• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christianity - Explain

Rolling_Stone

I was just wondering is anyone would be willing to tell me why they believe in God. I must warn you that if you do post your reasons that I will be obliged to reply by destroying your theories through real proof. :p
Ah, the arrogance, self-certainty and boldness of inexperienced youth!:turkey:

Rolling_Stone

Okay, I decided to humor you, but let’s change the language a little. Instead of God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit, let’s use the words Being, Consciousness and Mind. This is fair because it gives us one essence (Being) with three aspects, faces or hypostases not at all different than either the Christian concept or the Hindu concept of Being, Bliss and Intelligence. In order to logically “disprove” such a God, you have to show that consciousness is not intrinsic to the nature of Being itself. (Never mind that you have to use mind to do so.) But here’s the problem: in order to do so you either have to disprove the science that suggests consciousness is intrinsic or prove such interpretations of scientific experiments are invalid.

Quite frankly, I don’t think you’re up to the task.

Dream Angel

:)
Okay, I decided to humor you, but let’s change the language a little. Instead of God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit, let’s use the words Being, Consciousness and Mind. This is fair because it gives us one essence (Being) with three aspects, faces or hypostases not at all different than either the Christian concept or the Hindu concept of Being, Bliss and Intelligence. In order to logically “disprove” such a God, you have to show that consciousness is not intrinsic to the nature of Being itself. (Never mind that you have to use mind to do so.) But here’s the problem: in order to do so you either have to disprove the science that suggests consciousness is intrinsic or prove such interpretations of scientific experiments are invalid.

Quite frankly, I don’t think you’re up to the task.

Youve given me a headache with that paragraph! It could win "Tongue twister of the year 2007 award" :)