• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christianity: Humanism should come before theology

• Thread starter angellous_evangellous
  • Start date
A

angellous_evangellous

When I speak to skeptics, I find that my willingness--from the heart--to die for them, despite the fact that they would curse, mock and despise me, in a Spirit-led effort to honor them and to treat them as I'd like to be treated, is nowhere near ethically bankrupt.

I agree.

That's not ethics. It's silliness.

(hint: If you really were willing to die for skeptics, you would already be dead)

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
I agree.

That's not ethics. It's silliness.

(hint: If you really were willing to die for skeptics, you would already be dead)

Die for a skeptic to trust in Christ, are you offering?

Die by stepping in front of a bus to save a skeptic's life. If you're offering this, you might want to talk with suicide prevention first.

A

angellous_evangellous

Die for a skeptic to trust in Christ, are you offering?

Die by stepping in front of a bus to save a skeptic's life. If you're offering this, you might want to talk with suicide prevention first.

Did it look like I was offering? I wasn't the one who lied saying that I'd die for a skeptic.

leibowde84

Veteran Member
Jesus told the truth about divorce which that it messes with the family cohesion that was established through ritual commitment. Ask most any kid who's parents are going through a divorce and see if they think it's a good thing to split up the family unit. Not saying there are not times when this is absolutely necessary to avoid harm to children but for most divorces the real hidden victims are the children. And you know Jesus' words about harming children..
That is the problem. Absolute rules like this are unreasonable. Divorce is necessary in many cases, whether kids are involved or not.