Look at this:
If you go every 50 letters in the Book of Genesis you will get the spelling of TORAH
If you go every 50 letters in the Book of Exodus you will get also the spelling of TORAH
If you skip Leviticus and go to Numbers,you go every 49 letters and you will get TORAH spelled backwards!
If you go to Deuterenomy every 49 letters you will also get TORAH spelled backwards!
I kind of put this in the same category as the post that was saying the blood from the sacrifices symbolizes the female eggs.

Dimi95

Χριστός ἀνέστη
In every language? In every version of the Torah?
Only in the language it was written.

I'm sure that you have heard about gematria and Sefer Yetzirah,so you know where does that come from.

ppp

Only in the language it was written.
Please be specific. Round about responses are a red flag for me.

I'm sure that you have heard about gematria and Sefer Yetzirah,so you know where does that come from.
Not by name. But upon looking gematria and Sefer Yetzirah up, I find that I am superficially aware of the concepts behind both terms.

Dimi95

Χριστός ἀνέστη
Please be specific. Round about responses are a red flag for me.

Only in Hebrew language and in the Hebrew Bible

You should note also this:

if you start from the first Taf, ת, and count fifty letters, then it does work out.

TAV is the first letter in Torah.
The word TAV means 'impression' or 'mark'.
TAV alludes to the three essential services of the soul:
-teshuvah which means repentance
-tefillah which means prayer
-Torah which means Law od God

All three of these words in Hebrew begin with the letter TAV.
TAV represents truth.
The letter TAV begins the word tikkun (redemption).

Not by name. But upon looking gematria and Sefer Yetzirah up, I find that I am superficially aware of the concepts behind both terms.
Gematria (from Gr. γεωμετρία) is the computation of individual letters, words, or entire sentences utilizing their numerical equivalence.

Sefer Yetzirah is the most mystic ancient Jewish text.

SEFER YETZIRAH [Book of Creation] https://ia600707.us.archive.org/16/items/Holy-Books/SeferYetzirah.pdf

Dimi95

Χριστός ἀνέστη

If you want to know more you should check the work of Gregg Braden and Troy Brewer

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler

Look at this:

Why?
In Leviticus in every 7 letters you will get the spelling of YAHWEH - Y-H-V-H(I am that I Am)
The book of Leviticus shows that it would take the sacriface of the perfect Lamb - Jesus Christ to atone our sins.

What from 'the Word was God' do you not understand ?
What confuses you there?
Maybe what oneness means?

And btw, Logos means the principle of reason.

One other thing that you should note is that Matthew was a tax collector , so most probably he spoke other languages such as Greek.
As if with a knowing wink to say “don’t take this too seriously,” the press release accompanying the book gives us a clue: “Rips ExplAineD thaT eacH codE is a Case Of adDing Every fourth or twelfth or fiftieth letter to form a word.” The hidden message is revealed: “READ THE CODE.” But even this is deceptive since this is not what Drosnin and Rips have done. Since Hebrew is, for the most part, written without vowels, the vowels are added after the skip search program is run on the 304,805 letters. If it were English, for example, RBN could be Rabin, or Ruben, or Robin, or Rubin, or Rabon. And even though Hebrew is read from right to left, the Bible decoders do not restrict themselves to such a limited search, adding left to right, up to down, down to up, and diagonally in any direction. Herein lies another serious problem. The diagonally-found words depend on the margins of the page of type. Change the margins, and the diagonal word disappears. Finally, if you have a name or word in mind ahead of time you just search to find it. Or you can look at the sequence of letters to find a meaningful name or word. Seek and ye shall find.​

Dimi95

Χριστός ἀνέστη
As if with a knowing wink to say “don’t take this too seriously,” the press release accompanying the book gives us a clue: “Rips ExplAineD thaT eacH codE is a Case Of adDing Every fourth or twelfth or fiftieth letter to form a word.” The hidden message is revealed: “READ THE CODE.” But even this is deceptive since this is not what Drosnin and Rips have done. Since Hebrew is, for the most part, written without vowels, the vowels are added after the skip search program is run on the 304,805 letters. If it were English, for example, RBN could be Rabin, or Ruben, or Robin, or Rubin, or Rabon. And even though Hebrew is read from right to left, the Bible decoders do not restrict themselves to such a limited search, adding left to right, up to down, down to up, and diagonally in any direction. Herein lies another serious problem. The diagonally-found words depend on the margins of the page of type. Change the margins, and the diagonal word disappears. Finally, if you have a name or word in mind ahead of time you just search to find it. Or you can look at the sequence of letters to find a meaningful name or word. Seek and ye shall find.​
Please feel free to explain the Hebrew alphabet and its rules.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
"One reason that Bible Codes have gone out of fashion is that mathematicians and statisticians have thoroughly, completely and convincingly disproved them. For example, Barry Simon of the Caltech mathematics department has shown that any sufficiently large text will have similar letter patterns in it. Famously, the same algorithms used in the Bible Codes yielded similarly “prophetic” results when used on Hebrew translations of “War and Peace.” "

It's a really difficult read, but if you want to read the actual research that debunked the Bible Code, you will find the pdf here:

justaguy313

Premium Member

Look at this:

Why?

What from 'the Word was God' do you not understand ?
What confuses you there?
Maybe what oneness means?

And btw, Logos means the principle of reason.

One other thing that you should note is that Matthew was a tax collector , so most probably he spoke other languages such as Greek.

Yeah, Torah has a code, but so does the Quran.

justaguy313

Premium Member
I respect all religions, however regarding the two major religions I think Islam is lacking one big thing. Gods son.

……He’s kind of a big deal.

The reason why muslims don't believe that Jesus pbuh is God's son is stated in Surah Al Nisa verse 157 and Surah Al Kahf in first 10 verses. Gnostic early christian gospels of Nag Hammadi also confirm that the lookalike of Jesus was crucified in his place.

Ebionite

Gnostic early christian gospels of Nag Hammadi also confirm that the lookalike of Jesus was crucified in his place.
Problem is that the beliefs if the Second Treatise of the Great Seth are not consistent with Yeshua endorsing the prophets of YHWH, just as it was unjust for Simon of Cyrene to be crucified. The idea that there was someone else who suffered from the crucifixion is supported by the gospels, though.

Then saith Jesus unto them, All ye shall be offended because of me this night: for it is written, I will smite the shepherd, and the sheep of the flock shall be scattered abroad.
Matthew 26:31

Awake, O sword, against my shepherd, and against the man [that is] my fellow, saith YHWH of armies: smite the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered: and I will turn mine hand upon the little ones.
Zechariah 13:7

justaguy313

Premium Member
Problem is that the beliefs if the Second Treatise of the Great Seth are not consistent with Yeshua endorsing the prophets of YHWH, just as it was unjust for Simon of Cyrene to be crucified. The idea that there was someone else who suffered from the crucifixion is supported by the gospels, though.

Then saith Jesus unto them, All ye shall be offended because of me this night: for it is written, I will smite the shepherd, and the sheep of the flock shall be scattered abroad.
Matthew 26:31

Awake, O sword, against my shepherd, and against the man [that is] my fellow, saith YHWH of armies: smite the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered: and I will turn mine hand upon the little ones.
Zechariah 13:7

The Holy Bible mentions specifically Simon of Cyrene literally:

A certain man from Cyrene, Simon, the father of Alexander and Rufus, was passing by on his way in from the country, and they forced him to carry the cross. They brought him to the place called Golgotha (which means “the place of the skull”). Then they offered him wine mixed with myrrh, but he did not take it. And they crucified him.
Dividing up his clothes, they cast lots to see what each would get. It was nine in the morning when they crucified him. The written notice of the charge against him read: the King of the Jews.

The Holy Bible, Gospel of Mark, Chapter 15, Verses 21-26

Ebionite

The Holy Bible mentions specifically Simon of Cyrene literally:

A certain man from Cyrene, Simon, the father of Alexander and Rufus, was passing by on his way in from the country, and they forced him to carry the cross. They brought him to the place called Golgotha (which means “the place of the skull”). Then they offered him wine mixed with myrrh, but he did not take it. And they crucified him.
Dividing up his clothes, they cast lots to see what each would get. It was nine in the morning when they crucified him. The written notice of the charge against him read: the King of the Jews.

The Holy Bible, Gospel of Mark, Chapter 15, Verses 21-26
Yes, but it would have been unjust for him to suffer crucifixion.

muhammad_isa

God's ways can be mysterious and mystic sometimes and certainly in the event of crucifixion.
We don't know for sure what happened (according to Qur'an).
We just know that Jesus did not DIE on the cross .. not that he wasn't put on it..
Maybe .. maybe not.

justaguy313

Premium Member
We don't know for sure what happened (according to Qur'an).
We just know that Jesus did not DIE on the cross .. not that he wasn't put on it..
Maybe .. maybe not.

Surah Al Nahl verse 43 and Surah Al Anbiya verse 21 state that muslims must refer to Scriptures or ''The people of the Book'' if certain matter is not clear to them.

And We sent not before you, [O Muhammad], except men to whom We revealed [the message], so ask the people of the message if you do not know.

Surah Al Anbiya verse 21