• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Christian Clothing

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
It just occurred to me that Christians don't have any specific clothing they wear. It struck me as odd. Why is this? Most religious groups have some kind of requirement; Sikhs have turbans and even swords; Jews have kippot, shaving restrictions etc.; Muslims wear kufis, hijab, thawb, long dresses etc.; Dharmics have salwar kameez, dhoti etc.

I'm wondering why Christians have nothing like this? It seems to be a large feature in many religions.
Nuns wear habits. Monks wear simple robes. Clergy wear vestments.

Dan From Smithville

Monsters! Monsters from the id! Forbidden Planet
Staff member
Premium Member
It just occurred to me that Christians don't have any specific clothing they wear. It struck me as odd. Why is this? Most religious groups have some kind of requirement; Sikhs have turbans and even swords; Jews have kippot, shaving restrictions etc.; Muslims wear kufis, hijab, thawb, long dresses etc.; Dharmics have salwar kameez, dhoti etc.

I'm wondering why Christians have nothing like this? It seems to be a large feature in many religions.
I've never even thought about it. Maybe we should adopt something cool and trendy. Maybe throw in regional or national associations to promote diversity. I am sort of glad that we do not have special clothing.